Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

plainswalker75 posted:

I had to swap back to the original Iron Man uniform to get past that section; for some reason the 3099 costume just doesn't have enough walk speed or something.

yeh its cos og iron man flies and 3099 iron man walks on the ground, i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Secret Empire update coming. I never read that. Looks like Hydra Cap, Iron Man Armor for Red Skull with the Cosmic Cube, Crossbones, Baron Zemo, and Viper/Madame Hydra so far? Would be a good time to give a bunch of villains the Awakening bump and maybe some costumes. Sin seems obvious. I read Doc Ock was part of the Secret Empire story so he'd make sense. I thought MODOK was a nazi too but I guess I was confusing him with Arnim Zola all along.

Cap has too many uniforms.

I guess Skull gets the T3? Nazis getting ahead everywhere these days.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8CGFDjnsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJushOe8xZY

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 30, 2020

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Secret Empire update coming. I never read that. Looks like Hydra Cap, Iron Man Armor for Red Skull with the Cosmic Cube, Crossbones, Baron Zemo, and Viper/Madame Hydra so far? Would be a good time to give a bunch of villains the Awakening bump and maybe some costumes. Sin seems obvious. I read Doc Ock was part of the Secret Empire story so he'd make sense. I thought MODOK was a nazi too but I guess I was confusing him with Arnim Zola all along.

Cap has too many uniforms.

I guess Skull gets the T3? Nazis getting ahead everywhere these days.

yeh superior ock and taskmaster's portraits leaked, so one of em is gonna be the t3 i think

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And apparently maybe Melinda May?!?! That might be bullshit but also maybe they're taking the Hydra link to bump the Agents of SHIELD characters?

Which gives us a good excuse to remember our history lessons.

https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/849451227620548608

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Jesus I just maxed out Caps new 3099 uniform.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i think theyre gonna do a new cap uniform every month now

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im basically not getting another cap until capwolf i think

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess the appeal of this Cap uniform would be it turning him villain so you have a beast option. I won’t get it because there’s lots more uniforms I don’t have that would take middling characters to useful ones. But I could see why Hydra Cap would make the end of my list.

When I first saw the tease I thought the other one was Iron Man and I assumed they were more free uniforms with Chapter 2 of the Story. I guess it could be still with the villains but it’s probably just a regular one.

I checked and Red Skull and Crossbones are already Awakened so we’re probably getting a bunch more since they usually do 8 to 10. Doc Ock and the three new. Rest could just be Sin and some randos but there’s probably room for the Shield thing. We’ll probably get a tease if that happens.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

STAC Goat posted:

I thought MODOK was a nazi too but I guess I was confusing him with Arnim Zola all along.

He gets around.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Looking like a Winter Soldier T3 coming with the update.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah. Last few sneak peaks confirm Taskmaster, Hydra Doc Ock (with some kind of Awakened skill so the other Hydras might have it too), and what looks like T3 Winter Soldier with maybe a cartoon costume? He might end up on the back of the line for me since I'm focused on T3ing Jean right now and still have Strange, Quicksilver, Thanos, and Apocalypse available but its better than a T3 Nazi.

In other stuff I've started using this chart as a reference and decided to just kind of ditch my whole WBU strategy and just do what it tells me, and drat, I had WBU all wrong. I was using my strikers for like bonuses and buffs and healing and then I just took this thing's advice to just throw Negasonic and Rachel in there and holy crud. Suddenly I'm clearing Level 40s without breaking a sweat. And I foolishly wasn't even using my Psylocke. I had it all wrong.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
That says Strange is good for Proxima. My Strange is pretty maxed, has Rage, and is terrible for Proxima. If you're going to follow that guide, replace Strange for Quicksilver there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've not followed a guide in forever because i've got strong enough t3s and my raid level is around 200 so I can bump off any WBU at low levels in a matter of seconds. Going up high takes way too much effort in comparison so I don't bother anymore because You get 30 CCF rather than 25, but you just spend 3 minutes dealing with the WBU and like gently caress that noise.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I started doing high WBUs again when they added the thing where you rack up levels on each one and get a prizes. Just gave me a reason to challenge myself. Also gave me a reason to actually play the mutants. So I’m around Level 40 with all the Black Order and around 20 with Thanos and the rest.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Holy poo poo. I bought Superior Octopus thinking it would be the big upgrade for Doc Ock, but I didn't even come close to clearing Shadowland 1, which I've been regularly doing with Superior Spider-Man costume. I've got the latter at Mythic, but it can't really be THAT much if a difference...

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

it turns him to speed so you wont be able to do the same exact floor

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Oh. Duh.

I... haven't slept much.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

haha nah i get it. ever since shadowland started telling you who you used to clear the floor last week i just do that without even looking at the requirements

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

New Danger Room is somehow more frustrating than Old Danger Room. As best as I can tell the key now is just to forget the special skills tokens and just go ham on the boss and let your skills charge up your special skills same as your T3. But I can't loving win one now.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

looks like a free mega t2 ticket so make sure you grab that

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Do the mega T2s work for premium characters? I feel like past ones I've had haven't but maybe that was selectors. T2ing a regular guy is of less value to me than 6*ing a premium.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Do the mega T2s work for premium characters? I feel like past ones I've had haven't but maybe that was selectors. T2ing a regular guy is of less value to me than 6*ing a premium.

they work for bio sub or crystal walls yeah. i forget whether they just need to be unlocked or whether they need to be 6*.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

STAC Goat posted:

I was about to say something along the lines of "I started weeping with joy at the thought of finally getting Colossus to 6 stars"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wish they'd stop putting Danger Rooms in Event Quests. I cannot imagine anyone actually enjoys doing them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I was cursing all the required danger rooms but it did boost me up to gold which got me Gambit for weekly rewards so now I'm pretty drat happy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The new schedule where they give you a weekly prize but keep rolling numbers over for a month is good because it at least gives you a reason to play and not like fight to just inch up for one week but to add up over 4 weeks and maybe get a big cash in at the end.

The flip is I find it a lot harder to win these days since like a lot of players don't seem to have realized that they've greatly reduced the value of those charge up things and that the best bet is to just attack even if just to charge up your danger room skill. Fight a lot of fights solo these days.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hosed up and forgot to do the Danger Room challange for the event missions last night and now there's no way to get the mega rank up ticket. I wish this was like other games that would give you a bit of wiggle room.

And I think most people I've done danger room with (when I remember to do it) have figured out just pounding the boss is the best way to go. It just takes FOREVER. Holy poo poo I was in a danger room for nearly 10 minutes just now.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

really wish theyd change it back to how it was a week ago when danger room only took about 90 seconds

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I've started doing danger room by watching tv and mashing my thumb on the skills area of my phone. It sure seems like that's how almost everyone I've been teamed with does it too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It kind of is the new strategy since like you wanna hit all your skills to charge up your DR skill faster (assuming your DR skill is useful). So like its complicated. A character who does damage and has a lovely skill should play smart. A character who does lovely damage but has a good skill should just spam all the buttons. A character who has both kind of works either way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm trying to decide who to t3 next.

Can T3 right now
Thor

Can T3 when i get the mats
Thanos, Apocalypse, Wolverine, Mr Fantastic, Dr Strange

Still need their gear to +25
Quicksilver, Iron Man, Black Panther, Winter Soldier.

For the record, my current T3s are Jean, Cyclops, Deadpool, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Spiderman, Sharon Rogers and Luna Snow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have Thanos, Strange, Winter Soldier, Quicksilver, or Apocalypse so I can't speak to them. Thanos kicks me rear end sometimes in Timeline so I'd guess he's the best option there. But the rest I have.

Black Panther: Nothing special really. Not worth it.
Wolverine: Bumps him up to like the T3 Cap level and helps him do more damage for his unkillability but not a game changer.
Thor: Fun in modes with lots of enemies since his T3 just kills everyone for awhile but not a game changer.
Iron Man: Meh.

Mr. Fantastic's T3 is the real deal though. One of the most powerful T3s available and can be a serious game changer if you nail it flush. Like one shot WBU Thanos.

So Reed or Thanos would be my pick.

Except I actually just T3 everyone because I can't resist when that little light appears. Which is how I end up with T3 Ant-Man.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 1, 2020

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

I would vote for Quicksilver followed closely by Doctor Strange. For me, Quicksilver gets the edge because he is so much more fun to play. When I play Dr. Strange, I look at the buttons the entire time to get the rotation just right.

Hard pass on Black Panther. He was my 2nd speed tier 2 and gets outclassed by every other speed T3.

Thanos if you want to rack up timeline wins. He can easily break 100k on Villain ABX days too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Thor is the cheapest t3. QS is far from getting his gear to +25 so I'll work on that once I've t3d someone else.

Is t3 Reed good in PvP?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

Is t3 Reed good in PvP?

Meh. He's good against top speed characters and if you throw him in leadership he gives himself a huge boost. But like his leadership barely works for anyone else and there's a bunch of other characters like Deadpool, Quicksilver, Cap, and Wolverine who take out speed characters and do other stuff. And it takes awhile to charge his skill. He has iframes and shields so you can dance with him but he's like 10th on my Timeline depth chart if everyone else is banned.

As I said, I'm not personally familiar with using him but Thanos is the dude who wrecks my poo poo sometimes in Timeline. Even my T3 Jean or Deadpool who are often wrecking everyone.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 1, 2020

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Thor is an incredibly boring T3. I personally follow whatever the latest Tier graphic tells me is best based on what I like to do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I'll probably do Thanos. Then Reed. and I'll keep working n QS. WIdow will probably have t3 when her solo movie comes out.

Hrm, the death of Future Fight is nigh maybe?
https://youtu.be/3woPXLn9obE

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So I got the Mega 2. Here's the list of options i could use it in their tiers of whether I'm gonna.

No, probably not: Kid Omega, Blue Dragon, Ironheart, Nadia Van Dyne, Arachknight, Sun Bird, Rescue, Aero, Baron Zemo, Electro, Slapstick, Juggernaut, Iceman, Jubilee, Magik, Weapon Hex, Erik Killmonger, Ghost, Kid Kaiju, Hyperion, Quasar, Sentinal

Maybe: Nick Fury, Gambit; Spider-Man 2099

Don't have but probably not: Kitty Pryde

Don't have but maybe: Namor

I figure Gambit won't get it because I could always get his X-Genes in the Danger Room and there's fewer options to spend the pay on anyway. Plus I have his gears already worked up a bunch. Namor's a Tier 3 and seems tiered high so he's on the table when I eventually get him. Spidey 2099 seems tiered high with his costume but I'm probably not gonna do it. Nick Fury seems possible but he doesn't seem especially useful on his own.

So right now I'm leaning towards holding onto it for Namor or future adds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

So right now I'm leaning towards holding onto it for Namor or future adds.

yeah pretty much. namors definitely worth it if you can put a rage on him, but if not, i think id just wait and see who they add