Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Glad someone got it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fsmhunk posted:

Glad someone got it lol

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/orangecassidy/status/1229803817744637952

:smith: and :unsmith:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Long live the ICW/ICWA Tex-Arkana Television Champion

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

He's posting NXT wrestlers' annual salary

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

would've said kelly klein but i guess that's just depressing since it's roughly correct

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well she's making nothing now because they fired her for speaking out, memory holed her title, and now are crowning a new champion for some undefined reason.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Accident Underwater posted:

He's posting NXT wrestlers' annual salary

Lmao

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If people are surprised that Dream is posting bad at Twitter then you must have missed when Dream went "Pfft anyone who is unhappy here just can't hack it" I want to say around the time Moxley left?

Dude's been licking the boot since he was on Tough Enough

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I can never think about Larry Sweeney without a strange mix of joy and sadness. Never knew the guy but just his wrestling persona was so much larger than life and he was dripping in charisma. Also one of the absolute joys of watching Chikara back in the day for his promos & his commentary & him jawing with kids in the audience.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Just in case theres someone out there that doesn't know the story behind the phrase:

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1116366785639530497?s=20

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

OctoberCountry posted:

Yeah Dream is, now that we have a couple years to put it together, basically trying to suck up to Trips/Vince nonstop.

Lends credence to the theory the cuck stuff is Paul favored.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

I can never think about Larry Sweeney without a strange mix of joy and sadness. Never knew the guy but just his wrestling persona was so much larger than life and he was dripping in charisma. Also one of the absolute joys of watching Chikara back in the day for his promos & his commentary & him jawing with kids in the audience.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same with me. I got into wrestling as a fan and not just a passive watcher of the tv show thanks to Chikara, and he is such a fundamental part of the time period that brought me in.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If people are surprised that Dream is posting bad at Twitter then you must have missed when Dream went "Pfft anyone who is unhappy here just can't hack it" I want to say around the time Moxley left?

He was right

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

OctoberCountry posted:

dude was absolutely insufferable on tough enough. I thought at the time his bootlicking was just to get himself a contract but it's like 5 years later or whatever and it never stopped

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Fsmhunk posted:

CUCK 2 U!!!

waiting for the HE CUCKS ME jersey

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

dude was absolutely insufferable on tough enough. I thought at the time his bootlicking was just to get himself a contract but it's like 5 years later or whatever and it never stopped

His Vince shoutouts have always been hilarious because his gimmick would die an absolute death on the main roster

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/565275158529441810/679422180336861235/Screenshot_20200218-152101_Reddit.jpg

Corbin shitss on meltzer

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

lmao what a loving baby

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's crazy how so much of the Internet still doesn't "get" journalism or criticism, though tbf maybe that's because a number of journalists and critics don't get journalism or criticism either, idk.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That Corbin quote is eerie in how perfect it is if you level it at Vince

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Dave has his faults, but...what?

And why is Corbin following an account named "burying smarks"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Meltzer is the microwave that the internet has placed its testicles in.

He's a cause through little fault of his own, not the disease itself.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Dave meltzer is the most toxic thing in wrestling now if you excuse me my main event push has some ratings to kill

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Baron Corbin isn't even the best wrestler whose name rhymes with "Baron Corbin"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ogYpKIuzd4

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Meltzer is one of the least critical journalists of wwe. Like he has his point of view and his preferences but he rarely just shits on wwe to poo poo on it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I consider myself in a really weird place of not really liking Meltzer and thinking he's got kind of a weird following but also not thinking its some toxic or terrible thing or that its terrible that he's sometimes kinda critical of WWE or something.

Aphrodite posted:

Meltzer is the microwave that the internet has placed its testicles in.

He's a cause through little fault of his own, not the disease itself.

I do not understand this post and I've reread it enough times to try to that I'm now just kind of uncomfortable.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

NienNunb posted:

Just in case theres someone out there that doesn't know the story behind the phrase:

https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1116366785639530497?s=20

Thank you for sharing this. I looked a while back and couldn’t find the reason for the catchphrase.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I do not understand this post and I've reread it enough times to try to that I'm now just kind of uncomfortable.

The cult of Meltzer is the cancer, he's just red meat.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

STAC Goat posted:

If I'm reading it correctly, maybe this analogy will be more helpful – Meltzer is the cigarette we all put into our own butts and smoke the cigarette all the way down past the filter using our own butts, but isn't the cancer our butts get from the cigarette.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't want to use something that's inherently evil itself because that has the wrong implication.

Dave is Red no. 2.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
It's always so weird that the "you can't criticize this if you've never done it" never seems to apply when critics praise their work.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Big Dave owns

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's crazy how so much of the Internet still doesn't "get" journalism or criticism, though tbf maybe that's because a number of journalists and critics don't get journalism or criticism either, idk.

I'm pretty sure it's all still residual fallout from Gamergate

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Meltzer analogies are starting to get a bit weird.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Big Huski Boi posted:

I mean, I thankfully largely avoided Gamergate so I can't speak with authority but people have been making really bad "you can't criticize X if you've never Xed" arguments forever about everything. Athletes, actors, writers, musicians, you name it. If there's a self important, thin skinned artist being criticized by someone then there's some rear end in a top hat making the argument that criticism is inherently wrong and bad, probably while also making criticisms themselves.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Lends credence to the theory the cuck stuff is Paul favored.

This would explain the racism

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Big Huski Boi posted:

I request to being banned please, i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the dirtsheets.

There's no problem with the wrestling industry and related stuff? Fools.

I hate F4W and wish i never wasted money to join a bunch of people like, i'm not replying to anything anymore.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Baron Corbin's entire career is based around an anti-smark gimmick so he should probably be extremely glad Meltzer exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

jesus WEP posted:

I request to being banned please, i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the dirtsheets.

There's no problem with the wrestling industry and related stuff? Fools.

I hate F4W and wish i never wasted money to join a bunch of people like, i'm not replying to anything anymore.

I remember this post.