Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

his attache case of special weights

Now theres a treasure, love that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
NVJ is the scale calibration shaman for every Aldi west of the weeping forest

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

NVJoseph and his technicolour hi-vis coat

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Sad story with some twists
My brother Matt is currently in palliative care in Brisbane and is in the process ofwinding up his poo poo.
Im picking him up in the morning and we are going to his place to sort through his unholy Midden with his son
Yep, hes a hoarder and he has accrued some really interesting poo poo.
We are going to pick the eyes out of it over the next few weeks then turn the balance over to the good folk of Salisbury
I know there are a few of you out there who might enjoy having a sift through it and might consider assisting the larger process of cleaning out his rental. He aso has a lovely old cat that needs a home if anyone is in the market.
His son is the loveliest guy and is in the same boat as me in that alot of actual awesome stuff is going because we neither have the room or the inclination to start our own hoard.
Ill have more deets over the next few days but I would advise you to not to miss this. Its a brisgoon windfall and I want this stuff to go to good homes.
PM me if youre inclined and Ill try to get some perspective on things over the next few days.

Matt was all sorts of things, good and bad. Dull and uninteresting he wasnt.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Sorry to hear about your brother man, that sucks :(

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Drint Blasters posted:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Hope the cat and the good poo poo all go to good homes

Hope your brother has an easy time of it

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
He's ok, just feels a bit short changed, expected to live forever while hoovering up everything within reach.
Miners are loving insane

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

sucks to hear about your brother, Tardwrangler.

I had a stroke of good fortune and just got given a free ticket to tool so I guess Im smoking way more weed than I planned to tonight.

this makes 3 concerts now that I have chosen to not buy a ticket and banked on one of my mates with kids to have a last-minute emergency that prevents them from going and giving me the ticket.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Condolences. I petitioned the missus about taking on a third cat but she wasn't keen, which is fair. I'll ask about and see if I can find it a good home.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Cat is a tough sell but shes a cutie
He is ok, very wasted on analgesia but lucid enough.
Mitch and I are giving him a ton of good hearted poo poo and he has to cop it sweet
Gonna line up a few temptations for him to give into tomorrow

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Drint Blasters posted:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Drint Blasters posted:

100%.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I just bought a shipping container to store building materials that keep spilling out over my car port so I’m sorely tempted to come sift through some stuff but also I might get stuck on the couch for a week if I do

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Drint Blasters posted:

hope kitty goes to someone good and your brother doesn't suffer.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Thanks thread, genuinely heartfelt

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Local magpies are fighting in the front lawn

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jestery posted:

Local magpies are fighting in the front lawn

are they fighting or just doing that weird thing magpies do to each other where they all hang around and watch two birds just swoop the same spot repeatedly, swapping between swooper and observer for about half an hour? I figured they aren't fighting bc I don't find any bodies there afterwards and magpies seem like fuckin savages

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

3-4 in a big tree swooping each other

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Rex Gilroy is worth discovering. Classic ratbag.Thats his kurrajong panther but hes mostly about the yowies

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I took a photo of some cliche tool fans (black shirt, camo cargo shorts, chucks) as a joke while waiting at the train station and now every train that arrives has about 100 more chuds wearing the same thing. It's baffling.

I knew it was accurate but not like statistically perfect

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
I saw a bloke yestersay wearing a tool tshirt and rick and morty cap.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Since we got the laser cutter at school the engineer in the faculty has been layout cut sheets in the same way with space between parts which leads to waste of materials which annoys me. I tried something different out and the CAD results so far look promising with each of the interlocking joins being a single cut to create both sides of the joint. I'll try it out tomorrow morning but I think it'll work well and cut down the amount of time I need to spend babysitting the laser cutter.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Since we got the laser cutter at school the engineer in the faculty has been layout cut sheets in the same way with space between parts which leads to waste of materials which annoys me. I tried something different out and the CAD results so far look promising with each of the interlocking joins being a single cut to create both sides of the joint. I'll try it out tomorrow morning but I think it'll work well and cut down the amount of time I need to spend babysitting the laser cutter.

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Noice

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Something weird happened

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Isaac posted:

Something weird happened

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Getting some pretty spectacular lighting here at the moment.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Lolie posted:

Getting some pretty spectacular lighting here at the moment.

The storm front proper is passing over us now. The lighting is near continuous and the thunder is getting closer. Also sounds like there’s a little hail in the rain atm.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

On my fourth hot choccy of the day

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Pulling cones under the bathroom exaust fan because brissy feels like a sweaty armpit tonight

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

On my fourth hot choccy of the day

Been having exxy hot choccy frothed up

It's very :discourse:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Storm just rolled over northern beaches. Was P savage for about 20 mins now it's just a whisper of lightning.

Condolences tardwrangler, if you PM me with a day and time I could shoot my sister down to help potentially take a few things off your hands

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Ill box you up a cool lucky dip

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Big Willy Style posted:

I saw a bloke yestersay wearing a tool tshirt and rick and morty cap.

The venn diagram of those two fanbases is just a circle.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Trains got a bit hosed around north shore and the riff due to the storms

Lightning hitting subs and overheads and trees across overheads

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

A man has died after being struck by a gas bottle during last night’s storms.

Shortly before midnight (Tuesday 18 February 2020), a 37-year-old man was walking along Harrington Street in The Rocks.

During the storm it appears a gas bottle became airborne and struck the man causing severe injuries.

He was taken inside a nearby hotel by witnesses where his condition deteriorated. Police from Sydney City arrived on scene and commenced CPR before he was rushed to St Vincent’s Hospital but was unable to recover from his injuries.

A crime scene has been established on Harrington Street and investigators are now seeking information from the public to assist with the inquiry.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
What happened to the discord? Noticed it’s not in my list any more.

Did some oval office get kicky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Yeah we had a reckoning too many Fs. Just rejoin!