Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

I feel this type of attitude is dangerous and reeks of 2016 complacency. Take him seriously because this dumbass country has demonstrated over and over again that everything is for sale and can be bought, whether it's through spreading lies and information, or prodding people to vote for you out of sheer information overload.

Like Trump, don't write Bloomberg off and instead see him as the only real viable threat to Bernie right now.

hey man I'm tweeting my rear end off and phonebanking, geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FistEnergy posted:

w....why?? it's literally the same Low Information Name Recognition poll results that we saw with Biden. These are the least committed, easiest to peel off voters. The positive effect (depressing Biden/Buttigieg/Warren supporters into facing reality) is much stronger than the negative effect of a Bloomberg Bump (and Grind)

because we live in hellworld where good things don't happen

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Feldegast42 posted:

All of them except for Nevada and South Carolina

ah, yeah everything before super tuesday

i thought he might've missed deadlines for some of those too, but it doesn't look like it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I mean poo poo think about it, Bloomberg dumping $1b of his own money to sustain power in the long-term pays dividends down the line when it comes to keeping the fuckers in the DNC in charge. billionaires don't spend their money unless they expect to make it back in spades in some capacity.. unless you're tom steyer I guess

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

bloomberg is going to walk into the convention with enough delegates + bribed superdelegates to steal this nomination and destroy the democratic party

Everyone itt is arzying about this but the death of the dems and the complete annihilation of the libs would be fantastic

Also the convention riot would rule

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Source4Leko posted:

I'll vote Trump over Bloomberg.

I get the sentiment but it'll be lost in the noise. Tons of write in votes for Bernie would be harder to dismiss then Trump just getting lots of votes and the media getting to gloat that everything they made up about Bernie supporters is true.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

did you know it's illegal to call cell phones when conducting surveys in NC

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Designed to appeal to the olds but will get mocked by everyone including pundits. She'll probably be really confused if this gets used on her.

Joementum posted:

the biden one actually works as a joke, so there's that

https://twitter.com/ArickWierson/status/1229770069502234624

The unnecessary aggression pundits hate and will get roundly criticized.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

I get the sentiment but it'll be lost in the noise. Tons of write in votes for Bernie would be harder to dismiss then Trump just getting lots of votes and the media getting to gloat that everything they made up about Bernie supporters is true.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lol at anyone talking about writing in Bernie when he'll be prominently listed as the democratic nominee.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's a democracy like substitute

these all natural ingredients reduce cost and increase shelf life!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

Lol at anyone talking about writing in Bernie when he'll be prominently listed as the democratic nominee.

And really it's this.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

You heard it here folks, Bernies taking over and reuniting Nirvana. Our long national nightmare of Foo Fighters is coming to an end.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Source4Leko posted:

I'll vote Trump over Bloomberg.

:same:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Nate Cohn erasing Warren:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1229879966994702338

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is a fair point but I think a bigger gently caress you to the democratic party is just to vote Trump if that's the case. I'll probably end up leaving it blank or writing in Bernie tho.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Phi230 posted:

Everyone itt is arzying about this but the death of the dems and the complete annihilation of the libs would be fantastic

president bernie would be better, but if the silver lining of no president bernie is a convention riot and the final destruction of the democrats, ill take it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

don't waste your vote on third party, you gotta suck it up and vote for the lesser evil. and in this case its donald trump.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Source4Leko posted:

This is a fair point but I think a bigger gently caress you to the democratic party is just to vote Trump if that's the case. I'll probably end up leaving it blank or writing in Bernie tho.

It's also a giant gently caress you to all the people Trump has screwed over in office. If it comes down to Trump v. Bloomberg, the election is not legitimate and you should not indulge it by picking either of them. Either write in Bernie or leave it blank.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

don't vote Trump dipshits; lesser-evil voting is how we got in this mess

Phi230 posted:

unless you have a concrete plan to ensure otherwise the libs would be among the last to die in this scenario

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Louisgod posted:

I feel this type of attitude is dangerous and reeks of 2016 complacency. Take him seriously because this dumbass country has demonstrated over and over again that everything is for sale and can be bought, whether it's through spreading lies and information, or prodding people to vote for you out of sheer information overload.

Like Trump, don't write Bloomberg off and instead see him as the only real viable threat to Bernie right now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly we all know the real answer is don't vote and instead do stuff. You know, be gay and do crimes stuff.

But they're all hypothetical crimes because Bernie will be on the ballot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
the main problem with worrying about Bloom is he hasn’t actually translated any of his numbers into actual votes.

if he starts to perform then you can worry

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I wonder whether Biden would have done better if he had announced four months before Iowa instead of eight months. Bloomberg would collapse for pretty much the same reasons Biden did, but he will have been in the race for much less time.

Dolphin posted:

wonder if any of the Bloomberg people realize that putting droopy onstage with canned lines might not be the best strategy

should be hilarious though

Worked for Kamala.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Bloomberg fills that space usually reserved for “undecided” in polls , purely through ads saturating people’s brains

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Limerick posted:

We can hope we're not living in the last days of American democracy, but even better than hoping is doing: Call, knock on doors, text, and donate for Bernie Sanders. :bernget20:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

american dem-makin-me-crazy

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

don't waste your vote on third party, you gotta suck it up and vote for the lesser evil. and in this case its donald trump.
Sorry but no. If it's not Bernie I'm not bothering to vote, I'll be at the convention and doing my part to become ungovernable in general.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Limerick posted:

We can hope we're not living in the last days of American democracy, but even better than hoping is doing: Call, knock on doors, text, and donate for Bernie Sanders. :bernget20:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

an excellent first ever probe

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Biden had 8 flaccid debate performances and a year campaigning to reveal to just about anyone paying attention he was useless and dying. Bloomberg is probably just a name with no associated anything to the majority of voters.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ArickWierson/status/1229769847757836289
https://twitter.com/ArickWierson/status/1229771949519376384

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if you've got the money to travel overseas multiple times a year for weeks at a time then yeah, America probably works out well for you. America is a great country to live in if you have a whole lot of money.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i gotta say this again i guess. voting trump does not hurt the dnc at all. they do not care. their donor money will keep coming in, and all is well. if it comes down to trump v bloomberg, yeah vote trump cause a ship without a sail is probably better than than one with an engine ready to gently caress the 99%, but don't do it cause you think it'll hurt the dnc. or just write in bernie, who cares, it's a lost cause at that point. vote on local poo poo though and prepare to howl your balls off laughing for another 4 years i guess? i dunno, wh ocares. bernies gonna win so this is pointless to discuss.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

What does he think Nirvana's music is? Or is it just targeted at idiot boomers who also don't know what the hell Nirvana's music is?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Excited for #Nirvana and #WalterMondale to trend on Twitter from extremely real accounts not paid for by Bloomberg.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Warren says Bernie is leading a hate group.

https://mobile.twitter.com/doctor_eon/status/1229808594758987776

She’s really lost the plot eh?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
why is she giving an interview at the store

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

freckle posted:

why is she giving an interview at the store

can’t afford to go on campaign

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

bloomberg is going to walk into the convention with enough delegates + bribed superdelegates to steal this nomination and destroy the democratic party

Seems like what you're saying is we can't lose.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I couldn't make a burn this tepid if I tried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NotWearingPants posted:

Seems like what you're saying is we can't lose.