Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do not, I repeat: do not wipe with your phone.

Then why do they come on toilet rolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Those that wipe standing up actually stuff a wad of toilet paper between their bum cheeks and walk around a bit, then squat so the pooey wad falls out, and just leave it right there on the toilet floor for poowad goblins to find. It's good luck I hear but

Yeah it totally isn't, trust me. EvenEspecially if you live alone.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The song is not "25 or 624"

The song is not "Big old Jed and Alina"

The song is not "Red Hot Love"

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Beachcomber posted:

The song is not "25 or 624"
The song is not "Big old Jed and Alina"
The first one I had to look up. I never had any idea what it meant.
I always heard it as 25-(O)-62
(it's, according to wiki, 25 or 26 minutes till 4)

It is also not "Big ol' Jed left a light on"

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do not, I repeat: do not wipe with your phone.

That explains your post history.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Captain Monkey posted:

That explains your post history.

lol

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
The Elgin Marbles are not giant stone balls, they're marble sculptures :doh:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

cyberia posted:

The Elgin Marbles are not giant stone balls, they're marble sculptures :doh:

Also, the phrase "this one's for all the marbles" sadly does not refer to Thomas Bruce, Earl of Elgin, winning the aforesaid sculptures in a game of whist

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I just found out that Ed McMahon was not the spokesperson for Publisher's Clearing House and was instead the spokesperson for a company called American Family Publishers. The Mandela Effect is real and we are living inside a lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEMYatr_j1o

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I just found out that Ed McMahon was not the spokesperson for Publisher's Clearing House and was instead the spokesperson for a company called American Family Publishers. The Mandela Effect is real and we are living inside a lie.

Ok, this is the first Mandela Effect thing to really get me. I checked like five articles because I was sure you were wrong.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

AKA Pseudonym posted:

What

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Ehh, this doesn’t throw me. I remember us getting sweepstakes crap from both companies and while Publisher’s Clearing House is the more familiar one, my memory of Ed McMahon doing commercials for the other one is pretty clear.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I always mentally confuse Ed McMahon with George Kennedy because the latter was always on endless daytime TV commercials for BreathAsure that ran at the same time as McMahon's commercials for whatever giveaway, and I guess I just confused these giant old white men.

edit: I guess the point is whenever I try to remember what contest Ed McMahon associated with I end up just going back to the chief from Naked Gun ranting about garlic

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The song is not Raspberry Parade

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I’m curious what you thought the three words before “Raspberry parade” were.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HairyManling posted:

She-vore raspberry parade.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Beachcomber posted:

blessed post

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

HairyManling posted:

Words words words RASPBERRY PARADE words words words words...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Beachcomber posted:

Words words words RASPBERRY PARADE words words words words...

Yeah, same deal with everyone who thought the AC/DC song was "Dirty Deeds...THUNDER CHIEF!"

Like...obviously that makes no sense with the whole chorus:

"Dirty deeds and they're Thunder Chief, dirty deeds and they're Thunder Chief"
?

But misheard lyrics aren't rational, especially with so many songs have nonsense lyrics anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat this secondhand store has everything.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

?

It’s Thirty Thieves and the Thunder Chief. Coming Summer 2021 from Dreamworks.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Beachcomber posted:

A little help with this one please.
--
vv Cheers :)

old bean factory has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Feb 20, 2020

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

mng posted:

Prince - Raspberry Beret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7vRSu_wsNc
I always heard raspberry parade too. "It was a raspberry parade"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

It’s Thirty Thieves and the Thunder Chief. Coming Summer 2021 from Dreamworks.

Congratulations, bub, you've joined the club
And everybody here agrees
We smoke the finest leaf, we've got a Thunder Chief
Welcome to the thirty thieves!!

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, same deal with everyone who thought the AC/DC song was "Dirty Deeds...THUNDER CHIEF!"

?

But misheard lyrics aren't rational, especially with so many songs have nonsense lyrics anyway.

Its actually a re-record of a heritage folk song from Scotland/Ireland/New Zealand/Your hillbilly neighbor county "Dirty deeds and they're done with sheep."

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

Its actually a re-record of a heritage folk song from Scotland/Ireland/New Zealand/Your hillbilly neighbor county "Dirty deeds and they're done with sheep."
There's a laundromat near us with a neon sign in their window: "Dirty Duds Done Dirt Cheap". :buddy:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

mng posted:

--
vv Cheers :)

Elliott Smith - Rose Parade

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I just realised that if dogs and cats could talk, they would unironically say "smell you later".

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Hyperlynx posted:

I just realised that if dogs and cats could talk, they would unironically say "smell you later".

:monocle:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
When I was a little kid I was particularly bad at parsing music, especially in the grocery store. For years I thought "These Dreams" was "Cheese Please"

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

:3:

I used to think “Foolish Heart” was Food Is Hard, and “Even a Fool Can See” was Even the Food Can See. Maybe that says something about me, iunno

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

:3:

I used to think “Foolish Heart” was Food Is Hard, and “Even a Fool Can See” was Even the Food Can See. Maybe that says something about me, iunno

I feel like you would enjoy the works of Mr. Albert Yankovic

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Failed Imagineer posted:

I feel like you would enjoy the works of Mr. Albert Yankovic

:hmmyes:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Something I really can't believe I didn't realize sooner, and actually feel stupid about: The names of Ned Flanders' family, Maude, Rod and Todd, all rhyme with God.

After thirty years of the Simpsons, basically my entire life. Lately I have it on as background noise while doing stuff because it's on Disney+, and it randomly hit me.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Friend posted:

When people say they wipe standing up, do they mean standing up, or they lean forward and lift their butt up like a squat? And people who sit, do they just reach their hand through the gap in their legs (butt crack??) and hope they don't touch the water?

I need diagrams.

Seated and squatting are bones of contention. It runs about 50/50. Neither side understands how the other does it that way.

Me? I do a half squat above the seat. Meaning just enough to take the front of my thighs off the seat. Lean forward , and then polish the old brown eye well. You are still well over the bowl. I think it gives a better spread of the cheeks. I just don't get the seated way. Seems you can't develop enough power if you're seated.

I've tried a bidet a couple times. I just think the duck walk thing to get to the bidet is weird. I would like to try one of those Toto seats that has integrated sprayers and such. That could be nice.

I also have known a dude that refused to wipe his rear end. He would only take poo poo when he was at home right by the shower. Duck walk to the shower while spreading his cheeks. Not sure why he thought that heeling down the cling-ons was a better idea, but that's what he did.

That man is a father now. Think about that. I feel sorry for his wife that had to deal with all the baby poo poo clean up.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mostlygray posted:

I've tried a bidet a couple times. I just think the duck walk thing to get to the bidet is weird. I would like to try one of those Toto seats that has integrated sprayers and such. That could be nice.

:stare: I completely forgot that there are bidets not collocated with the toilet. Now I'm just gonna imagine the squatty poopwalk every time someone busts in with a :smug: the bidet is God's own method of cleaning your rear end

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I once knew someone who couldn't stand the smell of farts/poo. Someone would fart or he'd catch a whiff, and he'd literally dash for the nearest exit actually gagging. His girlfriend told me that included the smell of his own, so taking a poo poo was always a horrible ordeal for him.

He's a father now too.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
The song 'taco land' by the dead milkmen is about the same bar as 'macho man from taco land' by Gary P. Nunn, which I thought was a racist song about a guy from Mexico at first

(Taco Land was a badass dive bar in San Antonio that hosted country, punk, and rock that served 10 cent tacos)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

RIP Taco Land. That place fuckin ruled