Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress you

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gently caress you

lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

gently caress you

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

gently caress you

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

gently caress you

nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gently caress you

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

gently caress you

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

FF6 is more or less my favorite game of all time. I tried playing the phone port (which is the same as the Steam port) and I hated it.

Then later on the same day I tried it on my nvidia shield portable, which is basically an android device with a fold-down screen and an xbox 360 gamepad built in, and I enjoyed it way more. so I think it was playing without a gamepad that was really bothering me

the only thing that sucks about it is the character sprites look pretty goofy. they look like something you'd see in RPG maker. the re-drawn enemy graphics are decent, as are the mode 7 graphics and some other stuff.

i find the GBA translation the best, and a tie between the android/mobile port and the snes one. the snes one has a lot of quirks I like, but the more updated translations make things a lot clearer and are easier to follow the plot with. i personally hate fan translations (unless it's something like where someone takes the GBA translation and hacks it into the SNES ROM, which no one has done yet for FF6)

but anyway if PC is absolutely your only option i'd probably say just download the original SNES ROM and an emulator, even if it contradicts a lot of what i just said. I would say the GBA one but even with the snes audio hack it still sounds like poo poo and the resolution is a lot lower which might turn you off to the game

it's not a good game anymore

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Milkman posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Milkman posted:

Lol

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Played some 15 last night, including some COMRADES dlc which does not have active servers.

In a way, being forced to use AI teammates makes it a better overall experience since you’re not forced to wait 3 minutes for matchmaking to fail before giving you AI teammates.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i played it with friends a little and there was still 3 minute load times even with a premade party

its fun and cool but no one wants to put up with that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i dunno if comrades was busted on PC from the start but I think I got matched with people maybe twice. I wanted to get to the end for cool poo poo like chocobo breeding and the baphomet fight but I couldn't be bothered grinding

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thinking about Dino, the reporter who sat on a dock all game asking you to find precious gems

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Thinking about Dino, the reporter who sat on a dock all game asking you to find precious gems
This is just a thing Italians do.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
should i play "Vagrant Story" or is just one of those games people like to write posts about

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
vagrant story is good, but read a guide for block puzzles if you get stuck, and get used to going into menus and changing your weapons if you're whiffing at enemies. enjoy the underbutt

"It's Good"

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

vagrant story rules. don't use any guides, that's fail, just be willing to experiment and adjust your builds and you'll have fun

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

it's good, and people do like to write posts about it

https://twitter.com/dreamboum/status/1226610123000467457?s=20

quoting game dev twitter is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked it when I played some of it on vita but I never finished it bc it was really slow. Maybe play on an emulator with speed up

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I would love a shortcut to equipping/unequipping weapons. Maybe there's a mod that'll speed up animations. I think they're pretty to look at for it's time

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 220 days!

IdealFlaws posted:

I would love a shortcut to equipping/unequipping weapons. Maybe there's a mod that'll speed up animations. I think they're pretty to look at for it's time

it really needed a ring menu like secret of mana

it doesn't really play much like dark souls, but was a huge influence on it

since you're asking about playing it i'll spoiler this, but the ending is basically the hobocop thought from de

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's important to play vagrant story to get a proper understanding of gaming artistic history

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this design principle checks out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I tried VS a couple years ago and I really wanted to like it but it was very slow moving. I might try again after reading a little about how to play properly though, once I get through DQXI. I’m nowhere near as hardcore as a lot of you guys also.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was moving some of my game storage around today and saw this sick burn on Final Fantasy on the back of the box for Eternal Ring.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what does that mean.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It means the Final Fantasy devs are sweating bullets.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

• ENHANCED POLYGON GRAPHICS OF GIANT DRAGONS

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

• ENHANCED POLYGON GRAPHICS OF GIANT DRAGONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_tRFwiibIc&t=60s

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

just saw this smiley: :jecht:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

the ff7 remake demo is out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frenz posted:

the ff7 remake demo is out

i can't find it help me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

for anybody else having problems it's not searchable in the store you have to go to a direct link 👉 https://store.playstation.com/en-us/home/STORE-MSF77008-MOBWELOMGAMEONLY#!/cid=UP0082-CUSA07237_00-FFVIIREMAKETRIAL

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had to stop playing right before the mako reactor boss because I was getting too into it and didn't want to be sad when the demo ended. This game is gonna be GOTY.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Cloud only Smash hype tonight???

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

That demo is sick and this game is going to own. Are they still planning on doing an episodic release?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wanna play but today is the one day this week I’m not working from home. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The demo owned