Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

The crowd is sure as gently caress getting their money's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I have never failed to be happy when Juggs randomly appear in my life.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Oh, gently caress

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
wtf i love big angel now

Also Juggs just never stop making things worse for everyone else, doesn't he? Audience must be a little confused at this "final duel" that keep getting more people involved instead of wrapping things up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Honestly, at this point, I'd be the one dumbass in the crowd who runs the gently caress away now. No good can come of a third angel showing up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ah, yesh, the obligatory one good cop on the force who's about to get iced for pathos.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

huh I guess I misjudged old fart after all.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Where the gently caress was this dude a couple dozen pages ago? Could have avoided all of this if someone would just have talked to White Chain.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Who What Now posted:

Where the gently caress was this dude a couple dozen pages ago? Could have avoided all of this if someone would just have talked to White Chain.

He literally was about to, but then Alicio showed up, sidelined him, then the fight happened.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
lmao we're all gonna be upset because 6 Juggs is gonna bite it

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PMush Perfect posted:

Ah, yesh, the obligatory one good cop on the force who's about to get iced for pathos.

He's only 3 days away from retirement, how much trouble could he possibly get in?

Rhaka posted:

The crowd is sure as gently caress getting their money's worth.

Easily the best pay per view since Cell in a Hell last year. So glad Solomon brought Gog Agog in to do the booking with Gog Agog. Gog Agog was starting to run out of ideas.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Can you imagine being the dude who left the arena early after Allicio showed up because you figured that the tournament was pretty much called and wanted to beat the traffic

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Can you imagine being the dude who left the arena early after Allicio showed up because you figured that the tournament was pretty much called and wanted to beat the traffic

allison, being a native angeleno, can appreciate and respect the tradition of leaving in the seventh inning

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm almost certain the chufty angel is 10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon now. He was the most sympathetic towards White Chain when they visited the void back in the day, and the design of the helmet matches his halo eye pretty well.

Also, the text color is exactly the same as his last appearance.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Imagine being the dude who left the arena early after Allicio showed up to avoid the imminent single double triple nuclear explosions leveling the place. You'd be seeing the spear fly out of the top of the dome and floor it out of the parking lot

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

It's gonna be a page of Kill Six Billion Demons.

Hey you were right! Also, gently caress.

The under text makes me think that leaving her father's made Prim a thoughtful kind of royal badass. I'd really appreciate the side story where she and Aesma become buds and commit a crime spree/road trip.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Begemot posted:

I'm almost certain the chufty angel is 10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon now. He was the most sympathetic towards White Chain when they visited the void back in the day, and the design of the helmet matches his halo eye pretty well.

Oh good catch on the eye, and I like that this is apparently his redemption story, as he's realized he was wrong and White Chain deserved more support.
I remain sad that he's going to eat it within ten pages.

e: Oh, my mistake, for some reason I thought 10 Vigilant Gaze was the one who was a jerk to White Chain about 'spend some time in the void, it will fix you up' - he was more supportive. Though not very effectual.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 19, 2020

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
*Glass shatters*

:bahgawd:: Bah gawd it's Six Juggernaut Star!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Am I a horrible person for being relieved at the sight of 6 Juggernaught entering to ruin what was looking like a touching moment of revelation and friendship?

Felt like things were going too smoothly there.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
6 Juggernaught Star, don't sign your posts.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Allision, put Cio back on and then shank Juggs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Coughy said 'siblings' instead of 'brothers'. :3:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Coughy said 'siblings' instead of 'brothers'. :3:
:unsmith:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I think I forgot who this guy actually is and why he's even here. He was following white chain for some reason I think?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Renaissance Robot posted:

I think I forgot who this guy actually is and why he's even here. He was following white chain for some reason I think?

What, 6 Juggernaut Star? He is there to make sure that White Chain delivers the key to the heir at the behest of the Thorn Knights, and thus Metatron. I believe this intervention happened because he believes White Chain is about to act in dereliction of that command.

If you mean the coughing angel, clearly he is opposed to the Thorn Knights, and warning White Chain off their path. He was probably the angel with the cowlike body who was there when White Chain was forced into the void by her fellow angels. If so, he was also there when Juggs went and brought White Chain before Metatron, and after she came back to tell the tale, freaked out, ripped off her face, and decided to make common cause with the thorns. He cared enough to come back to Throne to do something about it.

Mr. Lobe fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 19, 2020

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Joe Slowboat posted:

Oh good catch on the eye, and I like that this is apparently his redemption story, as he's realized he was wrong and White Chain deserved more support.
I remain sad that he's going to eat it within ten pages.

e: Oh, my mistake, for some reason I thought 10 Vigilant Gaze was the one who was a jerk to White Chain about 'spend some time in the void, it will fix you up' - he was more supportive. Though not very effectual.

the alt-text when he was introduced also made a point of saying he was extraordinarily powerful, even by angel standards, so if Juggs thinks he's going to get a quick gank off this guy then he may be in for a surprise

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Looking back at those old panels when we first saw White Chain in the void, you can see back then she didn't have hands in her astral form, her arms ended in an eye and feathers. So in the one year since she's been hanging out with and training Allison she's become even more human than she was.

I also like that this angel woke up an old dusty body for the singular purpose of tracking down White Chain, following her to a cosmic tournament and beat up a bunch of people just to remind her what the comb is for.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Demiurge4 posted:

I also like that this angel woke up an old dusty body for the singular purpose of tracking down White Chain, following her to a cosmic tournament and beat up a bunch of people just to remind her what the comb is for.

Extremely on point given the story we just heard about angels.

27 You Didn't Pack Your Lunch and Shouldn't Be Out Here Without Your Coat, It's Cold strikes again

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Demiurge4 posted:

Looking back at those old panels when we first saw White Chain in the void, you can see back then she didn't have hands in her astral form, her arms ended in an eye and feathers. So in the one year since she's been hanging out with and training Allison she's become even more human than she was.

Did he actually beat anybody up?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Literally said it on this page.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am kind of curious as to what 10 Vigilant Gaze considers 'a few ruffians'. I can't imagine any random dudes saying 'hey, I know who looks like a good mark, this 10 foot tall angel built like a battering ram'.

Garbage Can Grandpa is a pretty cool dude, I really love the design he has, hoping we get a moment where he throws off that cape in serious anime style.

And I guess this answers the question of how that hole affects White Chain, and the answer is apparently 'less than you might think'. I expected her to be leaking angel fire like an unstable reactor.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Ashcans posted:

I am kind of curious as to what 10 Vigilant Gaze considers 'a few ruffians'. I can't imagine any random dudes saying 'hey, I know who looks like a good mark, this 10 foot tall angel built like a battering ram'.

Garbage Can Grandpa is a pretty cool dude, I really love the design he has, hoping we get a moment where he throws off that cape in serious anime style.

And I guess this answers the question of how that hole affects White Chain, and the answer is apparently 'less than you might think'. I expected her to be leaking angel fire like an unstable reactor.

The red city is such a terrible place that it's probably rather difficult to go about your day without busting the heads of a few ne'er-do-wells when going about your business as a God cop.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ashcans posted:

hoping we get a moment where he throws off that cape in serious anime style.

i have faith that operant understands that anyone in a giant cloak must inevitably throw it off dramatically

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Begemot posted:

i was going nuts for the past few minutes because i could've sworn i posted this last night but lo and behold i apparently put it over in the red letter media thread

Cowcaster posted:

what's the over/under on old guy being vigilant gaze watches the horizon

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

87 Back In My Day

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

This guy looks a lot more like the Prime Angel shells than anyone else we've seen in the series so far. It would say a lot about how strong he is if he still had his original, god-forged body.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

ThingOne posted:

This guy looks a lot more like the Prime Angel shells than anyone else we've seen in the series so far. It would say a lot about how strong he is if he still had his original, god-forged body.

I really like the idea that this is Vigilant Gaze. Here's the alt text when he was introduced:

quote:

The watcher's name is 10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon. Though among the most powerful angels, he is well known to his kin for being mild-mannered and extremely long winded. He has far too much free time.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I really like the idea that this is Vigilant Gaze. Here's the alt text when he was introduced:

Comb?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

paranoid randroid posted:

allison, being a native angeleno, can appreciate and respect the tradition of leaving in the seventh inning

hahaha

Don't get folks saying they misjudged the big angel, seemed this was what he was saying before he was so rudely interrupted but Prim says suffer the interruptions from humans their lives are so short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Looks like a broken chain to me.

Bilirubin posted:

Don't get folks saying they misjudged the big angel, seemed this was what he was saying before he was so rudely interrupted but Prim says suffer the interruptions from humans their lives are so short

Same. He tried to stop the fight, Allicio sidelined him, and then he decided to watch instead of getting involved.