Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wish I could just search by what I have but oh well, such is the game freak calculus - bugs will never be fixed but also neither will exploits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

The gist of it is that TPC told them not to.

Uh...why??

edit: You brits need to fan dub this thing stat

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow I thought I was a lot farther along on my national dex but after transferring everything from Bank apparently I only have ~625 species. that's a lot of work left to do

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Flopsy posted:

Uh...why??

Needs the Teesside Tintin treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVVOdEgmg4o

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

It's a different dubbing company, said company (i legit forget who they are, but the director posted on twitter about the process a bit when some people were complaining that they didn't give everyone british accents) has basically handled all english pokemon dubbing outside of the main anime for the past three to five years. And they're based in LA where pretty much ever voice actor is vs the current company that's based in NYC.

It's also raising some eyebrows how we haven't gotten a dub preview for the current anime when the Sun and Moon dub is ending in a month, so people are speculating that the dub is going to be shifted to the people who handle the Twilight Wings dub.

Works for me, I kind of like these guys better anyway. It is sort of weird that this takes place in Poke UK but everyone sounds like Americans but the actors are decent and the translation itself seems a lot more professional than normal (from what I can tell it's basically the Japanese script verbatim with some phrases altered a bit to make sense in English).

Out of curiosity though, why are the episodes so short?

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Further to my ditto disappearing in ultra moon I'm now reasonably sure the entire box they were in has vanished as I cant seem to find my pokemon I used specifically for chaining/shiny hunting either and I'm pretty sure they were stored together.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
So I haven't played since Gold on the GBC, seems like I've missed a fair few event and mythical mons. How am I supposed to get them for the national Dex?

Mustafa fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 19, 2020

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Galar Dub probably doesn't have accents because A) it's probably not easy to find a whole cast that can do convincing accents and B) lovely 90s dubs were full of bad accents which has given dubbed accents a bad rep.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So I’m back in the ultra wormhole bullshit and... I’m still really bad at this poo poo. I am using the stick controls but I can’t reliably get past 3000LY.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Feb 19, 2020

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

When I see people talk about the villain plot of swsh I remember the fake leak that said the plot was that Rose was illegally doping Leon's Charizard without his knowledge and there's a big scandal.

Then I remember the Black/White leak that claimed N was secretly an angel lmao

In conclusion, fake leaks are a land of contrasts

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sw/Sh’s plot should have mirrored what happened with ManCity.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Flopsy posted:

Uh...why??

Because TPC really wants to downplay any cultural differences in the games and especially the anime to make things as universal as possible for global consumption. Don’t want to risk losing sales by exposing people to real world themed culture, after all.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sw/Sh’s plot should have mirrored what happened with ManCity.

Who knows, maybe that's the real reason why Galar haven't been showing up in other leagues

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm kinda curious, what are the rarest non-legendary Pokemon?

I'm looking at something like a Glameow/Purugly where it's only showed up in Pearl and OR/AS

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Apparently I never finished playing Black. I moved what pokemon I did have over to Home. Should I start Black over or just play the copy of White 2 I have?

I guess my mons are either in Heart Gold or Platinum.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm looking at something like a Glameow/Purugly where it's only showed up in Pearl and OR/AS

Absolutely Glameow/Purugly. It only appears in two extremely uninteresting late-game routes in Pearl, far after you'd care to want to catch one (with only 15-20% encounter rates too! Not to mention alongside much more interesting 'mons), and as a 30% encounter in one single Mirage Forest in ORAS. Wowee.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I picked up shield and I could have sworn that pokemon healed on level up, but they don't do that anymore?? :mad:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don’t think that has ever been the case?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

pokemon used to heal anytime they were sent to the pc but I can never recall them healing on level-up, ever

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Pokémon (used to?) gain whatever HP they get on a level up, which means you could use rare candies as emergency revives. Maybe that's what you're thinking of? Fully healing on a level up has never been a pokémon thing.

Iron Crowned posted:

It's definitely the Glameow line, but I've always been puzzled by the availability of Houndour. It was introduced in Gen II, but it has only been available before the post-game in Platinum and X.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CYBEReris posted:

pokemon used to heal anytime they were sent to the pc but I can never recall them healing on level-up, ever

I don't recall a full heal on level either. I know they removed heal on PC with the introduction of PC anywhere.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Procrastine posted:

When I see people talk about the villain plot of swsh I remember the fake leak that said the plot was that Rose was illegally doping Leon's Charizard without his knowledge and there's a big scandal.

Then I remember the Black/White leak that claimed N was secretly an angel lmao

In conclusion, fake leaks are a land of contrasts

Both of those would have been better than what we got

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mustafa posted:

So I haven't played since Gold on the GBC, seems like I've missed a fair few event and mythical mons. How am I supposed to get them for the national Dex?

honestly you're kinda SOL especially since you can't trade mythicals on Home (yet?). Your best bet would probably be to get hacked ones on eBay or something, people aren't really spreading around extra mythicals. I've been looking for a Volcanion for like a year

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Urgh, the Home trading ban on mythicals is really making me frustrated, because there's a bunch I just straight-up won't be able to acquire, short of buying some old games for the 3DS and grinding through them.

...what's the minimum number of games I'd have to buy to get all the mythicals? I've got X, Sun, and Shield and that's it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

there's a bunch of mythicals you can't catch and we're only distributed through events

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

indigi posted:

there's a bunch of mythicals you can't catch and we're only distributed through events

...what are the odds we'll get similar events in Sword/Shield?

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Bobulus posted:

Urgh, the Home trading ban on mythicals is really making me frustrated, because there's a bunch I just straight-up won't be able to acquire, short of buying some old games for the 3DS and grinding through them.

...what's the minimum number of games I'd have to buy to get all the mythicals? I've got X, Sun, and Shield and that's it.

The definition of Mythical entails not being catchable in-game without an event triggered by real life, so with X, Sun, and Shield at the moment you will get 0. Shield mythical will likely be coming out in July with the expansion or something.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Bobulus posted:

Most of them aren't even programmed into the game right now. I imagine some more will probably get patched in when the expansion releases, but I doubt it'll be literally every single mythical.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, the only Mythical they've ever made available in-game was Deoxys in ORAS.

And there are a few ever-green ways to get some of them.

Meltan/Melmetal can only be obtained by doing a bunch of poo poo in Pokemon Go!
My Pokemon Ranch, a Wii version of Bank/Home, gave you a Mew if you deposited 1000 Pokemon. Unfortunately if you don't already have it its impossible to buy now as the Wii Shop is closed.
The Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc can get you Jirachi
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almaria can generate Manaphy... once per cart so there are probably almost none left in the world.

Otherwise all of them are exclusively available through time limited events.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Are the mythicals all required to complete the national dex in Home? I realized I'm missing 1 (the music note thing), and that kind of kills my desire to work to fill up the rest of the dex.

Also, why in the hell did Nintendo not add a pokemon breeder part to Home? They could have easily tied getting an egg/hatching the egg to using your phone as a pedometer. I'm partially just frustrated because I accidentally transferred *all* of my pokemon from Bank so now I can't breed more starters (from any gen other than 1 and 8) to trade.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Zore posted:

My Pokemon Ranch, a Wii version of Bank/Home, gave you a Mew if you deposited 1000 Pokemon. Unfortunately if you don't already have it its impossible to buy now as the Wii Shop is closed.
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almaria can generate Manaphy... once per cart so there are probably almost none left in the world.

To add to this, it looks like the virtual console version of Crystal has a means of catching Celebi. But I don't think I'm yet that desperate to buy a whole full price game for one drat pokemon.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Because TPC really wants to downplay any cultural differences in the games and especially the anime to make things as universal as possible for global consumption. Don’t want to risk losing sales by exposing people to real world themed culture, after all.

So all english speakers are americans?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm running on the hope that the move to Switch marks a new start and over the next generation or two we see all the previous pokemon brought over in some form catchable in the new ones, like how OR/AS acted as a one stop shop for lots of the pre-S/M ones

the real wild card is gonna be how and if they make Go accessible to Home, that's got a seriously weird rarity ecosystem and a lot of legendaries and mythicals are gonna be trading for version exclusives

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Zore posted:

evergreen until they kill the bank servers, anyway

they'll do future events for all the mythicals i imagine

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

the real wild card is gonna be how and if they make Go accessible to Home, that's got a seriously weird rarity ecosystem and a lot of legendaries and mythicals are gonna be trading for version exclusives

Well, the mythicals in Go can't be traded, and Go's version of Mew can't be transferred to Let's Go, so I'd be surprised if you could transfer them to Home. But, yeah, I've got a bunch of the legendaries in Go that I'm hoping I can cash in.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

am I gonna have to buy Lets Go so I can get a loving meltan and melmetal

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
You get one Mew per Pokeball Plus.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

indigi posted:

am I gonna have to buy Lets Go so I can get a loving meltan and melmetal

see if you can check one of them out from your local library!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

see if you can check one of them out from your local library!

This. I got LG Eevee from the library just so I could get the Gmax Eevee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Bobulus posted:

It sounded like at least some mythicals would be coming along with the legendaries in that second expedition DLC