Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

watching in the mood for love cause im in the mood for love

That movie is great, though my favorite Wong Kar-wai film is probably Chungking Express. That movie is a goddamn trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dunno which my favorite is. chungking/happy together/fallen angels/itmfl take your pick i'd be fine

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol @ me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

frances ha was a good movie, better than a generic premise like “a young person fails to make it in New York” deserved to be

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I keep meaning to see Spring Breakers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I keep hearing it is genuinely good but the entire thing gives me a really skeevy vibe and I can't bring myself to watch it. I know that it is SUPPOSED to give me a skeevy vibe, but I guess it did TOO good a job at getting that across in all the promotional material because I just can't watch it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just watch it, old man!!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Its good j-ru

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought it was kinda good and kinda lovely. you should watch it if you're blown away by subversion. Tricky dicky

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

blown away? No. if you kind of dig it. i don't know why i framed that in kind of a patronizing manner. guess i suck rear end. A hunka hunka burning rear end

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watchced koyaanisqatsi which i'd never seen before. really "makes you think" :razzy: i'm deep in a sleep deprivation haze, but i'm glad for philip glass.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i saw philip glass live once, it was really cool. he was accompanying patti smith while she read allen ginsberg’s work

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

yea ok posted:

it was my birthday yesterday. i didnt say anything because i didnt want a bunch of people to say stuff like 'happy bday' or 'you were always my favorite poster'. i'm really humble in that way.

I hope you had a good day.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the lack of karate bugmen in your cinema is disturbing

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joke's on you - my birthday is in one Week. On next Wednesday for that matter. You know what that is going to mean.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yea ok posted:

lol @ me

I mean this sincerely yea ok, you are my favourite poster*

*non-Manflurry poster

Edit: watching Spring Breakers is vital to understanding Joey Janela, J-Ru

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

it was my birthday yesterday. i didnt say anything because i didnt want a bunch of people to say stuff like 'happy bday' or 'you were always my favorite poster'. i'm really humble in that way.

Happy birthday to my favorite and the most humble poster jape the ok shaman of cum

And happy early birthday Shard. Will you tell us the story behind your new name choice

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the only Harmony Korine movie I've seen was The Beach Bum and I fell asleep in the theater halfway through. I think this is very much in the spirit of the movie, though

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I have come into the possession of a large amount of cinnamon that will expire in a few months. I am unsure what I should use it for

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Midsommar is my most watched film, I think

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

extradite THIS! posted:

I have come into the possession of a large amount of cinnamon that will expire in a few months. I am unsure what I should use it for

It doesn't actually spoil, just lose potency overtime. So I would say just continue to use it at your leisure.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

It doesn't actually spoil, just lose potency overtime. So I would say just continue to use it at your leisure.

Yeah, I just very rarely cook/bake anything with cinnamon (not because I don’t like it!) so I worry I’ll just forget about it and eventually throw it away

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

extradite THIS! posted:

Smoke it and rob a convenience store. You won’t make it past the living room but you’ll definitely have an experience.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shard posted:

Joke's on you - my birthday is in one Week. On next Wednesday for that matter. You know what that is going to mean.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

*blush*

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I resigned from my job today.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i actually just rewatched chungking express over the weekend and now i have many things stuck in my head

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I found a recipe for a cake with a couple of tablespoons of cinnamon in it. Gonna try that this weekend and if it’s good I’ll start industrial-scale production of them because I have, like, 100 g of cinnamon

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Punch McLightning posted:

Hell yeah gently caress those bastards.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

Sorry you were ousted for your rightful opposition to witholding aid to Ukraine.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Oh poo poo I missed Punch McLightning resigning. Good on you that you had the balls to make the decision, it sounded like the job wasn’t making you happy. I wish you luck in your future endeavors

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

extradite THIS! posted:

eat it all and lead the universe on the Golden Path for 3500 years as the God Emperor

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I have decided that I will never again cook chicken without brining it first. The difference is amazing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spatchcock and brine bitch

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i like when faye wong looks at the fan, and when she sings the holy poo poo piss song

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Would it help sell Spring Breakers if you knew Jeff Jarrett was in it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Played A Fake Artist with some work buddies after hours and it’s the most fun party game I’ve ever played. It’s awesome.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Watch Spring Breakers, Jerusalem

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

There are only four pieces of media worth consuming.

Masterpieces of poo poo cinema https://boxd.it/1R3eQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hbd Shaman Of Cum, luv u