Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Algae farming was good enough for the Aztecs so it's good enough for us!

TBF, it's not a complete protein so you'll have to supplement your diet with human hearts. Still, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shaocaholica posted:

This is why future wars are going to be fought with robots.
i am devising a virus that gives robots diarrhoea

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

How long will she be sick?

E I gotta go to bed

take her on the boat, build a shrine to nurgle, and start coughing at the bingo tables

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

hallelujah posted:

i am devising a virus that gives robots diarrhoea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_virus

http://www.madore.org/~david/computers/quine.html

self replicant program posted:

main(){char *s="main(){char *s=%c%s%c;printf(s,34,s,34,10);}%c";printf(s,34,s,34,10);}

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 19, 2020

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Neophyte posted:

Algae farming was good enough for the Aztecs so it's good enough for us!

TBF, it's not a complete protein so you'll have to supplement your diet with human hearts. Still, though.

That's a win-win

Those Aztecs really knew how to live, right up until they didn't

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019
Would now be a good time to point out Japan just ended the cruise ship quarantine? They decided it was all good and brought them all ashore

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

quote:

"How long is it going to take to get all those results back? Because I've got an engagement on the 20th of February," he told KOMO News, adding he speaks on suicide prevention and wouldn't get paid if he didn't make it.

Somehow I'm guessing that speaking engagement couldn't be more cancelled if a radioactive comet had hit the convention center.

Can't kill themselves if they're already dead from coronavirus.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Doomtalker posted:

Would now be a good time to point out Japan just ended the cruise ship quarantine? They decided it was all good and brought them all ashore

I have more domestic travel planned for next month and catching this in some US international airport seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, especially with assholes like that Seatac dipshit deliberately breaking quarantine

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

QuarkJets posted:

I have more domestic travel planned for next month and catching this in some US international airport seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, especially with assholes like that Seatac dipshit deliberately breaking quarantine

The safest travel plan for you in March is hiking the AT.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

stephenthinkpad posted:

The safest travel plan for you in March is hiking the AT.

Lol, I mean enjoy your Lyme disease, Rabies, ​Hantaviruses and Noroviruses!

I mean at this point we might as well just admit the virus have won and try suing for peace.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Burt Sexual posted:

Mrs sexual just went to the doctor today. She has a flu. Not A or B so they couldn’t identify it I guess. Wtf

It's either A or B or neither, who's the moron at her doctor that can't see if a red test line is present or not

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

a mysterious cloak posted:

It's either A or B or neither, who's the moron at her doctor that can't see if a red test line is present or not

Idk I’m not a doctor. Does corona show up as a or b?

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

Idk I’m not a doctor. Does corona show up as a or b?

Neither, coronavirus isn't a flu virus. There is a type C flu virus but it's not very common, we don't test for it in the lab I work in. She probably has a flu like illness, maybe parainfluenza or something.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fatigued posted:

Neither, coronavirus isn't a flu virus. There is a type C flu virus but it's not very common, we don't test for it in the lab I work in. She probably has a flu like illness, maybe parainfluenza or something.

That was the word, she said p para something. Bad? She’s up today working at home so I guess not.

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

That was the word, she said p para something. Bad? She’s up today working at home so I guess not.

I think it's mostly dangerous for immunocompromised people and young children, otherwise probably similar to the flu. Not a doctor so I don't know too much about the symptoms/risks of it.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Burt Sexual posted:

A quick skim of wikipedia suggests parainfluenza is a significant concern in children under 5 and elderly people with certain pre-existing health conditions, but it looks more annoying than dangerous in healthy, non-elderly adults. Obligatory: I am not a health care provider.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
guys, there's a tickle in my throat and my whole life is flashing before my eyes

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Play posted:

guys, there's a tickle in my throat and my whole life is flashing before my eyes

usually I just back up a little bit.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Play posted:

My circumstances are a bit different imo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Burt Sexual posted:

My circumstances are a bit different imo

you don't understand im DIEING

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Play posted:

you don't understand im DIEING

the only thing dieing here is my patience for YOU mister now go drink juice, run around for a bit and avoid pangolins you absolute crisp

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Have you guys heard of elderberry? It'll cure you as well as make your dick hard.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Have you guys heard of elderberry? It'll cure you as well as make your dick hard.

Cyanide will do that. Don't eat too much.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm fond of heating a mug of whiskey, honey, and lemon juice. Works better than elderberry and if it doesn't then I'm at least sauced.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
poo poo. This is much more serious than I ever expected.

https://mobile.twitter.com/verge/status/1230199162618228736

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/russian_market/status/1230259911315087361

Yesterday they were reporting 1500+ new cases in this province. They messed with the definition of confirmed case again and made the number useless.

The number of deaths/day has been stable for like a week

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:awesome:
If you combine it with echinacea you will literally live forever.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is there a chart that treat confimed and suspected as the same and add them together?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Imagine being one of the 1000+ chad recovered that have covid-19 antibodies.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

drat, I made my own elderflower syrup every June/July and just drank it myself, when I could have sold that organic boner juice for a premium...

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
And did it give you a boner?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if you made the elderberries into a preserve you could sell it as premium boner jam

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Geez guys, if elderberries are threatened with extinction in the next year or two, I know which forum to blame

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

numberoneposter posted:

if you made the elderberries into a preserve you could sell it as premium boner jam

I've been preserved by this post.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

It begins

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1230321260204306437

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Reportedly older passengers who had been on the hospital for over a week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/19/world/asia/china-coronavirus.html

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

So given the fountain of poo poo posting in this thread, would you say the virus is maybe a half nothingbirger right now with a side of economic collapse?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
not sure anyone knows.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

UnknownTarget posted:

So given the fountain of poo poo posting in this thread, would you say the virus is maybe a half nothingbirger right now with a side of economic collapse?
I wouldn't call it a nothingburger since a large proportion of China is under lockdown at the moment. China hasn't had negative economic growth in a long time and considering how questionable the numbers come out of there I don't think they can say ''6% GDP growth this year'' no matter how hard they fudge the numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Budzilla posted:

I wouldn't call it a nothingburger since a large proportion of China is under lockdown at the moment. China hasn't had negative economic growth in a long time and considering how questionable the numbers come out of there I don't think they can say ''6% GDP growth this year'' no matter how hard they fudge the numbers.

They've been making up GDP numbers out of thin air for decades. They can do whatever they want with it. It's just even less plausible than usual.