Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love when these people shake in their boots about Parv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

god. this just..... pure wifom

absolutely beautiful.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ben is just a goddamn doofus.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

drat, Rob really is the Godfather

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Rob tanked the challenge and still mindfucked his tribe into emptying their bags, dang.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love those blue bags! Never noticed those before.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

god. this just..... pure wifom

absolutely beautiful.

i reiterate. this tribal is a beautiful clusterfuck

is it always this hilarious? like, in other seasons?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's often hilarious. Tribals are always where poo poo hits the fan.

This one has my palms sweatin though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ok good, I can live with this. She totally invented her own target on her back, she would have been 100% safe if not for her Ben conversation. Like, if it had been just Ethan, he coulda told the old folks she's tweakin and they'd have assured her.

Hope you stick around, Chic! This thread tricked me into binging all of the seasons from the first forward last year and I don't regret it. It's like a trip through culture history.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Pony: Danni

Poison: Ben

I remember Danni playing a really smart understated social game in Guatemala - she went from being in the minority at the merge (and a perceived pair with public enemy number one!) to somehow convincing the majority alliance to vote out not-particularly-likeable players over her. She really impressed me!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

rip u pmom

e: ok wow that teaser. tony. tony please.

i feel like i want him to stick around based on the shennanigans

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rob says dump your bags out on the ground, you dump your bag out on the ground. Even if you're all winners, don't cross the cult of Rob.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Your Pony felled by your Poison.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

It sort of bugs me the degree to which Rob is running this game. Get his rear end, someone. Anyone.

It’s great play but he doesn’t give great confessionals like Sandra.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

tbh when they talked about "but what if we pull a move" i honestly thought they'd be like "lets vote rob out"

still, its honestly amazing that he botched it to that degree, and faced. nothing

honestly that's some virtuoso poo poo

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Boxman posted:

It sort of bugs me the degree to which Rob is running this game. Get his rear end, someone. Anyone.

It’s great play but he doesn’t give great confessionals like Sandra.

Look, they can't just vote Rob out. What will Rob do to us if we vote him out?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Denise played that dumping bags nonsense wonderfully, and Adam did a fantastic job pulling the attention away from her.

Glad to see Danni leave because that hat is ugly AF.

I have watched most of these winners' seasons but barely remember any of them.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I need to rewatch that bag part, I didn't catch what Denise did. Adam has a bad poker face though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I get no one taking the shot at Rob. I'm not saying they shouldn't take the shot. Of course they should. But I get it. Parv and Ethan feel like they need him. Ben and Danni are a mess. Adam is naturally sketchy. Rob is very good. Taking a shot at him with such shaky numbers could just backfire so hard. And even with like Jeremy's quasi-idol players like Rob and Parv are good enough to do it without giving you any warning. You gotta make your move and you gotta do it before its too late but its really hard this early with no real trust with anyone.

Still, the bag thing is kind of embarrassing.

I'm kind of enjoying Ben just being a complete doofus. He's a fun contrast to the schemers and the panicked over thinkers. Ben's just out there being Ben. And it seems to scare the poo poo out of Rob. Which could be fun.

Tyson and Sophie realizing Tony has the mind of a child and won't come to senses he doesn't have was fun. Watching Yul, Wendell, and Kim desperately plead with Tony not to kill himself was funner. Sarah deciding "no, I can totally trust Tony this time" was funnest.

Khanstant posted:

Ok good, I can live with this. She totally invented her own target on her back, she would have been 100% safe if not for her Ben conversation. Like, if it had been just Ethan, he coulda told the old folks she's tweakin and they'd have assured her.
She probably would have been fine even after that since like they had the numbers to worry about and Rob seemed pretty zeroed in on Ben and Jeremy. When she targeted Parv to Rob that's when it was like "ok, can't use this idiot." And like... it was purely in her head. We didn't see one person giving her one thing to get spooked about. That was some Grade A self destruction from Danni.

Shneak posted:

I need to rewatch that bag part, I didn't catch what Denise did. Adam has a bad poker face though.

She had the idol in like the lip of the front cover of her bag and she just made sure to hold it there as she turned the bag over and stuff. It was pretty smooth.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 20, 2020

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
At least this version of extinction island has them competing against each other to find poo poo. Less likely they'll all get chummy with each other

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I haven't watched a season of Survivor in probably 8 years, but I'm really enjoying this season so far. I'm sure that will change for me because I believe any season with a version of Exile Island isn't as good as it could have been, and boy did they gimmick it up this season. I'm hoping for a super old schooler like Ethan to make it all the way. I also read that should he win, Yul is giving all of his winnings to an ALS charity in honor of Penner's wife so I'll be rooting for him too.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
With Rob, they also have to factor in the possibility of him coming back from the island. As much as I want him gone, I think it's smart to wait at least a few tribals and figure out how big of an impact the tokens have on the game in case he could use them in some form to come back, as well.

Shneak posted:

It was intentional. He didn't seem to have the idol on him, so even if they started calling him out and wanting to closely look at his stuff, nothing was going to happen. Meanwhile everyone is looking at him, so no one is looking at Denise.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Even though the edit hasn't necessarily shown it too much. It really does seem like Rob is playing the same game as he did in Redemption Island, but this time with all winners instead of mostly complete idiots. Somehow he is getting everyone stuck in the mob like mentality. Like people legit starting to think if they mention voting Rob out, they will end up being the ones on the chopping block.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Still having a hard time wrapping my head around all those previous winners being so easily manipulated by the known professional poker player in the group. If this keeps up I expect Rob to next demand everyone give him their fire tokens to hold on to...as a sign of trust and for the good of the tribe, of course.

When the tribes merge are the 1/2 idols interchangeable?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Everyone heaps poo poo on Rob’s win because of a supposed conspiracy to stack the deck with idiots and sheep.

If he wins this season it will be indisputable. He really is that good at the psychological game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Binary Logic posted:

When the tribes merge are the 1/2 idols interchangeable?

Both idols included the phrasing "this idol is unique", so probably not.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Historically, Rob is very good at getting on top and staying there, but if anything disrupts his game, it's lights out almost immediately. On HvV, an ally doing something stupid and getting themselves voted out was the beginning of the end for him, and Dani was an ally of his until she went crazy, so I guess we'll see.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I just think people don’t give Rob enough credit that he’s just a really good social player. He always has been. In Marquesas he had social control of his tribe until the swap screwed him. In All Stars he had tons of social capital that he burned leading to the Amber win. Rob just does a really good job at spreading himself around so that even people who don’t trust him don’t trust everyone else not to give them away if they try something against Rob. Jeremy, Adam, and I forget the third were like afraid to say “let’s vote out Parv” last night because they were all scared one of them would go repeat it.

Early on Rob’s game is just really powerful because there’s so much paranoia and so little trust. But it’s a hard game to keep up. Rob is good but everyone knows he is.

Also you gotta consider the fire tokens. Jeremy knows Natalie got voted out and he got an idol. So he’s gotta figure Rob has something from Amber.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I liked the dramatic music and evil eye when Rob confirmed Amber was voted out.

I really wish they had been able to talk CBS into giving them 90 minute episodes somehow

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

STAC Goat posted:

Jeremy, Adam, and I forget the third were like afraid to say “let’s vote out Parv” last night because they were all scared one of them would go repeat it.

it was Michele

STAC Goat posted:

Also you gotta consider the fire tokens. Jeremy knows Natalie got voted out and he got an idol. So he’s gotta figure Rob has something from Amber.

Jeremy just got it -- which is the only thing given out since Amber hit the island
if anything I think he should've been MORE proactive with the knowledge that Rob COULD get something good

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly the reason I enjoy watching Rob is because his emperor/mafia don style of play either blows up spectacularly or is bizarrely effective.

Like its still kind of crazy to me that for all of the times he's played, unless he makes the final 3 this season this will probably be the first time he sits on a jury.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

curiousCat posted:

Jeremy just got it -- which is the only thing given out since Amber hit the island
if anything I think he should've been MORE proactive with the knowledge that Rob COULD get something good

But he doesn't know it was the only thing given out (and it wasn't actually, was it? I thought Natalie gave someone else something else last week). It would be reasonable (I'd argue logical) for Jeremy to worry that if Natalie was able to give him a power that Amber was able to give Rob one. And Amber was voted out 3 days before Danni so there's no way for Jeremy to know Rob didn't get something in that time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A thing about Danni is that the other old timers did legitimately seem to not be including her in stuff - the trio of Rob/Parv/Ethan talking strategy this week also happened a bit last week that we saw. It wasn't wrong for her to surmise that she was on the bottom of that four, but going immediately nuclear in the way she did was whew.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The Rob v Sandra angle seems kinda forced but hopefully they''re both in the final 3

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pinterest Mom posted:

A thing about Danni is that the other old timers did legitimately seem to not be including her in stuff - the trio of Rob/Parv/Ethan talking strategy this week also happened a bit last week that we saw. It wasn't wrong for her to surmise that she was on the bottom of that four, but going immediately nuclear in the way she did was whew.

She might very well have been on the outs of the inner circle, but its like also possible she just was doing that to herself because she isn't a natural schemer and was being self conscious about inviting herself into conversations. Like that whole thing happens different if when she looking across the beach at Rob, Parv, and Ethan talking she just walks over and they're like "Yeah, we're talking Jeremy or Ben. What do you think?" But some players don't have that personality and the paranoia fucks with them.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yea, but of course she's going to be a bit on the outs of the main alliance. Of of the leaders of the alliance was her day 1 target.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It MIGHT have been a tactical error to tell Rob you wanted him out on like Day 2, to form an alliance with him and Parv on like Day 3, and to go to Rob on Day 6 and be like "lets vote out Parv."

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Love that Denise got an idol, but the fact she didn’t get many confessionals (Adam got more than her - and she found it?!) for it doesn’t bode well for her.
Also interesting is that Danni also gave Denise her token.

Boston Rob engineered that ‘bag check’ at tribal and that would have been terrifying for anyone with more than 1 token or an idol.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Tony's a treasure. I hope he can keep his shenanigans innocent for a while at least and not become a target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Give us the intro CBS :argh: