Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Lone Goat posted:

The point was that Hasbro were happy to put out a garbage program for years until their golden boy kicked up a fuss (when it personally inconvenienced him) . I don't actually blame Kibler himself for killing the payouts, but I guess that serves me right for trying to make light of the incident on a comedy website forum.

Maybe if your posts were at all funny they’d have been construed as jokes :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

neaden posted:

There is going to be legacy 40k in Saint Louis coming up: https://www.facebook.com/events/532268950733919/ There is not going to be any rake from admissions fees, judges are getting paid, flying our content creators, and all in all looks like a model for running a community event. Tickets will go on sale on Friday.

Edit: and there will be loaner decks available https://twitter.com/MissouriMTG/status/1230233034676416513?s=20

Anyone else want in on this? It's local to me and Jeremy is a class act and nice dude and I would like to support this good and cool thing. I would be down for some goon games and could probably un gently caress my legacy game before this rolls around fingers crossed

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

How competitive is that mono-black devotion deck that's floating around Standard now? Purely for nostalgia reasons I always end up popping back into MtG when mono-black is actually good, and the lists I've seen look pretty cheap too, which is nice.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

How competitive is that mono-black devotion deck that's floating around Standard now? Purely for nostalgia reasons I always end up popping back into MtG when mono-black is actually good, and the lists I've seen look pretty cheap too, which is nice.

It was played a lot right when THB came out, but turned out to be not the best. Its probably tier 2, can still beat some stuff especially if you play maindeck Agonizing Remorse and get a good discard

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

On Arena it has given me some pretty solid wins. Probably Tier 2 IDK I'm not a Magic Scientist. But it is fun and easy to pilot.

The interaction among Gary, Lady Lochtwain, and Nightmare Shepard is just :discourse: If you can curve that way unanswered, you are having a good time, playing magic.

Save some removal for Hushbringer, the enemy of your fun.

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Does anyone have the hilarious 90s video where dudebros on a boardwalk are playing mtg and its incredibly hip with the teens

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
If you think about it a box of boosters only costs about a quarter per day for the year, way less if you stretch it out over 60 months

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The worst submarine posted:

Does anyone have the hilarious 90s video where dudebros on a boardwalk are playing mtg and its incredibly hip with the teens

I wish I could back in time to before I watched this to warn myself

https://youtu.be/D6uPN30plvM

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Devor posted:

gratzi

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Devor posted:

wow

Thank you both for this

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Owlbear Camus posted:

"Vital" may have been mild hyperbole but it's really good to see people that passionate about it and makes events more fun, lively, and uh... vital (definition 2). :shrug:

Three ladies dressed up as planeswalkers were super nice to my little girl at MagicFest and gave her a booster. :3:

three adults dressed as a planeswalker? vincent planeswalkerwoman???

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlternateNu posted:

I thank the stars every day for being the most uninteresting person in the world medically speaking. Outside a mild astigmatism in both eyes, I have pretty much zero medical history and no allergies or dietary restrictions.

I don’t know how you people handle that poo poo.

Same, but as a consequence I can't swallow pills; I've never had to. Sucks when I get a cold or whatever goes around the office in winter :(

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
A sports psychologist who was published on CFB multiple times is apparently a fraud https://twitter.com/CorriganAbe/status/1230255368686776321?s=20

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“The thing with, uh, Sports, and, uh, psychology is that, uh, like, you need to want to win, but you also have to, like, get ready to lose, you know what I’m sayin’”

“Yeah this guy is a valuable asset to our international team of competitive gamers.”

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

neaden posted:

A sports psychologist who was published on CFB multiple times is apparently a fraud https://twitter.com/CorriganAbe/status/1230255368686776321?s=20

Magic twitter is the best.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

First infidelity and now this? LSVs got some 'splanin to do!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Paul Zuvella posted:

First infidelity and now this? LSVs got some 'splanin to do!

it wasnt infidelity, she made eye contact with him and he understood she was just passing priority

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

rabidsquid posted:

it wasnt infidelity, she made eye contact with him and he understood she was just passing priority

Passing priority of his kid to his ex-wife

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Curious what LSV’s opinion of upkeep payments are like now

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
he brainstormed, tucked the wife and kid, and cracked a fetch

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i cabal therapy naming wife and baby

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

rabidsquid posted:

i flashback cabal therapy naming wife and saccing the baby

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

look what he did
to his marriage
for value

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
Don't forget CFB erstwhiles Conley Woods and Twoo!

Quite the history to the team huh.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Rides Naked posted:

was Tristan Gregson the hero of this story all along???

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

look what he did
to his marriage
for value

“Oblivion Ring” now extremely on the nose

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Probably the best page of this thread ever tbh

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

It's not bad but is playing at a disadvantage to all the tier 1 decks except maybe embercleave. I'd rank it around where mono-white life-gain/devotion/heliod combo is.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

“Oblivion Ring” now extremely on the nose

LSV: Final Parting on the stack?
Family Court Judge: ... resolves.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Rides Naked posted:

How involved was Owen?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

neaden posted:

There is going to be legacy 40k in Saint Louis coming up: https://www.facebook.com/events/532268950733919/ There is not going to be any rake from admissions fees, judges are getting paid, flying our content creators, and all in all looks like a model for running a community event. Tickets will go on sale on Friday.

Edit: and there will be loaner decks available https://twitter.com/MissouriMTG/status/1230233034676416513?s=20

I'd be all over this if I wasn't like 11 hours away. Used to have a few huge local tournaments like that in my area up until a couple years ago. The only constructed format I have an interest in playing these days.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Bust Rodd posted:

Probably the best page of this thread ever tbh

you'll eat those words in 225 pages.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

crack fetch take two look at me im connley woods

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Bust Rodd posted:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 20, 2020

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
There's some new product called Jump/Start that's like a normal booster, but each one has a hidden theme. Could be Walls, Cats, Goblins, etc. Each theme has a unique basic land art. Sounds neat?

Look at them dogs!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

gently caress yeah, Walls!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I'm actually pretty excited about this. It's like KeyForge, except I'll actually have a chance to have people play it because they don't have to learn a whole new game! It's limited that could be fun with just two players!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Naming it after a recent set mechanic sure makes it hard to Google!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

LifeLynx posted:

There's some new product called Jump/Start that's like a normal booster, but each one has a hidden theme. Could be Walls, Cats, Goblins, etc. Each theme has a unique basic land art. Sounds neat?

Look at them dogs!

the article isn't up yet but here's a copypaste of my summary of the stream from discord:

new booster product meant to be quick-firing in the deckbuild/pregame sense but fun/deep in the play. each booster is a themed pack of 20 cards (theme like 'goblins' or 'discard' or 'doctor' or 'unicorns' or 'phyrexian') and the most basic form of play is get two boosters, shuffle together, and just play. cards are a mix of 37 new cards as spotfillers, some m21 cards, and ~400 reprints in modern frame. new cards and reprints are not standard legal but are eternal/commander legal.
packs will have a new art land based on the theme and a mix of reprints of other land arts (and non-basic lands were not ruled out)
basic intent is 'sometimes you just want to play without building a deck or sitting down for an entire draft/sealed pool'

46 themes total in 121 possible groupings, some themes only appear once or twice (so phyrexians appear once, walls similarly rare, cats more often). themes that appear multiple times will have dramatically different lists since you have a lot of leeway in something like 'cats' or 'spooky'

edit: oh there's the article https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/introducing-jumpstart-new-way-play-magic-2020-02-20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

Look at them dogs!

I need to buy these until i get the dog theme pack