Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Why did Bloomberg spend hundreds of millions of dollars and show up completely unprepared for any loving question at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Waiting to see which candidate they totally softball. So far only Butt, Warren, and Biden haven't had any callouts

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
lol at the cruise ship ad, not a good time for cruises last I heard

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kalensc posted:

Can't watch live but which of these are accurate:

1A) Bloomy bombing so hard even MSM spin can't prop him up;

1B) Bloomy terrible but did enough doubletalk to give MSM some leeway like Butts/Klobs in past debates;

2A) It's mostly Warren vs Bloom & Klob vs Butt with Biden and Bernie staying relatively quiet unless directly questioned (or Bloom does something real dumb);

2B) It's everyone vs Bloom and then everyone vs Bernie and the see-saw continues throughout the night

Definitely 1A

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

1stGear posted:

Yeah, this is going to be one of the secondary narratives out of tonight. Pete looks neat and clean and professional and that's great for voters who care more about image and :decorum: than actual policy.

People think he came out of that clean? He looked like the villain in a 1980s ski lodge movie

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He took himself down with that smug condescending attack on Klobuchar

yea that was a really bad look for him, even if he was right that Klob is a complete do-nothing just going on her "I VOTED ON SO MANY THINGS" record it looked like every smug 'well aren't you cute thinking you're smart, little girl' dickhead and Warren got huge points for diving in to defend her.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

To summarize for the break: Bloomberg is loving dead as hell, yo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

kalensc posted:

1B) Bloomy terrible but did enough doubletalk to give MSM some leeway like Butts/Klobs in past debates;

2A) It's mostly Warren vs Bloom & Klob vs Butt with Biden and Bernie staying relatively quiet unless directly questioned (or Bloom does something real dumb);

2B) It's everyone vs Bloom and then everyone vs Bernie and the see-saw continues throughout the night

1A and neither, Bernie isn't actively getting chased after but he does eat more potshots than other candidates.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Can we give them small weapons next hour?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Holy poo poo this debate has been fuckin' wild!

What a strange and lame sentence, but still.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

This is the best debate so far.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kidkissinger posted:

i am so loving here for everyone screaming this rules

I legit cannot wait for the post-debate discussion that starts with Rachel Maddow just going "HOLY poo poo :vince:"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So, from what I'm hearing, apparently everyone is tearing Bloomberg apart and the moderates are tearing eachother apart and Bernie is basically just sitting back and chilling?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

kalensc posted:

1A. He is a smoking crater behind a podium.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
Dude, this debate is nuts

I'm sorry to say that warren is clearly having the best night

idk if it will do anything for her, but at least the moderates fought Bloomberg down

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Heh that woman said "hella fresh" for that stupid food company.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
That NDA stuff is going to absolutely bury Bloomberg regardless of how much money he spends.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

kalensc posted:

1A) Bloomberg basically got his campaign murdered on live TV by Warren

2C) Warren vs Bloomberg with others occasionally piling on, Pete vs Bernie, Pete vs Amy. Biden keeps falling asleep.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress no, catch your breath, take a poo poo, get ready for the next hour because this poo poo isn't fixin to calm down

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

kalensc posted:

The stage yelled at him to lift the NDAs against the women he silenced for what he did in the workplace

he's done

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

People think he came out of that clean? He looked like the villain in a 1980s ski lodge movie

The sample size of my boomer-rear end parents says he's winning right now.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

OMG IS EVERYBODY ELSE SEEING A loving HILLARY DOC COMMERCIAL

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This was a big rear end nail in the coffin

https://mobile.twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1230322323540074498

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

LeeMajors posted:

Amy is loving shaking.

Pete is just serenely dreaming about the human pancreas he is going to sauté in duck fat tonight.

with some fava beans and a nice Chianti

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

gently caress you Doctor Patient Unity dark money bullshit lies.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
If Warren's last act is to murder Bloomberg, I'll take it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This debate is basically the “Luigi does nothing to win Mario Party” for Bernie while the poo poo libs destroy each other

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
I don't think I've ever seen $500 million dollars just evaporate on live tv like that!

TheSpartacus
Oct 30, 2010
HEY GUYS I'VE FLOWN HELICOPTERS IN THIS GAME BEFORE AND I AM AN EXPERT. ALSO, HOW DO I START THE ENGINE?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The stage yelled at him to lift the NDAs against the women he silenced for what he did in the workplace

he's done

That was amazing. It's absolutely true and will kill his campaign in this climate.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also I like how nobody would dare say "wow Warren, bullying much?" but still thinks bernie bros just go too far...................

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Bloomberg spent a billion dollars to tell everyone he did a bunch of depraved poo poo at work.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Everyone's pretty much knifing each other except Bernie, who will be the only one out of here unscathed

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I hope the moderators didn't get told to calm things down during the commercial break, this is gold

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

sexpig by night posted:

yea that was a really bad look for him, even if he was right that Klob is a complete do-nothing just going on her "I VOTED ON SO MANY THINGS" record it looked like every smug 'well aren't you cute thinking you're smart, little girl' dickhead and Warren got huge points for diving in to defend her.

The ESPECIALLY bad one to me was "You think being a senator from Minnesota means you could win a presidential election?"

Motherfucker you were a mayor of a tiny city who got like 6000 votes

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I guarandamntee Bloomberg is going to retaliate against Warren by throwing $10 billion at a candidate to beat Warren and get her out of the seat.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
it was genius for warren to continue on the sex creep stuff since there are so many service workers in NV and every single woman in that industry deals with pervvy customers on a regular basis

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Delthalaz posted:

Why did Bloomberg spend hundreds of millions of dollars and show up completely unprepared for any loving question at all

he's a billionaire and thinks he's literally better and smarter than everyone else, and everything will work out for him in the end

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Bloom’s 17% with Hispanics has gotta he closer to 3% right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This debate is basically the “Luigi does nothing to win Mario Party” for Bernie while the poo poo libs destroy each other

The Berniebros and "release your medical records!" lines of attack are both absolute loving bullshit, but IMO to your average dipshit moderate Pete probably came off better in both exchanges.