Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

McSpergin posted:

Family court words

The ice addict story is unfortunate and I have heard similar issues in other areas about having to give back kids to unfit adults. That is more a failure of our mental health care system and drug habilitation programs though.

As for court bias this article seems to indicate otherwise with even more horrifying results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Mate if ice was so bad why is it so good, ya know??

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

McSpergin posted:

In so much as domestic violence and estrangement of partners etc is a massive problem in Australia, I believe there is an aspect of the way that the divorce and Family Courts in Australia work that is directly contributing to it. Not that it's in any way entirely responsible, but I see it as being a definite driver in some aspects. There's obviously a lot of nuances and specificity to each situation of course.

/Rant and possibly probe but idc

i have in my career come across countless cases where it's totally unfair both ways. without casting judgement men are more avoidant to mental health which in turn leads to them being more violent on average so the ones who aren't get unfairly cast in the same light. it's a whole range of things failing people across the board all combining into the current mess of a situation we're in.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Family court's come up with some hosed rulings. Some poor bastard I work with had his ex drain the joint bank account and scarper overseas with their kid. Two years of legal battles just to get her to bring him back, then the court gave her primary custody. He gets the kid 3 nights a fortnight, except for the times she ignores the court orders and doesn't let him have the kid and makes false allegations of him abusing his son.

It's kinda hosed that people can't put aside their poo poo to do what's best for the kid in a lot of cases. Another family I know the parents have a vicious hatred of each other so they're always talking down the other parent to the kids, every parenting choice they make seems to be based more on pissing off their ex rather than doing the right thing for their kids.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Yeah this is all v true

My cousin has a 5yo kid to her ex partner. She's schizophrenic and so has all sorts of issues, and quite often will just go off her meds for no reason. Which is why her partner left her.

He's married to someone now, and with her schizophrenic mindset continues to waste her mum's money on chasing pointless bullshit. She was convinced that the ex's new partner was just there to molest her kid, and spent somewhere around $10k to try and have it proven by a PI, she's wasted tens of thousands in court trying to gently caress with his custody, but it's all backfired on her for being a massive oval office so now the court has ruled that because she's basically insane, she can't have custody of her kid without an adult of sound mind being with her aka her own mother (my uncle passed away about 5y ago from skin cancer). So now my aunt has shacked up with a new bloke and sold her mansion in the forbidden coast, but has had to buy a second house nearby for her daughter to live in with a room for herself so she can be there when my cousin has the young fella.

Topping it all off is that she spoke to him like he was still a baby and it slowed his speech development for years. Thankfully he's at school and talking normally now, but the first few months were hard for him. He's a loving smart kid, I can see it now and it's just a shame his mum is who she is. Thankfully his grandmother is incredibly intelligent as well and used to be a teacher at one of those alternative learning schools so he's benefiting massively from that but man, I'm glad that magistrate or judge was across all these issues

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

naeka posted:

without casting judgement men are more avoidant to mental health which in turn leads to them being more violent on average so the ones who aren't get unfairly cast in the same light.

This is one of the biggest issues. It's so heavily stigmatised in Australian culture (probably due to the British background, keep calm and carry on attitude) but it doesn't loving work. I had a borderline mental breakdown at my last job working with several toxic colleagues and being lumped with tons of responsibility and it took me 6 months after that to sack up and see a psych and it's been the best thing for me

ili
Jul 26, 2003

McSpergin posted:

This is one of the biggest issues. It's so heavily stigmatised in Australian culture (probably due to the British background, keep calm and carry on attitude) but it doesn't loving work. I had a borderline mental breakdown at my last job working with several toxic colleagues and being lumped with tons of responsibility and it took me 6 months after that to sack up and see a psych and it's been the best thing for me

Aye it's a real oval office of a thing to manage. It doesn't even need to actually be stigmatised to have that effect, your mates and family can be supportive as buggery but the depressed you knows, just knows, that it's only lip service and actually you're a weak piece of poo poo who can't fucken hack it. We're so adept at stigmatising ourselves we don't even need an outside influence to help and can quite easily keep it up even in the face of all evidence to the contrary.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It's taken me 10 years of on and off therapy but I'm finally in a position where I am in charge of my emotions and I can't really stress enough to all my friends both guys and girls to see a shrink on the reg even if you think you're normal. I'm happier than ever.

Sometimes even just simply talking about a problem makes it less difficult to actually deal with. Literally getting it out of your head and into the ether.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Laserface posted:

It's taken me 10 years of on and off therapy but I'm finally in a position where I am in charge of my emotions and I can't really stress enough to all my friends both guys and girls to see a shrink on the reg even if you think you're normal. I'm happier than ever.

Sometimes even just simply talking about a problem makes it less difficult to actually deal with. Literally getting it out of your head and into the ether.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

huh... my mate's episode of The Chase is on tv again. I didn't know they repeated them. I feel like he should be getting a residual cheque.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

Laserface posted:

I'm mostly happy. Wtf.

This is a first for this millenium?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i had a brainfart and instead of putting a lil ciggy in my mix i shook a few drops of frank's red hot in there

incoming hotcones, incoming chillibongs

F
Nov 6, 2005

Zazi posted:

huh... my mate's episode of The Chase is on tv again. I didn't know they repeated them. I feel like he should be getting a residual cheque.

Was that the dude who can now buy a hairbrush with his share of the winnings?

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Caesar Saladin posted:

i had a brainfart and instead of putting a lil ciggy in my mix i shook a few drops of frank's red hot in there

trip report plz

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

Sounds interesting, but how did you get smokes and red hot confused? Do you keep your baccy in a bottle, or your sauce in a pouch?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

red hot is a shameful hot sauce

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

ili posted:

Sounds interesting, but how did you get smokes and red hot confused? Do you keep your baccy in a bottle, or your sauce in a pouch?

I don't know how it happened, i am just used to throwing down some red hot on everything and muscle memory took over. The cones tasted okay. I'm gonna need to add more to see if it really makes a difference.

Tokamak posted:

fair enough but I've bitten my tongue so much i have trouble with anything too hot. Also I like the vinegariness on my eggs.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

F posted:

Was that the dude who can now buy a hairbrush with his share of the winnings?

it was recorded in like 2016 and first broadcast in 2018 so I think he's got one by now. Would have thought the studio would do it though, cheap bastards.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Tokamak posted:

is what a cursed person would say

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Tokamak posted:

Wrong, it's the basis of a good buffalo wings sauce

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

redhot is real good on eggs of all kinds

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I've been enjoy Tuk Meric on all kinds of meats.

Thanks Cambodia. Thambodia.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

redhot is good for everything

it's just spicy vinegar

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Zazi posted:

it's just not-very-spicy vinegar

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Im a big fan of cholula myself, but franks is also good

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Zazi posted:

it's just spicy vinegar

This. Like tobasco but better.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like to put tabasco on my pizza

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-TBLISq1gE

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Visible Stink posted:

Im a big fan of cholula myself, but franks is also good

:golfclap:

Cholula is an S tier sauce tbh

Whenever I make tacos I use it on them, alternative option is Yucateco chipotle

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Just lol if you don't make your own

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Midnight mcmuffins at grafton, fat jesus tailgating me all the way from tyndale, had to breakcheck the prick when he high beamed me for only going 5 over the limit

What a loving week

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I call all trucks fat jesus these days

F
Nov 6, 2005

Zazi posted:

it was recorded in like 2016 and first broadcast in 2018 so I think he's got one by now. Would have thought the studio would do it though, cheap bastards.

Yeah i thought the makeup department would've had them both looking spiffy.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

tardwrangler posted:

I call all trucks fat jesus these days

i've been doing this a lot as well, although its only for trucks that require HC or MC licenses

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There is a facebook page called 'Trucks I can see from my (sic) Belcony' and its basically purestrain australian culture

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Laserface posted:

There is a facebook page called 'Trucks I can see from my (sic) Belcony' and its basically purestrain australian culture

quote:

So it turns out we in the mighty west have been blessed with a day of no labourin to celebrate labourin which aint all great fake news cause as we learned from that classic 90s hit never been kissed when ol drew bazzamore cops a choccy milk all over her duds ya cant wear white anymore but thats bedside table the point as we now have extra time to do the things we love like sit up the belc nd monitor the chit which is extra spicy today courtesy of the boys in blue conductin random brake tests just to the left of screen very pleasin to see old mate kleenheat toss the anchor out nd pull her up in record time

this is probably one of my favourite posts completely independent of the truck picture accompanying it

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
If youre out there FJ stop being a sook and post.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jestery posted:

I have been doing some fermented chilli sauces lately, and being able to control the heat levels is a game changer

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Sad to think that kids won't get to participate in the new car ceremony where Dad would present you with a club lock and a refidex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

I'm looking at some mason jars with ferment lids specifically to do pickles and sauces at the new place :D

I used to do some with chilli's I grew but I'll have to start a new crop when I move into the new joint. I made some knock off tabasco with my own tabasco peppers and it was P good