Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i feel like nathen's in a position where he's kind of scrambling to unfuck things, but that very scrambling is causing him to finally notice all the obvious ways to make this more profitable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I'm shocked those Garfield Cyber comics are not free. They look like something you'd get in a goodie bag after a dentist visit.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I'm shocked those Garfield Cyber comics are not free. They look like something you'd get in a goodie bag after a dentist visit.

this is from 1981

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
has anyone ordered the lasagna yet i have to know

it looks loving vile in every menu shot ive seen

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

GolfHole posted:

the london expansion and the kids comic are genuinely good and likely profitable ideas

someone else has to be in charge, this isn't the garfieldeats i know...

The cyber security comic wasn't his idea. He's just carrying them.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
I don’t see how the London expansion is good, just less bad than trying to do it with Toronto rents. Anyway have we discussed yet how the “Jim Davis Pizza” is pepperoni, onion, and pineapple: a “farm-to-plate” pizza with “locally-sourced” pineapples (we went to sobey’s) that the restaurant suggests will help with digestion.

Also the only coffee on the online menu, period:

• big americano: high source of dietary fibre
  • dark chocolate garficcino: rich in iron and magnesium
  • orange bee (orange/honey) garficcino: very good source of dietary fiber; rich in vitamin c zest
  • peppermint garficcino: high in calming effect on the body; soothes irritable digestion
  • pumpkin garficcino: high in plant carotenoids converted to vitamin a; high in antioxidants

Also please note that the last is “crowned with genuine pumpkin peel.”

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Putty posted:

i ate those food

gotta have me a good lasaga

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

mediaphage posted:

Also please note that the last is “crowned with genuine pumpkin peel.”

i could almost see this as an AI noting that some coffee drinks are served with a twist of lemon or orange peel, pumpkins are also orange, ergo. . . but like, do they keep pumpkins on hand just for the peel?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

flesh dance posted:

The only reason that one got taken down is because it included the actual Paws Inc public relations info and they started getting inundated with requests for breakfast with Garfield. :lol:ing at the idea of Mazri proposing a Garficcino restaurant and them going "well actually...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxcpicWI95o

Lasagna Cat needs to convince Nathan Mazri to hire them for a video campaign. I'd prefer to melt the brains of unsuspecting Canadians, but I'd be happy with an official Youtube video.

He's obsessed with going viral and it's guaranteed to.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i could almost see this as an AI noting that some coffee drinks are served with a twist of lemon or orange peel, pumpkins are also orange, ergo. . . but like, do they keep pumpkins on hand just for the peel?

I’m trying to decide whether they mean like a shaving of (pumpkin) flesh or literally the rind

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I am the pure orangy bred Scottish kitten - 7 weeks old, and God is Nathen Marzi.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Shuu posted:

I'm in infosec and my coworker gave me a hard copy of one of these, which exist for some reason. How relevant is Garfield to kids anymore?

Thank you for introducing me to this. There's a lot for us all to learn from here.

(Only slightly shopped)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Xaintrailles posted:

Thank you for introducing me to this. There's a lot for us all to learn from here.

(Only slightly shopped)

Hahahahahahahaha

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Xaintrailles posted:

(Only slightly shopped)

Magic

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

mediaphage posted:

I don’t see how the London expansion is good, just less bad than trying to do it with Toronto rents. Anyway have we discussed yet how the “Jim Davis Pizza” is pepperoni, onion, and pineapple: a “farm-to-plate” pizza with “locally-sourced” pineapples (we went to sobey’s) that the restaurant suggests will help with digestion.

Violently blasting everything you've eaten in the last two days out of your rear end all at once sounds pretty pro-digestive to me, tbh

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

:nsavince:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Xaintrailles posted:

(Only slightly shopped)

:five:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Just want to say, if you watched this without sound, go back and experience how bad the music is.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Akratic Method posted:

Just want to say, if you watched this without sound, go back and experience how bad the music is.

I knew I'd heard this song somewhere. I was trying to place it.
Then I realized.
It's the BGM from the """AR""" game in the app.

Which they're apparently since removed!

e: also they've added the word 'Lazy' to every instance of 'Login' in the app. It's always referred to as 'Lazy Login' now.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Killingyouguy! posted:

e: also they've added the word 'Lazy' to every instance of 'Login' in the app. It's always referred to as 'Lazy Login' now.

ow my brain

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

When I'm at work I often go to the toilet for a long, lazy loggin'

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
Can I get a CBD infused garfacino?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

drowningidiot posted:

Can I get a CBD infused garfacino?

The new location is a block away from two dispensaries...

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

mediaphage posted:

so is the old one

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

god bless canada

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

GolfHole posted:

so is the old one

GolfHole posted:

god bless canada

:canada:

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Garf

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mediaphage posted:

GolfHole posted:

so is the old one

And you're all saying Nathen doesn't know what he's doing.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Haha, honestly I just noticed the 2nd was going in the other day; I'm sure the one store must be pissed off because it's far back from the road and this one, while smaller, is much more noticeable. Competition!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mega64 posted:

it has been a roller coaster of intrigue

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
i cant stop thinking about "Big Agna"

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Buschmaki posted:

i cant stop thinking about "Big Agna"

Is that pronounced to rhyme with Lasagna? Like “Big anya”?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Big angina

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This is all I could read too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Of all of the things itt I can't wrap my head around the lasagne tissue box still takes the cake. Like, it was full of lasagne right? So you are supposed to take the tissues out of perfectly good tissue box and stuff them in a box that had lasagne in it? Even if they somehow had a way to make it so the box wasn't covered in lasagne remains. WHY? WHY? gently caress

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

veni veni veni posted:

Of all of the things itt I can't wrap my head around the lasagne tissue box still takes the cake. Like, it was full of lasagne right? So you are supposed to take the tissues out of perfectly good tissue box and stuff them in a box that had lasagne in it? Even if they somehow had a way to make it so the box wasn't covered in lasagne remains. WHY? WHY? gently caress

Maybe the whole point is just to get you thinking and talking about it. Like one of those commercials that makes no sense and has no real reference to the product.

Somehow though I doubt Nathen "spelled wrong" Mazri is some n-dimensional chess master.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Has Jim Davis followed up on this? Has he had a garfuccino?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Elderbean posted:

Has Jim Davis followed up on this? Has he had a garfuccino?

He offers it to “you java heads,” suggesting no:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Pmh5vrzwM

Also apparently I missed that the app has an AR feature??

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

mediaphage posted:

Had

It was fruit ninja, but shittier and with a background of whatever you camera is pointed at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

mediaphage posted:

He offers it to “you java heads,” suggesting no:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Pmh5vrzwM

lol wtf is up with the aspect ratio on that video

they did the blurred letterbox thing to an already 16:9 source

e: the clips in the background are all garfield tormenting pizza shop workers
this is the most incredible accidental satire of our age

Peanut Butler fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 25, 2020