Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

During one of Chigusa's intermission speeches last year before that tryout, she said they had over 150 apply to take part and I'd be surprised if we could name 150 indie US female wrestlers between us. I'm sure they'll be surprising us with random wrestlers out of nowhere for a while to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Marvelous have brought in a wrestler named Masha Slamovich and I'm already a fan based on the unbelievably cheesy name.

She's been on a couple Beyonds/IWTV shows if you've got that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STARDOM's weekend shows look pretty good

Saturday:
Saya Kamitani and Itsuki Hoshino vs Queen's Quest (Hina and Leo Onozaki)
AZM vs Zoey Skye in a High Speed Grand Prix match
Tokyo Cyber Squad (Hana Kimura, Leyla Hirsch and Ruaka) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora, Saki Kashima and Natsu Sumire)
Riho and STARS (Tam Nakano and Saya Iida) vs Donna del Mondo (Giulia, Syuri Kondo and Maika)
Queen's Quest (Momo Watanabe and Utami Hayashishita) vs Oedo Tai (Bea Priestley and Jaime Hayter)
Tokyo Cyber Squad (Jungle Kyona, Konami and Death Yama-san) vs STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Arisa Hoshiki and Starlight Kid)
Kagetsu vs the roster

Sunday:
Jamie Hayter vs Itsuki Hoshino vs Hina in a triple threat
Queen's Quest (Momo Watanabe and AZM) vs Tokyo Cyber Squad (Hana Kimura and Rina)
Leo Onozaki and Saya Iida vs Tokyo Cyber Squad (Jungle Kyona and Ruaka) in Onozaki's retirement match
Donna del Mondo (Giulia and Maika) vs Tokyo Cyber Squad (Konami and Leyla Hirsch)
Riho and STARS (Tam Nakano, Mayu Iwatani, Arisa Hoshiki and Starlight Kid) vs Zoey Skye and Oedo Tai (Bea Priestley, Natsuko Tora, Saki Kashima and Natsu Sumire)
Utami Hayashishita defends the Future title against Saya Kamitani

Also on Sunday is a Sendai Girls show. Card so far for that seems to be:
KAORU vs Yurika Oka
Manami vs Mikoto Shindo
Sakura Hirota vs Rydeen Hagane
Meiko Satomura and DASH Chisako vs Natsumi Maki and Sareee in Maki's Sendai Girls debut
Kagetsu vs Chihiro Hashimoto

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

During one of Chigusa's intermission speeches last year before that tryout, she said they had over 150 apply to take part and I'd be surprised if we could name 150 indie US female wrestlers between us. I'm sure they'll be surprising us with random wrestlers out of nowhere for a while to come.

Pretty sure they had dudes there as well; but even then that's very impressive and its cool that they are seeking people out rather than just trying to pull the people that make it to the top of the Indies. I think people would be surprised how much deeper the pool is when you think about it though: somewhere else we were brainstorming black women wrestlers that should work the For The Culture show (for the slightly nasty reason that they booked Marti Belle who is apparently an incredibly nice person but a very bad pro wrestler) and we came up with like 15-20 people; some from the UK but mostly from the US and that's with a group that aren't like hardcore US indie wrestling fans.

Not like you are going to find any complete people immediately but there are certainly a lot of women with potential in the US and its very sensible for Marvelous to get them: I imagine that you probably spend less money (pretty sure the Marvelous foreigners live in the dojo with everyone else so that probably means that you can pay slightly less since they have less expenses which is a good thing for a smaller company), if they succeed in the future people might notice your name attached to them (Nyla Rose is the first person they discovered in this way and she's done very well for herself recently) and if you click then you may well build up some loyalty there and people will come back for more tours in the future which is what you want from foreigners.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/doranyanpa/status/1228473130768683008?s=19

RIP Producer P killed by Penta the dog.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cero Mordor!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kagetsu seems cool as hell

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1228695668727828482

Yuka not only does not promote the show, she does not attempt english. Outstanding.

I would like to have a rough translation of what her theme song says.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It says "hey" x24, "i can fly"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

of course! it makes sense now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think Maki is the only one that actually wants to go to america. The rest seem to know better.

coconono fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 16, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

I think Maki is the only one that actually wants to go to america. The rest seem to know better.
It’s the only way she can get her Monster Energy fix. She came back to Japan with a suitcase full (literally) when she was overseas last time.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Neodoomium posted:

I would like to have a rough translation of what her theme song says.

It is about encouraging a chicken to fly, and also about how delicious chicken is.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

coconono posted:

Hyper Misao also seems pretty excited about it

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The TJPW Universe-only show yesterday was fun as hell. We had three Nodoka-Onesans in a match with Modern Day Nodoka

We had Yuka acting like a sore winner AND a sore loser in a Valentines Deathmatch vs. Pom

The Up Up Girls were all over the show despite not being booked to wrestle in it

Go check it out

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

The TJPW Universe-only show yesterday was fun as hell. We had three Nodoka-Onesans in a match with Modern Day Nodoka

We had Yuka acting like a sore winner AND a sore loser in a Valentines Deathmatch vs. Pom

The Up Up Girls were all over the show despite not being booked to wrestle in it

Go check it out
Hyper Misao's Nadoka Onee-san costume might be one of the most terrifying things I've seen in wrestling

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

why does natsuko tora carry a bucket now. i know they got rid of the sign, but why a bucket?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stardom have cancelled all the events from now until March 14th because of the coronavirus, except for the March 8th Korakuen which will be an empty arena show.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

That Korakuen being an empty arena show is 100% just to give Samurai TV something to broadcast, right?

That will be incredibly weird to watch though; and lord knows what they do for the card for it. Can't see them doing the planned card if they can't sell tickets but they can't just do none of the stuff they were building towards especially since its a TV taping.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They're showing it for free on YouTube so I imagine they will go ahead as planned

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1229690481363148800?s=19

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bushiroad is canceling basically everything except NJPW events, which are running without meet and greets. It's at the point where they're even delaying TV shows they produce.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1230402017849270272?s=19

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
No, People Gate!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

might be a good time to take Stardom to the US for a tour, I guess?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Punch McLightning posted:

No, People Gate!

Stealing the Dragongate naming convention. Appalling.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

might be a good time to take Stardom to the US for a tour, I guess?

kidani ain't gonna risk sneaking most of the roster in on tourist visas

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

China's put their e-sports stuff on indefinite hiatus and are holding empty-arena scrims because they expect things to be on quarantine for the next couple weeks. From what we know the Coronavirus is still less deadly than the average Flu is, but it's still pretty early in its lifespan and there's also the Chinese government trying their best to censor and hide all data & info on the virus.

Better safe than sorry, honestly. Skin contact is supposed to be the way to spread it so all it takes is a single person in the front row giving people high fives at an event to infect a lot of people

This is also a great chance for Stardom to do classic Beyond Wrestling style shows where all the audience are just other wrestlers heckling each other and that in itself could just be a whole lot of fun.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Rossy tweeted out that people would be making their Stardom debut in the opening match battle royal at the empty arena Korakuen show. Unless I've missed something they don't have any trainees ready to go (at least they've not announced any pro test passes and Kamitani and Hoshino came through the Stardom idols thing and were the only people that made the transition to wrestling) which means that this will be freelancers or people from other promotions who haven't wrestled for Stardom before. Pretty sure you'll have Marvelous representation on this considering them working with Stardom now but there might be some surprises there.

That card is an interesting one; they clearly haven't changed anything on it and its the blow off for a lot of the stories they've set up since December. Lumberjack matches tend to not be great but it being empty arena allows for some interesting possibilities if they go down that road. The White Belt match is interesting and while I can't see them changing the title on this show with no one being there they might try to do something to leave a rematch open if they plan on doing the switch. Everything else is fun and the sort of card you'd book as a first time streaming show since there's a bit of everything there. This seems to be them experimenting with live streaming shows in the same way that NOAH were doing late last year; we'll see how many of these we get in the future.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current card for No, People! GateNo People Gate:

Special time change battle royal. All participants are unadvertised, could include debuts
Tokyo Cyber Squad (Hana Kimura and Jungle Kyona) vs Donna del Mondo (Giulia and Maika)
Oedo Tai (Jamie Hayter and Bea Priestley) defend the Goddesses tag title against Queen's Quest (Momo Watanabe and Utami Hayashishita)
Arisa Hoshiki defends the Wonder title against Natsuko Tora
Mayu Iwatani vs Saki Kashima in a lumberjack match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not super super up to date on Stardom, but how much shelf life does Oedo Tai have left? Almost everyone I'd attribute that faction to has retired or switched factions. I know the gaijin are in it right now but they'd probably be better off splintering off like Hana Kimura did with Cyber Squad.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I'm not super super up to date on Stardom, but how much shelf life does Oedo Tai have left? Almost everyone I'd attribute that faction to has retired or switched factions. I know the gaijin are in it right now but they'd probably be better off splintering off like Hana Kimura did with Cyber Squad.

It seemed like they were on borrowed time after the Kagetsu/Hazuki retirements but the new Natsuko Tora led iteration has completely revitalised it. They've gone full heel and it's working for them. The new entrance is really cool too. If any faction feels like it's run its course, it's Queen's Quest right now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I'm so behind. I think Natsuko Tora is head of Oedo Tai and she dresses like a pirate now?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It seemed like they were on borrowed time after the Kagetsu/Hazuki retirements but the new Natsuko Tora led iteration has completely revitalised it. They've gone full heel and it's working for them. The new entrance is really cool too. If any faction feels like it's run its course, it's Queen's Quest right now.
Alright, I'm more shocked Queen's Quest is still a faction now, but if Kairi lets her contract lapse it might have a chance.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

RealFoxy posted:

Alright, I'm more shocked Queen's Quest is still a faction now, but if Kairi lets her contract lapse it might have a chance.

Momo carries a lot of weight.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Queen's Quest has Tall Saya now so they will last forever

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Momo carries a lot of weight.
Momo stood out least in that Io/Hojo trio but she was still always a top 5 in Joshi back when I was watching. Needs to catch up to LuluPencil tho.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Momo is v good but looks like she might be Gotofied in the Bushiroad era

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

Momo is v good but looks like she might be Gotofied in the Bushiroad era
If she suddenly just shows up somewhere else I won't complain. As much of a TJPW dork I am there's really only like 3 good wrestlers and 1 great wrestler and Momo would be the perfect person to make the roster better.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

RealFoxy posted:

If she suddenly just shows up somewhere else I won't complain. As much of a TJPW dork I am there's really only like 3 good wrestlers and 1 great wrestler and Momo would be the perfect person to make the roster better.

I don't watch TJPW for wrestling, I watch it to see Hyper Misao dress up as Nodoka Onee-chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I don't watch TJPW for wrestling, I watch it to see Hyper Misao dress up as Nodoka Onee-chan
That cosplay is literally going to haunt me for years. I didn't even realize it was her until after the show