Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Grapefruit is delicious but eating it involves subtlety and restraint. Foreign concepts to the screaming grape-eaters of the world.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If anyone can bring out the best of borderlands, it's eli Roth. Dude really understands filth. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the 'best' video game movie.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So at least one video game series managed to find a director for their movie.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

That's a real win if it goes through. Dude can write ensembles on a budget. Really depends on the level of cgi and if they can restrain themselves from the dreaded fps shot, though eli Roth is one of the few who could make it work.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

speaking of, my friend who likes jrpgs was passing this article around today https://twitter.com/vg247/status/1229447640762290176?s=21

I've been getting into it like crazy with incredibly stupid weebs on Twitter (which I guess ultimately makes me the stupid one) since they don't understand this is exactly how you "translate" the game for a local audience (what they think of as "translation" is for government documents, not entertainment products, which should be localized without exception), and also that no, this isn't ResetEra's doing, Atlus probably doesn't even know what a ResetEra is. As if it's just impossible that a company big enough to have a media coordination and public relations team might decide against releasing a product containing homophobia in the year 2020.

Special credits to NepsKnight for ascending to a new level of hot take by saying art stops being art when it's tailored to the public in some capacity. Resulted in this criminally-underliked response.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Localisation is bad, always stick to literal translations of transphobic content.

Also he's called Robotnik, not Eggman.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Mortal Kombat is still the best videogame movie, I don't care what anyone says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0vhGEGJC8g

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Songbearer posted:

Let's rewind because I saw some Grapefruit Chat and you're all letting it slide like it's nothing let me put my Posting Gloves on HNNNNGH oh yeah now I'm ready,

gently caress your grapefruit. How dare it try to pass itself as one of the Good Fruits by including the word "grape" in its name. 'oh but the name refers to the way it grows' gently caress you I don't call an apple a Lemonfruit because it happens to grow on a tree.

If we're being accurate we should call Grapefruit a Horrible Orange because that's what it is. I don't go into the fruit eating game thinking "mmm I could sure go for the refreshing taste of licking a filthy pavement" I want a delicious healthy snack.

Every time I give it a chance I'm proven wrong. Don't call me a loser for it cause I've eaten olives and I can understand the appeal despite the fact they're not nice at all, grapefruits appeal evade me, the worst, get them out. Gimmie grapes. Don't ruin their reputation. Grapefruits are Star Citizen fruits: All hype when you see it but you'll be disgusted with the end result.

My nan used to feed me and my sister sugared grapefruit for breakfast and we used to have to swallow them without chewing it should have been Illegal.

I wish I liked grapefruit because that's a lot of fruit

The White Dragon posted:

dont gently caress your grapefruit

sounds like someone doesn't know the grapefruit technique

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Also she's called Princess Toadstool, not Peach.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Grapefruit is good, embrace the tartness.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It has to be Robotnik because his minions are called Badniks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also Eggman is a dumb name

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Goo goo ga joob

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Probably a lot of eggmen out there if we're gonna start naming people after their shapes

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Localisation is bad, always stick to literal translations of transphobic content.

Also he's called Robotnik, not Eggman.

I (masculine, casual) article-denoting-subject, univbee is (formal).

My god, this 1:1 translation is perfect, it's going to revolutionize all the video games and animes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

For great justice

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Just preordered Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It's gonna be the best Nowruz ever!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Infinitum posted:

For great justice

Darlie Toothpaste

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

PantsBandit posted:

Grapefruit is delicious but eating it involves subtlety and restraint. Foreign concepts to the screaming grape-eaters of the world.

I understand how to eat a grapefruit with subtlety and restraint

It's imagining it's any other sort of fruit, imagining the taste, but never actually eating it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Aeris
Aerith
Earisu

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Housh posted:

Just preordered Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It's gonna be the best Nowruz ever!

Now the real question...

What are you gonna play first?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Now the real question...

What are you gonna play first?
I was hoping to play both at the same time. Doom on the TV and AC handheld. I can play AC whenever I die and get frustrated at Doom. Will install both at the same time.

I figure Doom will be at home and AC on my commute. OMG DIRECT IS STARTING!!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Is grapefruit like coriander where some people are just genetically doomed to the bad taste.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You can pause the slaying of demons, but how can you bring yourself to pause the fostering of friendships

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Songbearer posted:

You can pause the slaying of demons, but how can you bring yourself to pause the fostering of friendships

Nintendo's policy on Animal Crossing save files isn't terribly friendly if we're being honest.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Whoever designed the jumping puzzle in Darksiders Genesis needs to be shot into the loving sun.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Grapefruit is good but the effort:reward ratio is way off

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

lol

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1230498955898703874?s=20

Fine print: "We'll only recover your save once ever."

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If you try to circumvent it Resetti will break your legs

Nintendo will get away with it though, it always feels like they have a license to be aggressively regressive under the guise of being that lovable company

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watched the Animal Crossing Direct.

I am going to buy Animal Crossing at launch.

Was kinda hoping to see Tom Nook announced as a Smash pass fighter. :v:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I want to be a goth dog

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I want a Doomguy DLC helmet for AC

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

I want a Doomguy DLC helmet for AC

I want an AC DLC helmet for Doom

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I want to be a goth dog

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I want an acdc dlc for ucll

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/tinycartridge/status/1230493680315895810

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

univbee posted:

I've been getting into it like crazy with incredibly stupid weebs on Twitter (which I guess ultimately makes me the stupid one) since they don't understand this is exactly how you "translate" the game for a local audience (what they think of as "translation" is for government documents, not entertainment products, which should be localized without exception), and also that no, this isn't ResetEra's doing, Atlus probably doesn't even know what a ResetEra is. As if it's just impossible that a company big enough to have a media coordination and public relations team might decide against releasing a product containing homophobia in the year 2020.

Special credits to NepsKnight for ascending to a new level of hot take by saying art stops being art when it's tailored to the public in some capacity. Resulted in this criminally-underliked response.

gently caress that poo poo, remove the homophobic/transphobic content in every version instead.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I am going to live on The Island of Dr. Nook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Do not Google search for Cherry the Animal Crossing dog.