Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Yeah I dunno, I'm not gonna shed any tears for leaf blowers. Like, we need to be getting away from gas powered anything, and this isn't a cars situation where just banning them outright without putting replacement infrastructure in place is going to ruin people's lives. No one needs a leaf blower to get to work. I guess it sucksblows if you make leaf blowers for a living?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I hate leafblowers in general. 90% are used to blow leaves into the street or the neighbors yard.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sales of 2-stroke small engine products should absolutely be banned going forward except under certain circumstances. No reason for it when 4-stroke ones are available.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Is there a good place to start with local politics? what are the progressive parties here? I'm going to a dsa meeting next month but I was looking more for non establishment Democrat stuff.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
If you're in Chicago, there are ward-level IPOs in several wards. There are also some community orgs like Pilsen Alliance, KOCO, North side action, and others.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
I'm now in the Peoria area! Are there any good trans political networks to get involved in?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
loving trump.

https://twitter.com/Santucci/status/1229821724696465412

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

WGN news has been stalling for at least 45 minutes waiting for something to happen.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Game recognizes game. Not sure Trump even thought of shaking down a children’s hospital.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

drat, the hardcore Rs are defending this move as 1)Blago being sentenced too hard for a small crime and 2)Trump realizing that Blago was the fall guy for someone “much higher than him”.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
The chuds at my office are bending over backwards to justify the Blago commutation. Which, man, is some of the weirdest Fox News aphasia I've seen in a while.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

But, but... he was impeached with a 114-1 vote and removed from office with a UNANIMOUS conviction in the senate. Literally everyone in the state knew he was guilty.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

drat, the hardcore Rs are defending this move as 1)Blago being sentenced too hard for a small crime and 2)Trump realizing that Blago was the fall guy for someone “much higher than him”.

Who? loving WHO WAS HIGHER THAN HIM?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Benagain posted:

Who? loving WHO WAS HIGHER THAN HIM?

Obama?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

:eng101:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Madigan maybe?

gently caress if I know.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I have read a few comments from Trumpers that Blago was set up by Madigan. Jesus Christ these people.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
His wife has been on FOX News a bunch and Trump is doing the commuting, so be ready for Blago the conservative populist to lecture us about draining the swamp.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Sen. Rod Blagojevich (R-IN)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

BoysBlagos back in town

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Badger of Basra posted:

Sen. Rod Blagojevich (R-IN)

If that means we don't have to deal with media shenanigans or him jogging erratically through the neighborhood (as the neighbors claim he did before) it might be worth it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Break room in Central Illinois is unified, right and left, in "what the gently caress?" about Blagojevich.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The oldhtimer staff at work from the South Side feel like he was done wrong and this is long overdue. It was crazy listening to their conversation.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1230309606955659264?s=20

Call your state reps/senators and tell them this is good! There was a similar set of bills in NJ (or possibly CA?) and it died because they got scared by the deluge of calls from crazy people.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Yeah, my social media is filled with people saying that they believe in freedom and choice and this takes away that power. When I mention that they are all “pro-life” people and what happens to choice and freedom when it comes to abortion...I get blocked or unfriended.

My rep is a chud who runs his own private religious school so I am not guessing that he believes in science or anything like that.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdyVBtMoT4A

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Good, I hope they do leave the state and take their disease bombs with them.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Good, I hope they do leave the state and take their disease bombs with them.

No kidding. Oh no! Our health system doesn’t have to bear the weight of an onslaught of unvaccinated kids getting the measles. What shall we do????

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

This felt good.

http://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1231040261570121729

Jows
May 8, 2002

That loving snake. That was fantastic. I still remember the smug arrogance of that prick when he showed up at my company Christmas party after he got arrested... He thought he was untouchable

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Did anyone from Cook County get their mail-in ballot yet? I applied for one on the 10th and still haven't gotten it, even though early voting starts next week.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I got mine last week but I signed up pretty early.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did anyone from Cook County get their mail-in ballot yet? I applied for one on the 10th and still haven't gotten it, even though early voting starts next week.

My wife did. And I was annoyed that she didn't remind me to apply for mail in as well.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

No, I applied last week so a little nervous. Last election cycle my family got theirs within a week of applying. If I don't get a mail-in ballot in time, can I go in and vote in person?

Also a big chunk of mail-in ballot people are those who won't be in town so cutting it so close to election date sucks on their behalf. Get your loving poo poo together Yarbrough.

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 27, 2020

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Niwrad posted:

Get your loving poo poo together Yarbrough.

She was down in Thornton bragging about how she's cut costs in the office by reducing redundant staff so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Niwrad posted:

No, I applied last week so a little nervous. Last election cycle my family got theirs within a week of applying. If I don't get a mail-in ballot in time, can I go in and vote in person?

Also a big chunk of mail-in ballot people are those who won't be in town so cutting it so close to election date sucks on their behalf. Get your loving poo poo together Yarbrough.

Here is what I was able to dig up

quote:

A qualified voter to whom a vote by mail ballot was issued may vote early if they submit that vote by mail ballot for cancellation to the judges or election official conducting early voting. If the voter is unable to submit the vote by mail ballot, it shall be sufficient for the voter to submit to the judges or election official (i) a portion of the vote by mail ballot if the vote by mail ballot was torn or mutilated or (ii) an affidavit executed before the judges or election official specifying that the voter never received a vote by mail ballot or the voter completed and returned a vote by mail ballot and was informed that the election authority did not receive that vote by mail ballot

https://www.elections.il.gov/ElectionOperations/VotingByMail.aspx?MID=ELGeUv9wLSI%3d&T=637184689428649694

Now I'm not entire sure what that affidavit entails. You'd probably have to call someone to find out if you need to bring something, or if you can just sign something at the polling place.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Here is what I was able to dig up

https://www.elections.il.gov/ElectionOperations/VotingByMail.aspx?MID=ELGeUv9wLSI%3d&T=637184689428649694

Now I'm not entire sure what that affidavit entails. You'd probably have to call someone to find out if you need to bring something, or if you can just sign something at the polling place.

That seems like a pain in the rear end. I just want to vote for ole Bernie. Mail me my drat ballot.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013
Anybody have a good reference/voting guide for judges? I don't want to go in blind, but there's just so many...

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Just got an email saying they mailed out my ballot. Hopefully it doesn't take as long to actually get here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

T. Bombastus posted:

Anybody have a good reference/voting guide for judges? I don't want to go in blind, but there's just so many...

For where, Chicago?

Injustice Watch rates judges every year. Their guide'll come out next week.

Voteforjudges.org includes 12 bar association rankings, Tribune, etc etc. by chicagoappleseed.org.