Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have a pretty bad head cold, had to take another day off work, so when I went to The Little clinic to double-check and make sure this wasn't bronchitis, the doctor said no it was just a cold and told me to buy something called Umcka. it wasn't until I got home and actually looked at the box she gave me that I realize this is homeopathic bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
I spent half a minute hunting around for my headphones only to realise they were already on my head.

I'm pretty sure nobody saw me but I still feel pretty silly.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

My desk chair at home stopped letting me lean back. It's locked in an upright position and I can't seem to get it to let me lean back again. The knobs under the chair don't seem to help in any way. This happens every once in awhile, too.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

frogge posted:

My desk chair at home stopped letting me lean back. It's locked in an upright position and I can't seem to get it to let me lean back again. The knobs under the chair don't seem to help in any way. This happens every once in awhile, too.

Find the lever you use to make it go up and down and try pulling it out, as if you were trying to remove the handle

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

My God that fixed it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I randomly stumbled into a bit of an X-COM rabbit hole (bunch of videos concerning additions/expansions I never played, mostly). The problem is that I simultaneously remember enjoying it and being annoyed by it in equal measure. Plus, I don't own those additions/expansions and can't really afford to buy them, so I'd just be playing a game I'd ultimately be annoyed by.

I think I'll be able to ride out this desire by watching youtube videos and laughing at idiots who aren't reloading to prevent bad outcomes, but I still want to play it :(

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Are you talking about the 2014 XCOM Enemy Unknown? Because that's £5 on gog.com, and it's regularly on offer for less.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

Are you talking about the 2014 XCOM Enemy Unknown? Because that's £5 on gog.com, and it's regularly on offer for less.

I already have the core game on Steam, so whatever price it is on another platform is immaterial. The annoyance is that even if I did buy it (anywhere), I'd still prolly not be in the mood to actually, you know, play it because of sheer :effort:

It's not like any of the x-packs got rid of having to savescum left and right to get anything done appropriately. Last time I played I had the energy to deal with that, but not today :(

unrelated, mini FWP is that my internet is Annoying Slow (tm) right now. Completely fine for browsing and poo poo, but I'm just out of it enough that I'd like to watch some youtube videos (maybe about XCOM), but lol if it is going to buffer anything more than a minute or so.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 04:10 on Jan 28, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

May I suggest NOT save scumming?
Yeah, losing a cadet sucks but it makes the game better if you feel the actual sting of loss.

Not every attempt will have you beat the game but you learn more and more.

Eventually you know exactly what to do and show those invading assholes what for.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

May I suggest NOT save scumming?

I'm not sure if there's an emoticon on SA that's the equivalent of a dog head doing that confused quarter turn, but if there was - and there should be - what? No, just no.

Not sure if this counts as content as a FWP, but I was getting something from the kitchen when I noticed a shadow near my garbage bin. "heh, if that shadow was a bug, it'd be a big loving bug."

Now I have a sealed up garbage bag with a big loving bug in my garbage that better not get out. Doubly FWPy is that I feel terrible about sealing up a living thing that I'll be rapidly chucking into a cold dumpster tommorow.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I had to buy a new belt sander, but harbor freight doesn't allow their 20% off coupons on their house brand anymore so I had to pay full price like a god damned plebian.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm taking way too many goddamn pills for various illnesses. And not the fun ones that involve ordering weird poo poo from eBay at 4am.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My period is kicking my rear end something fierce.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mikl posted:

My period is kicking my rear end something fierce.

Same for my wife, so now I have to take care of her even though nothing will truly satisfy her for the next week.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

When I turn on my Xbox my tv randomly turns on and off for like 90 seconds.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I unsubscribed from all the food channels on Youtube (Bon Appetit, all the travel vlogs like Mike Chen, etc) because I think they were helping me get fat. Gained like 15 pounds since December.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a house but get paralyzed with how much I need to do in the next six weeks before I move.

Overall it's not that bad, I've done more in less time, but uuuhgggghhh I own a HOUSE and that's just not okay.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I recently started working from home 1-2x a week and it's been great. The place next to us is a rental and we got new neighbors. What's not so great about that, you ask? The guy that lives there has weird work hours, too, and is one of those mouth-breathers that'll fire up his Harley at random times during the day and lets it idle and revs it occasionally for I swear to God hours before he puts it back in the garage having not even taken it on a trip or anything.
poo poo is super distracting when I'm trying to work from home and actually get poo poo done. More than our dogs losing it when the mailman comes but that's thankfully only five minutes tops.
I almost want to ask him if he needs help with his bike since I had an old Honda that didn't need as much work as he seems to be needing to put into his bike, but that would almost certainly start a fight because dudes like that get real tetchy about their bikes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mu Zeta posted:

I unsubscribed from all the food channels on Youtube (Bon Appetit, all the travel vlogs like Mike Chen, etc) because I think they were helping me get fat. Gained like 15 pounds since December.

Maybe get your thyroid checked? That seems like way more than food alone could do.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm fat and that's pretty normal for 2 months if I eat fried chicken sandwiches a lot. I'm slimming down again.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

frogge posted:

I recently started working from home 1-2x a week and it's been great. The place next to us is a rental and we got new neighbors. What's not so great about that, you ask? The guy that lives there has weird work hours, too, and is one of those mouth-breathers that'll fire up his Harley at random times during the day and lets it idle and revs it occasionally for I swear to God hours before he puts it back in the garage having not even taken it on a trip or anything.
poo poo is super distracting when I'm trying to work from home and actually get poo poo done. More than our dogs losing it when the mailman comes but that's thankfully only five minutes tops.
I almost want to ask him if he needs help with his bike since I had an old Honda that didn't need as much work as he seems to be needing to put into his bike, but that would almost certainly start a fight because dudes like that get real tetchy about their bikes.

Have you tried kicking his rear end?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I have gross knuckle pads on my right hand. I'm trying a salicylic acid treatment on them to hopefully soften them up and let them heal and regrow the skin properly. It'll take at least a few weeks for solid results and I just wish they would get better immediately.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Wow, those digital cooktops they use in the Bon Appetit videos seem really convenient and useful. I wonder if...

...haha, nope! :saddowns:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I want to buy a slim wallet/money clip but literally everything has RFID blocking that prevents me from keeping my subway pass in my wallet so I can just keep the card in my wallet and tap it on the reader instead of having to take the card out.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Some of my audio playback software has buttons to skip forward/back fifteen seconds and for others it’s thirty seconds at a time.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My friend won't stop trying to sell me shakeology for my Lyme and joint hypermobility problems.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Executive dysfunction

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I took the trash out tonight and in the fifteen seconds I was outside, my three year old locked me out of the house. My wife was at work, so I had to call my mother at 9:30 to come let me in. When we get inside, my daughter is emerging from the pantry with a bag of mini marshmallows.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Leavemywife posted:

I took the trash out tonight and in the fifteen seconds I was outside, my three year old locked me out of the house. My wife was at work, so I had to call my mother at 9:30 to come let me in. When we get inside, my daughter is emerging from the pantry with a bag of mini marshmallows.

Ah, her heist went off without a hitch I see. All according to plan.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

Ah, her heist went off without a hitch I see. All according to plan.

Oh, man, a game like Monaco but involving a team of children Getting Away With Stuff would probably be a critical darling.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I honestly wasn't sure whether to be mad or not. She's 3, so it's not like she quickly made a plan (or maybe she did, but this is the same kid who will headbutt the fridge and make sure you're looking before saying "Ow!") to obtain the marshmallows. However, I do commend her for her ability to make the best of a bad situation. I'm fairly certain her plan at that point was to eat marshmallows and watch Green Eggs and Ham.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
That's a pretty solid plan tbh.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Leavemywife posted:

I honestly wasn't sure whether to be mad or not. She's 3, so it's not like she quickly made a plan (or maybe she did, but this is the same kid who will headbutt the fridge and make sure you're looking before saying "Ow!") to obtain the marshmallows. However, I do commend her for her ability to make the best of a bad situation. I'm fairly certain her plan at that point was to eat marshmallows and watch Green Eggs and Ham.

You say that, but that sounds like she's just training to be the next Sam-I-Am (spoiler for Green Eggs and Ham believe it or not!)

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My lovely cheap headset gave up the ghost, and I sent an RMA form and it was approved and all, but now I need to package the drat thing properly for a return and schlep to the post office with it, and it's all just so much EFFORT for a 25 € headset :effort:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I made a New Year's resolution to write more and joined a critique group run by the local parks and rec for feedback. The group might be disbanding because one of the members is a poorly socialized gamer who constantly interrupts people and writes Fallout fanfic and another person is a conspiracy theorist who went on a rant about how the coronavirus was invented in a UK lab in 2015 and believes Trump's misspelled and nonsense tweets are a sign he is God. I just wanted good critique dammit.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Grabbed the earbuds with the headphone jack this morning before work. Thanks for removing the option to use it Apple, you butts.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I swear the point of waterproofing smartphones and removing things like headphone jacks is to gently caress over home repair and to get you to buy proprietary accessories.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I mean, yes of course, and painfully transparently so.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How are stores allowed to have acai bowls on the menu that doesn't contain any acai? A lot of them are just frozen fruit slushes made from strawberreis, bananas and blueberries with some granola on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

I got a new washer and dryer which are cool, but the washer is front loading and when I take clothes out they all come in a huge clump and some fall on the floor before I can put them in the dryer.