Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who won the debate
This poll is closed.
Hillary (haha!) 49 32.03%
Bernie 17 11.11%
Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. 87 56.86%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

mrmcd posted:

And then instead of just stopping with that weak tea took a big ole poo poo in his own cup by adding "broads just can't take a joke, you know?"

The audible groans from the audience at that line were easily the most satisfying part of the whole debate. The stupid gently caress actually thinks people buy into his poo poo when they’re not pretending to for scraps of his fortune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Semisomnum posted:

The audible groans from the audience at that line were easily the most satisfying part of the whole debate. The stupid gently caress actually thinks people buy into his poo poo when they’re not pretending to for scraps of his fortune.

It owned

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Water Resistant posted:

Hillary won 12% more of the vote than Bernie (over 3.5 million votes). If there were no super delegates, which would be great, then Bernie was toast in 2016, which is why he then changed his tune in May 2016 and knew that the only way he could get more total delegates is trying to convince the super delegates to vote for him. Bernie didn't lose in 2016 because of super delegates, he lost because he didn't get enough votes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2016/5/6/11597550/superdelegates-bernie-sanders-clinton

Sorry my friend, you are being a loving idiot. The superdelegates didn't wait until the convention to come into play. They were controlling the entire primary from start to finish. Here is the Iowa results from 2016 -> https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/primaries/states/ia/Dem A result where Clinton and Sanders were 49.9% and 49.6% of the results, earning 23 and 21 delegates. Except Clinton also gets all 6 Super Delegates. Right from the start.

Here's New Hampshire -> https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/primaries/states/nh/ Bernie wins 60% of the vote, Superdelegates make the delegate count 16-15 in his favor.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Chuka Umana posted:

Good morning,

Have we gotten a comic of Klobuchar voring Buttigieg and making GBS threads him out into a diaper?

I cannot wake up to another morning of this - MODS!!!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
in 2012 Mitt Romney was the rich candidate who got into trouble when it came out his personal helipad was annoying his neighbors and that he had applied for a car elevator for his vacation home garage. Bloomberg has spent more than Mitt Romney's entire net worth of his own money using just the interest off his net worth. And it was just to be the most humiliated man in the world for an hour

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

in 2012 Mitt Romney was the rich candidate who got into trouble when it came out his personal helipad was annoying his neighbors and that he had applied for a car elevator for his vacation home garage. Bloomberg has spent more than Mitt Romney's entire net worth of his own money using just the interest off his net worth. And it was just to be the most humiliated man in the world for an hour

fully expecting bloomberg to try to take new york in a robot suit by the end of this

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Stop stop I can only be so erect

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Semisomnum posted:

did he actually say "broads can't take a joke"?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Lol at super delegate guy

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

An under appreciated moment last night was Buttigieg sanctimoniously whining about the toxicity of the primary and how Bernie was responsible for inspiring bad behavior, then spending the rest of the night shouting at Klob and acting like a petulant brat.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

stuffed crust punk posted:

did he actually say "broads can't take a joke"?

said “women who didnt like a joke of mine”

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
The democratic national comedy central roast of mayor Bloomberg

Weedle
May 31, 2006

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/1230512844971618304

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

jarofpiss posted:

said “women who didnt like a joke of mine”

Not women, just a gender-ambiguous "they". He went out of his way to muddy the waters by weakly implying it could be "the man or the woman or it could be more than that".

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Holy poo poo, mitt was worth $250 million in 2012 and Bloomberg has dropped more than $300 million so far

Goddamn that is an indictment of Democrats

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i legit think that bloomberg joined this contest because he, as he said, hangs in the same circles as trump and has always had a bit of a condescending view of the man because, well, he's a buffoon and not a real billionaire etc who cannot be more successful than he, michael bloomberg

in this sense, the election of trump really was an own of the hyper-rich,, a triumph of their objective interests as a class over their subjective interest as individuals

bloomberg's money is powerful, but it transfers imperfectly over to him. in the end, for all his dosh, he's never going to be as successful as trump. so sad.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

spacemang_spliff posted:

Holy poo poo, mitt was worth $250 million in 2012 and Bloomberg has dropped more than $300 million so far

Goddamn that is an indictment of Democrats

bloomberg really is *inconceivably* rich. like, sanders is pretty wealthy with less than a thousandth of bloomberg's assets

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This should be posted everywhere imo

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

V. Illych L. posted:

i legit think that bloomberg joined this contest because he, as he said, hangs in the same circles as trump and has always had a bit of a condescending view of the man because, well, he's a buffoon and not a real billionaire etc who cannot be more successful than he, michael bloomberg

in this sense, the election of trump really was an own of the hyper-rich,, a triumph of their objective interests as a class over their subjective interest as individuals

bloomberg's money is powerful, but it transfers imperfectly over to him. in the end, for all his dosh, he's never going to be as successful as trump. so sad.

He only joined because he knows Bernie can beat Trump and he doesn't want his taxes going up. Trump made him a fuckload of money in tax cuts and estate tax repeal, he doesn't care if Trump is in office.

Bloomberg is the never-Bernie candidate.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

transcript, for what it's worth

quote:

TODD: Guys, guys, we are at the end here. We are at the end here. I've got to let that one go.

We are less than two weeks away from a national primary. And I want to ask all of you this simple question. There's a very good chance none of you are going to have enough delegates to the Democratic National Convention to clench this nomination, OK?

If that happens, I want all of your opinions on this. Should the person with the most delegates at the end of this primary season be the nominee, even if they are short of a majority? Senator Sanders, I'm going to let you go last here, because I know your view on this.

(LAUGHTER)

So instead, I will start with you, Mayor Bloomberg.

BLOOMBERG: Whatever the rules of the Democratic Party are, they should be followed. And if they have a process, which I believe they do...

TODD: OK, I'm trying to do this yes or no to make it fast.

BLOOMBERG: ... everybody else -- everybody can...

TODD: So you want the convention to work its will?

BLOOMBERG: Yes.

TODD: Senator Warren?

WARREN: But a convention working its will means that people have the delegates that are pledged to them and they keep those delegates until you come to the convention.

TODD: Should the leading person?

WARREN: All of the people.

TODD: OK. All righty. Vice President Biden?

BIDEN: Play by the rules.

TODD: Yes or no, leading person with the delegates, should they be the nominee or not?

BIDEN: No, let the process work its way out.

TODD: Mayor Buttigieg?

BUTTIGIEG: Not necessarily. Not until there's a majority.

TODD: Senator Klobuchar?

KLOBUCHAR: Let the process work.

TODD: Senator Sanders?

SANDERS: Well, the process includes 500 super-delegates on the second ballot. So I think that the will of the people should prevail, yes. The person who has the most votes should become the nominee.

TODD: Thank you, guys. Five noes and a yes.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
It was the last thing asked before they went to break and came back for final words, right? This is incredible

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

He only joined because he knows Bernie can beat Trump and he doesn't want his taxes going up. Trump made him a fuckload of money in tax cuts and estate tax repeal, he doesn't care if Trump is in office.

Bloomberg is the never-Bernie candidate.

nah if this were the case he could've thrown his absurd wealth behind someone who was actually a democrat and had a shot, this is ego

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

best thing about that last question was watching candidates beg for voters they just said shouldn’t matter immediately afterwards

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

V. Illych L. posted:

nah if this were the case he could've thrown his absurd wealth behind someone who was actually a democrat and had a shot, this is ego

It's both. Bloomberg is explicitly never-Bernie AND vastly overestimates his own abilities

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

V. Illych L. posted:

his ego makes him think he's that candidate though

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Daikloktos posted:

It was the last thing asked before they went to break and came back for final words, right? This is incredible

yeah

cuck todd sucks rear end but this was absolutely the best question of the night and i'm shocked he found his balls long enough to ask it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Weedle posted:

transcript, for what it's worth

It's going to be a sight to behold

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

V. Illych L. posted:

True, but he has also publicly stated that he will do that for anyone knowing that Bernie won't take his money so he's effectively playing both fields. :shrug:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jewel Repetition posted:

It's both. Bloomberg is explicitly never-Bernie AND vastly overestimates his own abilities

ofc he's never-bernie, but that's not why he's running - i doubt bloomberg sees a sanders presidency as a credible threat. he's running because *he* wants to be president, and i think he wants that because trump has it and he looks down on trump

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Gringostar posted:

yeah

cuck todd sucks rear end but this was absolutely the best question of the night and i'm shocked he found his balls long enough to ask it

he definitely didn't expect everyone but bernie to reject the popular vote lol

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Chuck Todd Supercuts looking hair

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gringostar posted:

yeah

he 100% thought that all of them would lie through their teeth about the popular vote now and be all surprised when the DNC anoints one of them as the chosen but nope. masks came off

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

V. Illych L. posted:

ofc he's never-bernie, but that's not why he's running - i doubt bloomberg sees a sanders presidency as a credible threat. he's running because *he* wants to be president, and i think he wants that because trump has it and he looks down on trump

this is my thinking as well. he would have run republican but unseating a incumbent is insanely hard while the democrats had no real front runner

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

if the rule you follow destroys the party, of what use was the rule

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

He does see a Sanders presidency as a credible threat. He was going to run third-party in 2016 if Bernie got the nom, even knowing he would certainly lose, just to take Sanders down with him

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/Mike_Agresta/status/1230305490745405440

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wasn't he like 15 years younger 4 years ago

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

Wasn't he like 15 years younger 4 years ago

yes

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

jesus christ its like someone sucked his life force in the past 4 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

wet_goods posted:

I cannot wake up to another morning of this - MODS!!!

the official mod position is that you might in fact be able to