Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Calling Midoriya by his first name always throws me, because no-one calls him that in the show. It trips me up when reading in this thread because I’m always ‘which one is Izuku again?’

Uraraka calls him Izuku, I think? I think she maybe only call him Deku now.... But I think it's just her and his mom.

He's the one person who gets all three names used a lot. Izuku, Midoiya and Deku. Contrast with say Bakugo. I don't think anyone ever calls him Katsuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Still waiting for his hero name to be codified as Kacchan

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

NikkolasKing posted:

Uraraka calls him Izuku, I think? I think she maybe only call him Deku now.... But I think it's just her and his mom.

He's the one person who gets all three names used a lot. Izuku, Midoiya and Deku. Contrast with say Bakugo. I don't think anyone ever calls him Katsuki.

I am pretty sure she calls him Deku as she was the reason why he started to associate anything positive with that name.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Vinylshadow posted:

Still waiting for his hero name to be codified as Kacchan

"The No. 2 Hero, Kacchan" will be etched on to his soul.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think we've had it pointed out before that Fire Quirks are some of the most common and Electricity Quirks are not only rare but highly valued outside of the Hero Industry in general.

Couldn't they just use fire from the fire quirks to generate electricity?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The only person who calls him Izuku besides his mom is Toga.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

If Avatar the Last Airbender taught me anything, it's that electricity is just shiny fire.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

If Avatar the Last Airbender taught me anything, it's that electricity is just shiny fire.

This is true. And you can redirect electricity through your body if you breathe right.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A Bug posted:

Sato is going to have his breakthrough moment when Lunch Rush goes rogue.

Maybe Sato will go on a crossover side story arc and get trained by some of the characters in Food Wars :D

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1230567862194102272?s=19

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’ve definitely already seen this at Hot Topic a month ago.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve definitely already seen this at Hot Topic a month ago.

That's loving adorable.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Glad to get a sillier arc after doom and gloom for so long

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Me too. Even the villain is fun and quirky!

Also, Eri in normal clothes is adorable.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Poor Mineta can't play guitar because of his character design.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Can we have a spin off series of Gentle's crime spree?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

pointlessone posted:

Can we have a spin off series of Gentle's crime spree?
What do they call those series with short episodes that only last like twelve minutes? Something like that

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

get out of my teeth

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Jackard posted:

What do they call those series with short episodes that only last like twelve minutes? Something like that

That would be just about perfect. Episode flow would be the manifesto on the injustices of the target, meticulous planning, cunning heist like executions, culminating in the inevitable success and video posted over the ending credits.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Who did Jiro's singing? And was that a translation of the opening theme she was singing?

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I'm really digging Gentle and La Brava's whole deal. Is his quirk some kind of cartoon physics thing? No spoilers, just the effect when he and La Brava jumped onto the rooftop felt a bit like that and it would be really powerful in a fight.

But the highlight was All Might teaching Deku how to make pressure waves. Having him go in detail with the mechanics of One For All and building on the stuff Deku's developed up until now was really neat, shows how far he's come as a teacher that he can bring it all together like that for his student now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm just surprised it took Deku this long to realize All-Might dialed it back in public. Dude must have been restraining himself constantly to avoid being viewed as a bigger villain than All For One.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Shyrka posted:

I'm really digging Gentle and La Brava's whole deal. Is his quirk some kind of cartoon physics thing? No spoilers, just the effect when he and La Brava jumped onto the rooftop felt a bit like that and it would be really powerful in a fight.

But the highlight was All Might teaching Deku how to make pressure waves. Having him go in detail with the mechanics of One For All and building on the stuff Deku's developed up until now was really neat, shows how far he's come as a teacher that he can bring it all together like that for his student now.

Not going to spoil it but you're not far off. It's a very cool quirk concept that he uses creatively. It's kind of like something you'd get out of Jojo where the basic concept has a lot of uses.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Me too. Even the villain is fun and quirky!

Also, Eri in normal clothes is adorable.

Now this can finally be revealed

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Aizawa has the hideous set of clothes for one frame in the opening

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kild posted:

Now this can finally be revealed

I died, I am dead. This is too cute.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah, Overhaul is a huge jerk who wants to take over the world and eradicate Quirks. Gentle just wants to make YouTube videos of his fairly benign crimes. He didn't even rob the guy in the last episode.

Also, I have to wonder if All Might ever ran into Gentle if he's been active for six years. I can just imagine All Might walking right past him without realizing he was a villain.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 22, 2020

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Gentle Criminal is a bad guy, but he's not a "bad guy."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, Overhaul is a huge jerk who wants to take over the world and eradicate Quirks. Gentle just wants to make YouTube videos of his fairly benign crimes. He didn't even rob the guy in the last episode.

Also, I have to wonder if All Might ever ran into Gentle if he's been active for six years. I can just imagine All Might walking right past him without realizing he was a villain.

all might absolutely did at one point cross paths a goatee'd man in an oversized cape, hands clasped behind his back, whistling an innocuous tune

"what a pleasant fellow," all might thought

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

I'm just surprised it took Deku this long to realize All-Might dialed it back in public.

I mean, he forgot he had legs that one time.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I got a good laugh out of Tokoyami taking up the guitar to avenge Mineta’s character design

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lunar detritus posted:

I mean, he forgot he had legs that one time.

Have you ever seen All Might do a kick? Of course Deku forgot!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kwyndig posted:

I'm just surprised it took Deku this long to realize All-Might dialed it back in public. Dude must have been restraining himself constantly to avoid being viewed as a bigger villain than All For One.

I would’ve loved to see All Might make a World of Cardboard speech.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Out of curiosity, is Jiro’s actress actually fluent in English or did someone else do the singing there?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jirou's seiyuu is supposed to have a background in singing I believe.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love Gentle's theme.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love how he has no idea how to pour tea yet keeps doing the no look pour anyway.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, is Jiro’s actress actually fluent in English or did someone else do the singing there?

Based on my experience, singer can sing in whatever language even if they have no knowledge of said language.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kwyndig posted:

I love how he has no idea how to pour tea yet keeps doing the no look pour anyway.

Gentle has the misfortune of being an anime character who tries to do anime things, but he's bound by the laws of how reality would work in those situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love Gentle's theme.

I love Gentle. Also only took me two tea pouring’s to realise he’s the kid in one of the photos.