Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

exquisite tea posted:

Not very cleanly but I did try!

It fooled me until the second time she levitates up through the atrium so I think it qualifies. Game looks gorgeous. I'm forever behind the times with games but I would like to play it eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Mega Man X: Command Mission seems to have gone out of its way to make item shopping a terrifying experience.

Looks really ugly for a PS2 era game.

edit: It looks worlds better outside of chat. The merchant was just particularly ugly to look at.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 2, 2019

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

Looks really ugly for a PS2 era game.

Eh, it's not the best, but I wouldn't say it looks completely terrible or anything. I'm also standing in an area with pretty terrible lighting, which is made worse by talking, which dims out the stuff behind it.

This is a better lit area, actually running around

It honestly looks much worse at the default resolution. I'm playing with the textures at something like 4x, and some other graphical stuff going on under the hood. These are screenshots of me talking to the same character, one at default and one at what I usually run.

It's a fun enough game, but it was not particularly Capcom's highest priority at the time, so it's a bit rough around the edges in most areas, including visually.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Dirt Rally 2

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sininu posted:

Dirt Rally 2

drat, nice looking game.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Mordja posted:

drat, nice looking game.

DR1 looked pretty good as well, I'll see about posting some of my old shots here later.

Dying Light, Black Ops III, Wreckfest

Divinity Original Sin

CoD: Advanced Warfare

NFS: Hot Pursuit and Subnautica

I loved wrecking cops before their introduction cutscene even started :V

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Judgment (PS4)

The real joy is in the animations though, I hope some gifs are okay.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Also Judgment:

FFVIII Remastered

Some pre-rendered / real time blending. Very fancy in 1999.

https://giant.gfycat.com/NegligibleQuickBackswimmer.mp4

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I feel that every game with jukeboxes should give you the option to pirate the music to take along. (Metal Saga, PS2)

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Metal saga is fantastic. :allears:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

Metal saga is fantastic. :allears:

It is. I love it.

I of course :filez:-ed the game from the arcade machine too.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
https://imgur.com/ocXS0ti

Hoping short videos are allowed - When Ski Lifts Go Wrong meets the OSHA thread.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Untitled Goose Game

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

And here comes a second stretch of PTSD caused by the NES original thanks to reading this over 15 years ago.

The most unhelpful moment of Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Or indeed, the most unhelpful moment of all Resident Evil:

Gee, thanks.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

And here comes a second stretch of PTSD caused by the NES original thanks to reading this over 15 years ago.

The most unhelpful moment of Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Or indeed, the most unhelpful moment of all Resident Evil:

Gee, thanks.

Literally played this the other night and noticed the same thing. I wanna know how it's been modified!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

When I was a kid, my mom brought home a "loaner" IBM PC and a big box of disks, most of which were games, from work. I don't know whose they were or where they came from, but I stubbornly beat every motherfucking one of them, including The Three Stooges. I had never seen a Three Stooges film. It didn't matter.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Light Gun Man posted:

I wanna know how it's been modified!

Obviously by taking a Glock 17 and modifying it. Pay attention!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Second stage of Round 6. It's been over 25 years since I first saw this (watching a family member play) and it's still surprisingly ominous stuff for a Sega MegaDrive game.

Pastry of the Year posted:

When I was a kid, my mom brought home a "loaner" IBM PC and a big box of disks, most of which were games, from work. I don't know whose they were or where they came from, but I stubbornly beat every motherfucking one of them, including The Three Stooges. I had never seen a Three Stooges film. It didn't matter.
Christ. I thought I had it rough as a kid when I forgot to take most of my GameBoy library with me on a trip once and had to grind away getting good at poo poo like "The Amazing Spider-Man" (spoiler: nothing amazing in that crap). Oh how I yearned for my Wario Land cartridge to turn up in my coat pocket or magically discover everything else in the back of the car, but no. I was stuck with The Amazing Spider-Man and Elevator Action. For an entire loving week.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spider-Punk Belongs Behind Bars!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Tekken (PlayStation, 1995)

Get a load of this poo poo:

This is just insulting.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Yakuza 5

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spider-Man

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I know you freaks been playing video games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Beastie posted:

holy poo poo, i gotta get this game.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Beastie posted:

it's a VERY good game

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A moment of carefree bliss? Or a faceplant from being hit by a truck?

HOW DO I SHOT WEB

Going for some Alex Ross style

Can't believe I never tried screenshotting this move before

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Finally got around to getting some stuff off my PS4:

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Control

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires

Persona 5: Royal

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

In Soviet Russia...

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Detroit: Overcome Cheesy Writing in 4K with stunning visuals

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

Last week I finished Subnautica. I encountered a few bugs in the game, but it was pretty fun!

Can't wait to play Below Zero.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Red Dead Redemption 2

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Eastshade is a very chill open-world adventure/exploration game from a small indie studio where one of the main mechanics is that you make paintings for people, which are essentially screenshots with a slight "oil painting" filter applied.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Destiny 2 can do some really nice visuals....