Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

Bryan wasn't kidding about that Raquel Gonzalez promo. Just caught it on YouTube and it's like watching an AI taught to speak in only inWWE lingo trying to cut a promo.

Got a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
https://youtu.be/79me1UWI_00

I don't think I made it 30 seconds.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

JT Smiley posted:

Bryan wasn't kidding about that Raquel Gonzalez promo. Just caught it on YouTube and it's like watching an AI taught to speak in only inWWE lingo trying to cut a promo.

It wasn't so much her speaking but the fact that there was zero body movement.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

vince mcmahon would never cough

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sleepwalkers posted:

b-, maybe a c+. too easy. need to replace "losing" with "coughing" and "craft" with "body." see me after class.

c-. need to look up vince mcmahon

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Cavauro posted:

c-. need to look up vince mcmahon

no and you can't make me

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

TL posted:

What really annoys me is how he tries to talk through the cough rather than getting it out of the way and continuing.

Nothing stops the San Jose steamroller. Not even coughs.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

mariooncrack posted:

Nothing stops the San Jose steamroller. Not even coughs.

The fallacy is that it is up to the steamroller. It is up to the object... whether it will be flattened or not.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The fallacy is that it is up to the steamroller. It is up to the object... whether it will be flattened or not.

Jericho managed to parry Big Dave's attempts to steamroll him, that's why he's the goatest of all time.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

https://youtu.be/79me1UWI_00

I don't think I made it 30 seconds.

My God this is awful. And it's not the lack of body movement because Dakota was all over the place and it was still painful.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Take a shot every time someone on WWE programing says the word opportunity.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Large Sonya is really bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sleepwalkers posted:

no and you can't make me

B+

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

My God this is awful. And it's not the lack of body movement because Dakota was all over the place and it was still painful.

The complete lack of emotion and the way she paused after every sentence like she was trying to remember what to say next is really what did it

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

TL posted:

What really annoys me is how he tries to talk through the cough rather than getting it out of the way and continuing.

Seriously. If I were talking to someone who did this IRL, I’d immediately walk away.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

broadcaster & journalist "big" david meltzer can neither talk nor write

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Can cough like a champion though.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I've been listening to a lot of Dave Meltzer while playing the second half of Red Dead Redemption 2 lately and I've been genuinely confused as to who is dying of tuberculosis multiple times

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I listened to AEW's podcast tonight with Moxley, hosted by Tony Schiavone and Aubrey Edwards and it was pretty great. Moxley is a hell of a character, Tony is the straight man and Aubrey is just the best wrestling nerd/goofball. It was very entertaining.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I'm listening to it now and it's real good, just got to the part where he wakes up to a knife fight :allears:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I had a cold in December and still have a cough and my doctor said not to worry until March.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

your doctor could be planning on blowing up the city in march. You have to leave

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The bit at the end of the Moxley podcast where he talks about Renee being his suger-mama :allears:

"I can look like Arn Anderson!"

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Rick posted:

I had a cold in December and still have a cough and my doctor said not to worry until March.

Yes but are you 60+ and almost certainly on steroids?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rick posted:

I'd also be worried if I'm in poor health and Super Tuesday doesn't work out for Sanders.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Benne posted:

What's Ryan Ward up to these days? He's the writer who got most of the credit for golden-age NXT and 2016 Smackdown, then he basically fell off the face of the Earth.

Probably the same burn out that happens to anyone that makes an effort.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Yukaichiban posted:

what on earth would be the point of doing steroids as Dave meltzer. he’s not getting paid for anything athletic

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That very thing is a lot of peoples' hobby

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Yukaichiban posted:

One of the two . . .

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Benne posted:

What's Ryan Ward up to these days? He's the writer who got most of the credit for golden-age NXT and 2016 Smackdown, then he basically fell off the face of the Earth.

Got replaced by Roadddd Doggggg as Head Writer at Smackdown, probably realised that he wasn’t going to get the chance that Hunter’s buddies get.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

dave just has great genetics man

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He does an extra set for every bad segment on Raw, and he’s just gotten more and more jacked these last few years

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If Dave doesn't maintain his physique the divorce will become a reality, do what needs to be done imo.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

He does an extra set for every bad segment on Raw, and he’s just gotten more and more jacked these last few years

It’s like the Portrait of Dorian Gray, only the painting is WWE’s booking quality and Dorian is Dave’s swoleness.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The weights, they talk to him

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Nyla is on the newest Talk is Jericho.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The bit at the end of the Moxley podcast where he talks about Renee being his suger-mama :allears:

"I can look like Arn Anderson!"

I saw this before listening and Moxley's delivery was so great I still laughed at the line.

Also, he mentions AEW doing a Dublin show. And NXT UK just announced theirs? :thunk:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pretty sure the Dublin show is an indie date Moxley is doing with David Starr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

loving Dublin? How is Ireland even a real place.

Come to Canada you geeks half your roster is from here