Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

HM: Tag Team Battle Royale, AEW Dynamite, 19/02
HM: Kris Statlander vs. Shanna, AEW Dynamite, 19/02
MOTYC: Lucha Bros vs. Kenny Omega/Hangman Page, AEW Dynamite, 19/02
HM: Cody vs. Wardlow, AEW Dynamite, 19/02

Nthing these. Jeffu versus Jonathan was fun, but not quite HM level for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Roppongi 3K (C) vs. The Mega-Coaches for the IWGP Jr Tag Team Titles - New Japan Road 2/20

This was a really good match and the teamwork on display and the story of Rocky and his beautiful Japanese sons being on opposite sides of the match was really well put together.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Roppongi 3K (C) vs. The Mega-Coaches for the IWGP Jr Tag Team Titles - New Japan Road 2/20

This was a really good match and the teamwork on display and the story of Rocky and his beautiful Japanese sons being on opposite sides of the match was really well put together.

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the Never Openweight Championship - New Japan Road 2/20

I know you're going to be shocked but turns out these two have REALLY loving GREAT CHEMISTRY!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW New Japan Road, 20/02

BEEF

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Motyc: Shingo (c) v Ishii for the iwgp never openweight championship- new Japan road 20/2

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/19

HM: Tag Team Battle Royal
HM: Kriss Statlander vs. Shanna
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Jeff Cobb
HM: Cody vs. WARDLOW in a Steel Cage Match
MOTY: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (C) vs. The Lucha Bros for the AEW Tag Team Titles

What a loving show.

Yeah, this seems about right.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Shingo Takagi, NJPW New Japan Road, 20/02

BEEF

nth

There was too much good wrestling last night.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
HM: Alex Colon vs. Takashi Sasaki - GCW Run Rickey Run 2/15
MOTYC: Matthew Justice vs. Matt Tremont - GCW Run Rickey Run 2/15
MOTYC: Nick Gage vs. Rickey Shane Page - GCW Run Rickey Run 2/15

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Zack Sabre Jr, RevPro High Stakes, 14/02

Don't let this one get lost in the shuffle, it's up on NJPW World and totally worth your time. It's like if wrestling was chess.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I’m very excited to watch that one, especially since the previous one is the last New Japan match I have watched this year.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Punch McLightning posted:

I’m very excited to watch that one, especially since the previous one is the last New Japan match I have watched this year.

The only issue I had with it is RevPro's production is kinda shite. They had a hardcam set up but hardly ever used it in favour of really awkward angles that sometimes miss the action.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Evil Badman posted:

HM is the sweet spot for that cage match. Cody blading in the first five minutes is ridiculous and only happened because they had no time.

What is ridiculous about it? Blood should come pretty early, especially against a heel who is smashing a babyface.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MassRafTer posted:

What is ridiculous about it? Blood should come pretty early, especially against a heel who is smashing a babyface.

It was 2:30 into the match. Wardlow's offense to that point was: a back elbow, a clothesline, and two face-first throws into the cage.

There's an immediate distraction after the second throw for Cody to blade, and that just killed any suspension of disbelief I had then and there.

It is a very good match, that moonsault was absurd, but the whole thing was pressed for time on the stacked card. "Cody bleeds in big match" was a checklist item that didn't need to be beelined to so blatantly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Evil Badman posted:

It was 2:30 into the match. Wardlow's offense to that point was: a back elbow, a clothesline, and two face-first throws into the cage.

There's an immediate distraction after the second throw for Cody to blade, and that just killed any suspension of disbelief I had then and there.

It is a very good match, that moonsault was absurd, but the whole thing was pressed for time on the stacked card. "Cody bleeds in big match" was a checklist item that didn't need to be beelined to so blatantly.

It's not a checklist item it's an important part of the drama of the match. The smaller man, bloodied by the bigger man being beaten down. You want the blood to be there for the heat. When someone is going to take a beating from a monster, do the blood early to establish what a killer he is.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Jerusalem posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/19

HM: Tag Team Battle Royal
HM: Cody vs. WARDLOW in a Steel Cage Match
MOTYC: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (C) vs. The Lucha Bros for the AEW Tag Team Titles

Nth these.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the Never Openweight Championship - New Japan Road 2/20

I know you're going to be shocked but turns out these two have REALLY loving GREAT CHEMISTRY!

Nth

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

NienNunb posted:

HM: Cody/ Wardlow, Steel Cage match, Dynamite, 2/19

Lemme get an Nth on this one too, please!

That was a good rear end 12 minute cage match.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
MOTYC: Nyla Rose vs Riho - AEW Dynamite 2/12

Not convinced these 2 can have a bad match

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Rarity posted:

Don't let this one get lost in the shuffle, it's up on NJPW World and totally worth your time. It's like if wrestling was chess.

Jerusalem posted:

NTH. Ospreay vs ZSJ would have been even better if the production was on NJPW level and not revpro. I felt like I missed some really big spots.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Sure wish I could've seen these live, stupid power company

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

Nth, god this was good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll second the HM for R3K vs the Coaches and Shingo vs Ishii for MOTYC.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

Nth, that was transcendent. Best boys.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. NXT guys - watch this match before you try your "no selling" again and take note of how Ishii does it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM For Mega Coaches and Roppongi 3k and MOTYC for Shingo vs Ishii

I think Shingo/Ishii may be the best match I've seen this week god drat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Guerillas of Destiny (C) vs. Golden Aces for the IWGP Tag Team Titles - New Japan Road 2/21

Started slow and I wasn't really feeling it but the back half just got better and better, had a fantastic false-finish and an even better actual finish.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr Vs Will Ospreay. RevPro High Stakes 14/02

Everything their recent NJPW match was and more. They teased things from the first match, they clearly love working together and the crowd was absolutely nuclear. These two are barely in their primes yet and they're making a case for them being the two best British wrestlers of all time

Very happy to add the required 7th to this one, what a match. Even RevPro's not particularly good production values brought it down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm watching that match tonight, I can't wait

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I initially had Oku/Phantasmo down as an MOTYC but deleted it because I figured I had boss from being there live.

I'll re-add it as an HM because on rewatch, it's still an incredible match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Updated the nomination, I'd have had no idea you had deleted it if you hadn't posted this as I'd already counted it as a MOTY nomination!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MOTYC: Michael Oku vs El Phantasmo (C) for the Undisputed British Cruiserweight Title, RevPro High Stakes 2/14

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Guerillas of Destiny (C) vs. Golden Aces for the IWGP Tag Team Titles - New Japan Road 2/21

Started slow and I wasn't really feeling it but the back half just got better and better, had a fantastic false-finish and an even better actual finish.

2nd

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Nth both of these. The backdrop sequence as a reset in the second match was so good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

These RevPro commentators need to learn how to monitor mic levels, Jesus Christ

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

nth this

Was sat watching on my phone while getting madder & madder that my bus didn't turn up. Worse ways to kill 45 minutes or however long the video was but mate, the bus was due at 7:20 & I didn't get on a bus until 8:40 so Stagecoach right now can jump in a fire. Unlike Ospreay & ZSJ who deserve better than being watched on a phone with one eye on the rapidly depleting battery.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

These RevPro commentators need to learn how to monitor mic levels, Jesus Christ

It reminded me of the old ROH DVDs I'd get which would open by blasting out the sounds levels and whose mics always sounded like they were peaking.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Man, I thought this match was just loving awful

WMOTYC: Toru Yano&Colt Cabana&Ryusuke Taguchi VS Shingo Takagi&"King of Darkness" EVIL&BUSHI - OPENWEIGHT 6-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH NJPW Road To Show 2/21

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Man, I thought this match was just loving awful

WMOTYC: Toru Yano&Colt Cabana&Ryusuke Taguchi VS Shingo Takagi&"King of Darkness" EVIL&BUSHI - OPENWEIGHT 6-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH NJPW Road To Show 2/21

Not a fan of Yano comedy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I Before E posted:

Not a fan of Yano comedy?

I like Yano, but this was dreadful in every way even beyond the comedy