Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

But i want one as a neighbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/mrpibmo/status/1230559250407014401?s=20

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

eshop so you don't have to complain in here when amazon fails to get it to you on time.

(I dont know anything about pre-order bonuses but im probably getting digital since its the kind of game you always want on system anyways.)

Target had a notebook/journal, GameStop had a double-sided poster, and Wal-Mart had a tote bag. Best Buy let's you pay an extra $5 for a plush bell bag.

At this point I don't know which of the pre-order items is still available though. Target seems to constantly go out of stock, only to reopen late at night for a bit.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Like others said, just get some NFC stickers and download the data of the villagers you want.

Speaking of which, is there anyway to do that without having an Android?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

Like others said, just get some NFC stickers and download the data of the villagers you want.

Speaking of which, is there anyway to do that without having an Android?

They make reader/writers you can plug into your PC, but nobody does since we all have phones with nfc these days. If you mean apple IDK

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I am in awe about being able to customize every part of your island. I am going to make myself crazy trying to design the perfect neighborhood.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Willo567 posted:

I already own that card

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I mean, Amazon has two copies of the Bob card for $25 and $30...
Also, if you don’t have a Reddit allergy, the community https://www.reddit.com/r/AdoptMyVillager/ is for trading villagers for other villagers, bells, etc.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Having 3 AC amiibo and some amiibo cards, I don't want to sully the amiibo magic with cheats, no matter how convenient :shrug:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
lmao there is already fanart of the punk chameleon

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Compilation of all the video clips on the website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPf0O-cSwdk

Look at all this pocket space :eyepop:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Kharmakazy posted:

They make reader/writers you can plug into your PC, but nobody does since we all have phones with nfc these days. If you mean apple IDK

I have an Android, but it's one of the older models and doesn't have NFC capability

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Does the iPhone not have nfc capability? Pretty sure I’ve read that it does.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/liliuhms/status/1230587201362092032

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I remember this, poo poo was crazy.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Captain Monkey posted:

Does the iPhone not have nfc capability? Pretty sure I’ve read that it does.

From what I've read, NFC is limited to certain Iphone apps such as Apple Pay.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I hope they clarify the extent of the Pocket Camp cross promotion asap, that's the only part that I didn't absolutely love. What a wonderful direct.

I'm also one of those types who won't be doing any terraforming, too lazy and uncreative, but I am hype for chill island days.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Lol, you're toxic but glad someone has her. I actually did get Bob from the two pacs I bought so that's nice.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Can you buy counterfeit cards or what

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh my lord she IS getting wasted

https://twitter.com/Kaittycat/status/1230613619123068928?s=19

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

indigi posted:

Can you buy counterfeit cards or what
Yeah, I know at least for the Sanrio cards there are lots of counterfeit cards. This person (first I saw on google) sells them for way cheaper. I'm on iOS so can't read/write NFC like androids can to the same flexibility. I think some people sell keychains as well.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

What an amazing Direct. It answered all the questions I had with the best possible answers. And I never expected terraforming!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm also one of those types who won't be doing any terraforming, too lazy and uncreative, but I am hype for chill island days.
I want to keep things naturalistic and not totally overhaul the island as I get it, but terraforming is going to be incredibly useful for just tidying things up. If there's a place you want to put a shop, but there's a bit of a pond in a way or the river is one tile too close, you'll be able to correct it.

And especially the way the ramps seem to work, they're going to look terrible if you don't terraform them into the cliff.

It's going to be fun what other people do with it. I tend to only play games with my irl friends, but I'm curious to see what goons get up to with all these tools available to them.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/status/1230673943385628672

I guess this is implying there's 383 potential villagers in New Horizons? Like at launch I guess and then maybe more will be added someday in the future possibly I dunno.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Looks like even jailbroken iOS still can't make amiibo's.

I'll be offering my services once I find out how often you can invite from scanning. I ordered a few hundred stickers a while back for this.

Going to limit myself to one or two, so my island's growth will feel somewhat organic.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oxyclean posted:

eshop so you don't have to complain in here when amazon fails to get it to you on time.

(I dont know anything about pre-order bonuses but im probably getting digital since its the kind of game you always want on system anyways.)

I've never gotten nso, are there any bonus deals on that that I can still benefit from?

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Fritzler posted:

Lol, you're toxic but glad someone has her. I actually did get Bob from the two pacs I bought so that's nice.

didn't mean 2 come off as being lovely. my bad

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

lol. can you blame her?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

woo, just added my FC to the list, I'm very excited for this. I got New Leaf when it came out but i didn't keep up with it because i didn't always have my 3DS around, but I always have my switch around, and have a much better internet connection than I did last time.

I also have an AC switch on preorder because it's so loving pretty. Get hype.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/VikingSkirts/status/1230587880998932480

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Where the gently caress is Wendell

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

post your amiibos or cards. I wanna see em :yeshaha:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

prepuce repurposed posted:

didn't mean 2 come off as being lovely. my bad

No don’t worry. It made me laugh. Pretty funny.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

"family friendly beverage like Apple juice?!" Who adds ice cubes to apple juice?

As amusing as the booze jokes are I find it funny that apparently everyone forgot what iced tea was.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Here some villagers that are new in Horizons

https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1230531597017010176?s=20

I need that baby blue goat. hes my spirit animal

Oxyclean posted:

"family friendly beverage like Apple juice?!" Who adds ice cubes to apple juice?

As amusing as the booze jokes are I find it funny that apparently everyone forgot what iced tea was.

Motherfucker, it aint Ice tea unless its got that lemon on the side. Get out of here with that tea bullshit.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I wish we could have fox villagers.

Hihohe posted:

Motherfucker, it aint Ice tea unless its got that lemon on the side. Get out of here with that tea bullshit.

Clearly they don't have access to lemon trees yet. :colbert:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Isabelle had the mayor run out on her to go smash other people and then got roped into helping him, no poo poo she gets plastered every night.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I just want all the horrifying villagers like Coco, Tangy, Peck, Stitches, Biskit, Lucky, Ribbot, Clay and Zucker

goin full on weird town

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

this is going to be the wind waker of life sims. I'm on island time just dreaming about it

maybe you unlock a raft

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

That horse is a sassy cutie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/hardware/amiibo/game/acbaa/list.html

Looking at this chart, the Sanrio cards won't let you invite villagers to the game, so those seem to (for the time being) not be returning to New Horizons, but you DO get their poster (a new version of the portrait I guess) it says. So you don't have to worry about acquiring those specific cards for now.

All the other Welcome Amiibo cards will work in every instance though.