Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

You tell him that “over because of YouTube” is still over?

i tell him a lot of things but in the end he finally admitted aew has been better than nxt the last few weeks so for now i am happy, wwe brain poisoning is real and the effects are catastrophic

e: he helped get me back into wrestling via his love of njpw though so idk people are complex creatures

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Being over because of YouTube is a hell of a lot better than being over because of some of the attitude era gimmicks.

Plus The Best Friends can loving go.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Scoot Tatum has to be the name of my 80s throwback coke addled pitcher in MLB The Show next year.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Was also during his retirement tour, and yeah, he picked the name Chuck Taylor when he was 14 and he's been wrestling 20 years now so he feels like he's stuck with it.

For better content, here's all the names he came up with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifolC4Nt140

Oh god I forgot about this. I loved when Chuck was just using those names in CHIKARA/on Twitter. "Hard Wood" Rich Mahogany and Touch Phillips were my favorites. So good. They need to just let him cut loose on AEW Dark sometime

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

What will it take for Kota Ibushi to retire? is 'nothing' the answer? I refuse to believe this man will retire of his own free will. Ibushi could be a head in a jar and that head in a jar will still figure out how to do a phoenix splash to Kenny Omega on their 100th wedding anniversary.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If the poo poo Kota’s done already hasn’t killed him, I don’t see small-time nonsense like “old age” or “cancer” doing much to him

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ChrisBTY posted:

What will it take for Kota Ibushi to retire? is 'nothing' the answer? I refuse to believe this man will retire of his own free will. Ibushi could be a head in a jar and that head in a jar will still figure out how to do a phoenix splash to Kenny Omega on their 100th wedding anniversary.

Death and even then it's a toss-up

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Death and even then it's a toss-up

Kota will get lost trying to cross the river Styx.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

he considers the best friends as just over because of youtube

I myself consider Stone Cold as just over because of TV.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
absolute garbage angle

https://twitter.com/DreamWWE/status/1230621375989211137

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus Christ just abandon that stupid loving aspect of the angle, I'm begging you :cripes:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ just abandon that stupid loving aspect of the angle, I'm begging you :cripes:

WWE: *doubles down*

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Are they genuinely trying to bury this guy

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

lol wait he's wearing gloves made from her lacey panties? I dunno why but that just gets me so hard... oh man.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
I wonder if he regrets the “call me up, Vince” tights now...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He doesn't

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Dream going old school maga for this feud

https://twitter.com/katieloud/status/731630273746587649?s=19

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You are just THE WORST Prince Cosplayer oh my gods...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jesus even for a cuck angle (how the gently caress is that just a genre in wwe now?) “you’re wife gave me her panties and I’m wearing them” gave me pause.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

STAC Goat posted:

Jesus even for a cuck angle (how the gently caress is that just a genre in wwe now?) “you’re wife gave me her panties and I’m wearing them” gave me pause.

Genre? It sounds like it's the only angle in WWE now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I never saw the guy wrestle and at this rate, I won'tbother to make the effort. Just zzz level stuff there.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
You know, I never thought an angle would skeeve me out more than when Dusty Rhodes and Tully Blanchard fought over who Baby Doll "belonged" to back in the 1980s, but congrats WWE, you've finally managed to find one that does.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656?lang=en

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's really creepy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Can I assume he's the face? I mean that makes no sense because I don't want to be anywhere near him now, but he is going against Roderick Strong and surely he's not the face, right?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

STAC Goat posted:

Can I assume he's the face? I mean that makes no sense because I don't want to be anywhere near him now, but he is going against Roderick Strong and surely he's not the face, right?

He is.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am feeling like the only characters I am certain would be more uncomfortable than that tweet are along the lines of 'actual pedophile'.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There's a long list, but being the tip of the shameful HHH-berg is not where you hoped to see Dream go.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well I've never seen the Velveteen Dream wrestle and I haven't seen this feud play out but for the first time in my life I'm rooting for Roderick Strong to beat that sleazy creeper talking about his wife's panties and claiming to be wearing them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is this bullshit on Dream or is he being told to tweet this poo poo? He's supposed to be the face

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Faces keep their wives in line in WWEland. To have a wife exhibit agency is the epitome of shame. Unless the wife is actively involved in the narrative, in which case she's the devil and you're still a shameful lump of crap.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dango Bango posted:

Is this bullshit on Dream or is he being told to tweet this poo poo? He's supposed to be the face
He's a face working closely with HHH so, what do you expect?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChrisBTY posted:

Faces keep their wives in line in WWEland. To have a wife exhibit agency is the epitome of shame. Unless the wife is actively involved in the narrative, in which case she's the devil and you're still a shameful lump of crap.

unless you're Stephanie, then, well you're just the greatest.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Spiderdrake posted:

I expect somebody whose wife didn't take his name to not do this. HHH that is to say.

coconono posted:

unless you're Stephanie, then, well you're just the greatest.

Sometimes I wonder if Ol' Paul is in a hell of his own design. I sure hope so.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Remember when people thought NXT was proof WWE would be amazing once HHH took over and we wouldn't have bad angles?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

People will still say that like Vince is 100% running NXT now and him and HHH don't have the exact same sense of humour.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Racism

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That's for Bianca, but don't worry, goons loved the match where the build was two blonde women acting like she wasn't good enough and then during the match Rhea spanked her. Soon she'll lose to Charlotte too and get no revenge for Charlotte booting her from the rumble.

I hope to be wrong on that one.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I haven't been following that NXT angle (or any), and I realize it's yet another stupid cuck angle. That said, "my lace gloves are made from your wifes panties" is really loving funny to me, as someone who has not been cursed to watch this dumbass angle play out. Didn't he already do the Rick Rude thing, with the wife airbrushed on the tights? If so, this stupid cuck angle is at least producing some funny poo poo instead of the godawful neverending drudgery of Rusev/Lana/Lashley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6_ZJE5xsEE