Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Feeling the urge to roll an (8th? I think?) Stalker on indom. not counting the bad gimmick ones that failed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

My favorite new post-shutdown weirdness is all the proc math and testing going on because it enables a whole new avenue of building.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have a Kinetic Melee stalker and he's a blast. Those animation sets rule and doing a big AoE blast out of stealth never gets old.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

If you make a non stalker /ninjitsu, you can crit from stealth on any class. crit from stealth iwth a titan weapon character. put a stealth io in the ninjitsu stealth power you have as its 2nd pick

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Tsurupettan posted:

My favorite new post-shutdown weirdness is all the proc math and testing going on because it enables a whole new avenue of building.

Procced out Super Strength being a monster all over again is really funny to me for some reason. Set refuses to go quietly into the night!

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I have a vague peripheral awareness of proc builds and the mechanics behind them but have never actually seen one, anyone care to post? Anything that breathes new life into energy melee and super strength has my interest.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Nonexistence posted:

I have a vague peripheral awareness of proc builds and the mechanics behind them but have never actually seen one, anyone care to post? Anything that breathes new life into energy melee and super strength has my interest.

You'll find most of the energy melee and SS stuff in the tanker thread for them. There's also example builds through the thread.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/9305-proc-monsters-tanker-edition/

The concepts easily port over to other ATs with those sets but they're a bit less useful on sets that already have good damage scaling. But it's still good to understand how they work because, for example, if you're a scrapper with a gapless chain already, but you're actually over recharge on the chain, you may be able to cut some recharge and fit in a proc.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Okay I have some time on my hands. And I'm sorry to say Soonmot's version of Goonbox was horrible. Not my Goonbox. So. Please be patient. I'm working on:

GOONBOX NOTES

REMOVED BATHROOM SIGNS I still can't believe that a careless joke in Goonbox predicted North Carolina and the rise of Nazis. We live in the weirdest timeline.

RESTORED Merged SHOVAR Goonbox alpha content with Soonmot Modified Goonbox RESTORED MANY OLD ITEMS EXPECT PROBLEMS IF I SHARE THIS WHICH I WON'T

MOVED Hassan Chop and Inigo Montoya from weapon sounds to honking horns. There's no way that will bite me in the rear end

REMOVED "There's a chink in my armour" billboard meme. Blame FOX.

REDONE Villian Bank Missions DMX is out in bank missions as well as the rest of it. Bank audio is completely redone. It was a Bad Idea. Enjoy the new stuff

-IN PROGRESS- Totally redone Sonic powerset in the same vein of the successful Electric powerset from back in the day. Only with vocals.

-Tried to keep all files, by merging some new stuff in places before notes were written. No ideas are lost. Just moved. I love the new stuff! I'm just old and don't get it.

- Reshuffled the auto audio so meow meow car and others have priority over AINT GONNA PAY TAXES, etc. Trucks playing Convoy may become annoying.

WOULD LOVE TO FIX TEXTURES AGAIN BUT NONE OF THE TOOLS OR PLUGINS ONLINE WORK

...Still in progress

Ramen Pride! fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 20, 2020

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Ramen Pride! posted:

MOVED Hassan Chop and Inigo Montoya from weapon sounds to honking horns. There's no way that will bite me in the rear end

loving blasphemy.

Also, please name Goonbox 2 or Modern Goonbox or something to divide the 2.

I could potentially do new images and whatnot but I have tried all the 'free' image editors out there and nothing can compare to the Photoshop tools.
Even Gimp (what a piece of crap).

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

OgNar posted:

Goonbox: The Next Generation

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001

OgNar posted:

loving blasphemy.

I could potentially do new images and whatnot but I have tried all the 'free' image editors out there and nothing can compare to the Photoshop tools.
Even Gimp (what a piece of crap).

lol

How About Goonbox: SWAN SONG EDITION

Like, I really hope I don't have to re-edit this poo poo in ten more years because of the centipede vagina billboard

As far as the .texture problem, I have TONS of ideas and images to use but... drat, I can't get Photoshop or Gimp or Irfanview or anything to open City of Heroes .textures or/.dds no matter what plugins I throw at them. I think it might be a Windows 10 thing because in the past this was possible. I mean it didn't used to be this weird. Maybe it's just the aged tools? I do know that when I ripped the model for Shoves to 3D print it I had to use Windows 7 and an older graphics card.

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
Oh, like I mentioned, here are 3D Shoves results. Like I mentioned, the software to grab it does not work in Win10 or with modern graphics cards. The box I can still pull this crap from is the last of the great AGPs.

It seems we are in a range where older tech sometimes can pull off miracles that new tech can't.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ramen Pride!
Jan 13, 2001
I'm so annoyed at the .texture problem I may do something I haven't done in over a decade and download a hex editor. Supposedly the Coh problem between .Texture and .dds boils down to like 42 bytes at the beginning of the file.

Wow. Everything old is new again.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

S.D. posted:

Goonbox: The Next Generation

How do you not do Goonbox: The Next Gooneration?

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
gently caress... gently caress!!!!

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ramen Pride! posted:

Like, I really hope I don't have to re-edit this poo poo in ten more years because of the centipede vagina billboard

if this game is still here in ten more years it'll be a welcome solace against the white supremacist vagina centipedes that will surely have arisen by then

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Have played around with melee a bit, Dual Blades/Electric scrapper is amusing me. Is it possibly better as a stalker? I've never really tried one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dual Blades, like Dual Pistols is ooookay but is way more style than substance.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dual Pistols can put out some pretty good damage if you load it up with procs but that isn't special and it doesn't compare to something like Fire.

That said who cares it's fun as hell. My Dual Pistols/Dark Miasma Corruptor is still my favorite character to play.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Dual blades is one of the highest damage output sets in the game as long as you ignore the combos. It is a real winner.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Platonicsolid posted:

Have played around with melee a bit, Dual Blades/Electric scrapper is amusing me. Is it possibly better as a stalker? I've never really tried one.

As someone who has played a lot of Dual Blades stalker, do not play a Dual Blades stalker. It's kind of rear end. It works far better on other melee ATs - it doesn't mesh well.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Tempest_56 posted:

As someone who has played a lot of Dual Blades stalker, do not play a Dual Blades stalker. It's kind of rear end. It works far better on other melee ATs - it doesn't mesh well.

Cool, thanks, will stick with scrapper. And I like Dual Blades for style. Aren't superheroes all about style? :-)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I seem to remember liking this game way back when. Time to see if flying around shooting people is still good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

angerbeet posted:

I seem to remember liking this game way back when. Time to see if flying around shooting people is still good.

Even without the nostalgia trip (which hit me HARD), it's still fun as hell.

Roll and Energy/Storm Corruptor for maximum goofiness.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I rolled after having only played a bit of retail and yeah game is fun and probably holds up if you played before. It's super easy to have a bunch of alts because there's a 1,000 charavter limit and you can double your xp at the cost of inf from drops

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I need to redownload and play again. Arrr Kelly the Urinomancer Pirate needs to roam again

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
My main fire blaster in live was Pyroclastic Flow. I was able to get that name YEARS into live. It's taken on Indomitable. I sense a vast conspiracy. :tizzy:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Comfortador posted:

My main fire blaster in live was Pyroclastic Flow. I was able to get that name YEARS into live. It's taken on Indomitable. I sense a vast conspiracy. :tizzy:

I tried that and Flo with a fire controller when this went public and had no luck

jbone
Jan 25, 2004

bigeaux, it's showtime, chah
Somehow, I didn't find out about this until yesterday.

Is Discord pretty much the only way to find folks? I don't really use it actively.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/ is where all the cool kids are. :ssh:

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

jbone posted:

Somehow, I didn't find out about this until yesterday.

Is Discord pretty much the only way to find folks? I don't really use it actively.

This should work /chanjoin GoonSquad
Edit your tab to make a new tab for GS and add that channel

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

Tempest_56 posted:

As someone who actively plays Dual Blades Stalker, do play one instead. It hits insanely hard with its attack chain and 1k Cuts gets a range bonus on Stalkers for no discernable reason, making it go from 'bad' to 'passable'. Also you get to trade out Blinding Feint for a constantly resetting Build Up that lets you one-shot lieutenants with Sweeping Strike.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Iterating is important.

https://twitter.com/Relicmouth/status/1230680421186191360

https://twitter.com/Relicmouth/status/1230760584339025920

Trying to get the proportions of Sharknife is next to impossible but I love the comic so much that I gotta try.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't stop

The world's only living vampire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKuEtAyTPtg

"Tit Liquid" was taken so he's named "Horehound".

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I need to redownload and play again. Arrr Kelly the Urinomancer Pirate needs to roam again

I remember grouping with you a few months back. That's an inspired character right there.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

DangerDan posted:

As someone who actively plays Dual Blades Stalker, do play one instead. It hits insanely hard with its attack chain and 1k Cuts gets a range bonus on Stalkers for no discernable reason, making it go from 'bad' to 'passable'. Also you get to trade out Blinding Feint for a constantly resetting Build Up that lets you one-shot lieutenants with Sweeping Strike.

I'm guessing that they're taking placate and trying to use empower instead of just ignoring the DB combos (except for Sweep) which is actually really awkward compared to Scrapper, yeah. I'd put Stalker DB ahead of Scrapper DB (non-bio) if you're ignoring the combos.

DB Stalker feels pretty good if you ignore the combos (which you want to also ignore on every other version of DB) except for Sweep.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Inzombiac posted:

One of these days I'm gonna get a Street Justice or Titan Weapon character going.

I just can't find a secondary that really clicks with me and keep defaulting to Willpower.

I have a Justice/Willpower Brute and she is an absolute beast. Probably my favourite build.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm guessing that they're taking placate and trying to use empower instead of just ignoring the DB combos (except for Sweep) which is actually really awkward compared to Scrapper, yeah. I'd put Stalker DB ahead of Scrapper DB (non-bio) if you're ignoring the combos.

DB Stalker feels pretty good if you ignore the combos (which you want to also ignore on every other version of DB) except for Sweep.

Well, not quite because yeah the combos are awkward. I generally build my stalkers around 'kill THIS motherfucker right now' ST damage - DB really lacks the one-two-possibly-three up front punch to ruin a dude. Obliterating single hard targets is what stalkers excel at. DB's pretty good for a stalker in AOE terms, but if you wanna do that why not play an AT that's better at it?

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
Sweeping strike hits as hard as many ST attacks and it cleaves for free. Ablating is an A+ attack as well, then you just pick a T1 or 2 filler for your ST chain on Stalker DB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Deadmeat5150 posted:

It's digital man!