Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol so many people thought we would end up in a tom Clancy reality, but instead we have lurched into Dean koontz territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightySwine
Nov 19, 2013
Some people have been asking details of my ozone generator that I use in attempt to decontaminate outside clothes/groceries.

This baby has flow rate of 3g/hour of pure life ending O3 goodness. I run it for 10 minutes inside the bathroom. Not sure what peak concentration is, but I can detect at least 5ppm after a period of time. For obvious reasons I do not want to open the door and to find the real value when it is on.

Outside of bathroom I get about 0.07ppm for an hour or so. EPA work limit exposure is 0.1ppm for 8 hours so this is reasonably safe.

Having to wait 2-3 to take a piss is annoying thought.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/nycjim/status/1230675095426871298

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

That plane looks absolutely cavernous without all the overhead bins. But no TV screens in the seat backs so it also looks really lame.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Plague Force One.

Has trump declared himself to be an expert in diseases yet?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
He said warm weather come april will snuff it out. Of course turmp thinks he's an expert.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

People who believe we live in a simulation are just one rung below the flat-earthers in terms of stupidity

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

MightySwine posted:

Some people have been asking details of my ozone generator that I use in attempt to decontaminate outside clothes/groceries.

Well, not really "asking for details" so much as "sorry that you got scammed, here's a list of resources explaining why you should stop using an ozone generator; wait why are you saying that you want to keep using it anyway?" I guess "what is wrong with you" can be construed as asking for details...

lol at using EPA-set workplace limits for your home, anyone want to guess what the EPA's guidance on ozone generators for home use is? They suggest not using ozone generators at all, because indoor ozone generators are both ineffective and hazardous for home use

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
First three homegrown cases in Italy thanks to an asymptomatic super spreader. 60 people already in quarantine and two towns under voluntary confinement. poo poo can't be contained.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1230825093539999744

Welp, gg Middle East. Sounds like Iran was going LA LA LA NO CORONAVIRUS HERE until they couldn't pretend any more.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
We should just spread it to everyone and get it out of the way: then everything would be back to normal by April instead of dragging on into next year.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Well, except for the people who died from it, I guess.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

Well, except for the people who died from it, I guess.

Survivors suffer permanent damage, and the virus can mutate to worse version, so

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tei posted:

Survivors suffer permanent damage

Emotionally, or what do you mean?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I can't not read "super spreader" as someone doing a goatse like maneuver and the new thread title doesn't help.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

alphabettitouretti posted:

Plague Force One.

quote:

Trump, Feb. 10: Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hope the wall can protect mexico from all the contaminated americans

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Known Lecher posted:

Welp, gg Middle East. Sounds like Iran was going LA LA LA NO CORONAVIRUS HERE until they couldn't pretend any more.

I was told Iran was trying to downplay it until the election, which is today.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Emotionally, or what do you mean?

they lose breath power, I believe, don't take it from me

you don't want to get this bug even if you don't pass to anyone or you (magically) know you will survive

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

alphabettitouretti posted:

Plague Force One.

God I hope he catches it.

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019

Tei posted:

they lose breath power, I believe, don't take it from me

you don't want to get this bug even if you don't pass to anyone or you (magically) know you will survive

I read in the Cspam thread there is permanent testicular damage too. Phone posting or I would try to find it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you can't say if the damage is permanent or not because nobody has had the virus for more than two months (plus a bit possibly). odds are with time people's lungs etc will heal fine

besides if you're in the 80% with mild symptoms you'll just get a small rash or something

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Children of men was an excellent movie. That's probably the next movie to binge on after Contagion

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

another case has popped up in the US. i haven't found if they're from quarantine or not though

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

another case has popped up in the US. i haven't found if they're from quarantine or not though

Doesn't matter since he needs to show up at the doorknob licking factory on monday

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Known Lecher posted:

Lol meanwhile Indonesia still has no cases...

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Having 1500 dollars at once is an insane amount of money op.

Well, it’s AU$1500. That’s like a buck fifty in USD. But US$1500 is also just over 5 week’s paychecks if you’re at absolute minimum wage so while it’s definitely a lot to save, it’s hardly “insane”.

Mordja posted:

Lmao rich people don't go on cruises, at least not regular commercial ones.

One caveat: Rich gays go on the Atlantis cruises. (Seriously, the 5-figure suite tickets always sell out within minutes. Chartering a yacht is nice, but a thousand-man floating orgy is nicer.)

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 21, 2020

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
The virus is well into the prison system.

quote:

State reports of 512 coronavirus cases on Friday traced back to four prisons in mainland China, including two in Hubei, the center of the disease’s outbreak.

The incarcerated don't stand a chance.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
That's certainly one way to silence dissenters.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Well it’s not getting out of the prison at least.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Hopper posted:

Whoops, there goes the 2nd hand organ market.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hopper posted:

This bodes extremely poorly for the Uighurs in those concentration camps. We could end up with our second genocide of the 21st century (putting us on pace to beat the 20th century in the absolute worst possible competition).

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cruises are notoriously full of old people, a.k.a. Boomers. Sometimes they take their children and/or grandchildren as a treat. It's far more likely for a retired Boomer to have $1500 to throw away on fun than a Millennial or Zoomer.

I wonder if they turned off the air circulation on that plane? Otherwise, the plastic-lined exclusion zone would be at least as effective as the old non-smoking sections.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Luckyellow posted:

Children of men was an excellent movie. That's probably the next movie to binge on after Contagion

The Crazies remake with Timothy Olyphant and Radha Mitchell.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Cruises are notoriously full of old people, a.k.a. Boomers. Sometimes they take their children and/or grandchildren as a treat. It's far more likely for a retired Boomer to have $1500 to throw away on fun than a Millennial or Zoomer.

I wonder if they turned off the air circulation on that plane? Otherwise, the plastic-lined exclusion zone would be at least as effective as the old non-smoking sections.

You ever been on a carnival cruise? It’s all milllenials.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Airplanes don't recycle air. If they did, everybody on board would quickly suffocate or succumb to CO2 poisoning. What comes out of the vents in an airliner typically comes straight from outside via the engines' compressor sections. Pressurization is controlled by dumping cabin air through an outflow valve.

Airplanes are breeding grounds for disease because you're packed shoulder to shoulder with a couple hundred other people in a very dry environment that makes your mucus membranes less effective at stopping viruses and microorganisms. If the guy four seats away starts coughing, you're still going to be exposed to whatever he's hacking up directly, even though your vent air is biologically clean. It'd be theoretically possible to close off a section with plastic tarps in relative safety, because you'd shut down that direct route.

With that said, there's still not a chance in hell I would take that flight. Or any flight on the same plane afterwards, if I could help it. Commercial airliners are nasty and rarely deep cleaned - that takes time and money when they could be turning the many-million-dollar bird around for another flight.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Burt Sexual posted:

You ever been on a carnival cruise? It’s all milllenials.
No, thank God. And I did not know that; thanks!

Space Gopher, Airliners use a mix of recirculated and outside air.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Arsenic Lupin posted:

No, thank God. And I did not know that; thanks!

Space Gopher, Airliners use a mix of recirculated and outside air.

average age is the very very young 45 lol

lowest in the industry!

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
My poor mom must be freaking out having booked us on a cruise for June. Everything is paid for so it's in the gods'' hands now anyway.

The other thing that came to mind about covid19 being in the prison system is I wonder if they use p-traps in the plumbing there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
:sigh: ok fine you stupid corona, I bought a bunch of n95 masks and I'll go to the grocery store tomorrow and stock up on essentials