Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
All those Earthrise figures look pretttttty rad. Jetfire came in today too and holy poo poo is he a big boy. With lightpiping even!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We haven't even seen Snapdragon and Doubledealer yet.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Captain Magic posted:

Yeah that thing is badass; I got it in black.

i have him in purple, i bought him with the intent of just having him in combined mode with optimus, but i like him enough as a bot that they're separate on my shelf now

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I love that they managed to give Lynx a base mode, so he doesn't just transform from a big kitty to a rectangle. I can't tell, does Fasttrack come with Scorponok or is he sold separately? He looks like he's being treated like a separate figure, but he doesn't seem to fit any of the current size classes.

But that Arcee is abysmal and will probably be the first non-repaint WfC figure I pass on.

Rhyno posted:

Also Skorp is definitely an Omega Supreme retool.
...You are kidding, right?

Captain Magic posted:

I don’t know, do I want a Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime?

Prime shelf is running out of prime real estate.
Nah, not unless it's really cheap, or you really like Cybertron Prime and can't get the original. It's a pale imitation of Cybertron Prime, and not as good as the Ultra Magnus version of the mold.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Knormal posted:

Nah, not unless it's really cheap, or you really like Cybertron Prime and can't get the original. It's a pale imitation of Cybertron Prime, and not as good as the Ultra Magnus version of the mold.

fiiiiiiiiine

thanks

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Knormal posted:

I love that they managed to give Lynx a base mode, so he doesn't just transform from a big kitty to a rectangle. I can't tell, does Fasttrack come with Scorponok or is he sold separately? He looks like he's being treated like a separate figure, but he doesn't seem to fit any of the current size classes.

But that Arcee is abysmal and will probably be the first non-repaint WfC figure I pass on.

Fasttrack is a deluxe being sold on his own and he’s basically the same kind of figure as Brunt, Six Gun, and Cog.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What size class is that Sky Lynx? Commander? I need it, for reasons.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i'm torn on that skorponok. he looks really good but i kind of just want a like 12 inch tall skorponok to fit in with my MP guys

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't Skorponk supposed to be a big bastard though?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Burkion posted:

Isn't Skorponk supposed to be a big bastard though?

in the show yeah, but in the comics i think he's about grimlock's height

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nodosaur posted:

Fasttrack is a deluxe being sold on his own and he’s basically the same kind of figure as Brunt, Six Gun, and Cog.
Cool, thanks. I guess he just looks small in the renders for some reason.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

in the show yeah, but in the comics i think he's about grimlock's height
Scorponok and Fort Max both suffer from the same problem where, in G1 canon at least, their Headmaster should be the size of a normal human (okay, normal Nebulon), so while they should be bigger than an average Transformer they shouldn't be citybot-sized. I think both G1 continuities just ignored this, and in the cartoon they were citybots while in Marvel they were just kinda big regular guys.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Knormal posted:

Cool, thanks. I guess he just looks small in the renders for some reason.

Scorponok and Fort Max both suffer from the same problem where, in G1 canon at least, their Headmaster should be the size of a normal human (okay, normal Nebulon), so while they should be bigger than an average Transformer they shouldn't be citybot-sized. I think both G1 continuities just ignored this, and in the cartoon they were citybots while in Marvel they were just kinda big regular guys.

In the Headmasters anime at least, Zarak is depicted as being the same size as an average transformer before combining with his larger body. The new toy uses this as inspiration; the tiny little head guy attaches to an intermediary form based on his character model in that show that then becomes the scorpion body’s head. Basically they gave him his own Cerebros. As for size, the show seemed to put both Scorponok and Maximus around combiner height, with room for both of his heads to pilot them like vehicles from the inside.

Car Robots does an even more extreme version of this where the little guy who becomes the head of Brave Maximus’s head is himself Transformer sized, meaning Brave Max is several orders of magnitude even larger than Fortress is.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Goddamnit I guess I'm buying a skorponok now

Maybe that lynx too

Ugh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

Look at the torso, specifically the chest.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Rhyno posted:

Look at the torso, specifically the chest.

The torso that's a completely different size and shape than Omegas?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Other posted:

The torso that's a completely different size and shape than Omegas?

It's all there dude. Look at how big his head is compared to Fort Max's. That is a huge noggin which indicates the body is smaller. Or how the legs and hips form. It's extensive but it's clearly a retool.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

the guy from Semisonic posted:

IIRC, it was a cost-saving move when they released the toy. He was all black with no paint decos. Just a solid black lump.

drrockso20 posted:

So when they were developing the first wave of the A Real American Hero line they found out they wouldn't have enough budget to properly decal and paint the whole group, so rather than make the whole line look worse they decided that instead the way to go would be to have one figure have no paint or decals at all, and they fortunately had one mold that depicted a character who was fully covered from head to toe, this would become Snake-Eyes, and everyone involved found it both surprising and funny that the toy with no paint on it would end up one of the most popular figures in that first wave(probably didn't hurt that Larry Hama rather quickly established him as a badass in the Marvel comic)
Oh wow, I genuinely wouldn't have copped that. Having checked I am only familiar with the third version of the character.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
For the retool jury I present exhibit A.

Knormal posted:

You've missed a step for the cartoon. Fort Max's head is average Transformer size, it's that dude's head that is normal human/Nebulon size.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Omega attempting hot yoga at his age is admirable.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Tempted by Scorponok, never had a titan, and Zarak (as I assume the deluxe size guy is rather than the headmaster) looks cool as well.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Re: The Flametoys Windblade being cancelled:

http://imgur.com/a/CweGNtr

Yikes

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It has apparently been quite controversial on the twitters.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'd be sad if it was canceled instead of turned into a good model, since there's great details on there outside the completely wrong face, nipples and I am never getting over that robobutt panel whatever it appears to have. That poo poo is gonna haunt my nightmares.

Also what did these morons think was going to happen putting weirdo nipples on a toy specifically built around increasing the brand's inclusiveness?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Cancel all transformers that don't transform.

Alternatively, make the nipples wayyyy bigger and give them extreme aeriolas.

:colbert:

e: Real talk, is the front of this Astrotrain mis-transformed? I feel like the cab wheels should be on the same level as the others. Am I doing it wrong?

TheDK fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 21, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Arquinsiel posted:

It has apparently been quite controversial on the twitters.

Thew was calling out people who ragged on a woman for having the gall, the absolute nerve, to point out its problems.

Naturally the first response to it I saw was 'um BOTH sides are bad here.'

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TheDK posted:

Cancel all transformers that don't transform.

Alternatively, make the nipples wayyyy bigger and give them extreme aeriolas.

:colbert:

e: Real talk, is the front of this Astrotrain mis-transformed? I feel like the cab wheels should be on the same level as the others. Am I doing it wrong?

Yes, the front wheels can be pushed down.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Dawgstar posted:

Thew was calling out people who ragged on a woman for having the gall, the absolute nerve, to point out its problems.

Naturally the first response to it I saw was 'um BOTH sides are bad here.'
Yeah, he shot that dude down hard. Thew's being pretty brave here given how this is his livelihood he's taking a stand on.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Phy posted:

Yes, the front wheels can be pushed down.

Ahhh I just looked at the instructions more closely and got it. Much better. I was confused about what that step was trying to show me. Thanks!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm curious how much oversight Hasbro has had over this.

I'm afraid the answer is More Than Nothing considering how often this has happened with non transforming but still official Transformer girls.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Re: Big Firebird Arcee (the one even worse than Flametoys Windblade); I think if they had managed to keep their hands out of their pants while designing it, it would actually be pretty good. Like, I dig the car mode, it looks like a neat transformation, all the styling that isn't Maximum Horny looks like fun. It's just... there's so much of robot mode that is Maximum Horny. Blech. Even without the creep design, it wouldn't be more than an alternate take on Arcee, but heck, we just spent a couple pages establishing her G1 depiction's got its own issues.

Who knows, maybe they'll be the ones to go in on Hunk Springer, establish a name for themselves as Gender Equality Horny 3P. (this will never happen.)

Anyway
https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/02/21/war-for-cybertron-earthrise-smokescreen-megatron-battlemasters-revealed-405810

That's a second shuttle with the NASA worm. This is fantastic. And, Airwave's a crawler aircraft carrier (!) who is a Decepticon in white, orange and blue (!!).

Phy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 21, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Megatron is looking thick

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That is one UGLY partsforming thing Megs is holding there. Mayyyybe you can put it on his shoulder to emulate the gun barrel?

Rest of the stuff lookin' pretty nice, pretty nice.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Phy posted:

Re: Big Firebird Arcee (the one even worse than Flametoys Windblade); I think if they had managed to keep their hands out of their pants while designing it, it would actually be pretty good. Like, I dig the car mode, it looks like a neat transformation, all the styling that isn't Maximum Horny looks like fun. It's just... there's so much of robot mode that is Maximum Horny. Blech. Even without the creep design, it wouldn't be more than an alternate take on Arcee, but heck, we just spent a couple pages establishing her G1 depiction's got its own issues.

Who knows, maybe they'll be the ones to go in on Hunk Springer, establish a name for themselves as Gender Equality Horny 3P. (this will never happen.)

What we're seeing isn't the typical RiRFiB BS but with horny, it's a hate monger trying to worm into the TF fandom for his own monitary gains. Which people should take a hard stand against. unfortunatly it looks like Sirtoys and Peaugh don't get it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They’ve already harassed Jenevive(sp?) Frank off of twitter with a targeted harassment campaign for this figure’s sake, so I’m perfectly happy if it dies.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If I missed that the awful arcee or awful windblade people were even sleazier than I thought, I'm sorry; for my own sanity I keep my TF posting (and almost all reading) to this thread.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Anora posted:

What we're seeing isn't the typical RiRFiB BS but with horny, it's a hate monger trying to worm into the TF fandom for his own monitary gains. Which people should take a hard stand against. unfortunatly it looks like Sirtoys and Peaugh don't get it.

Peaugh got his take sorted out by Vangelus, at least.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hope this will have Flame Toys come back with a proper Windblade. It wouldn't be THAT difficult to take this and make it work, just

Don't be a creepy rear end in a top hat

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

from twitter:

the quint has some weird base mode like i guess we should have predicted. i think the alicon looks fantastic though

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Doubledealer looks like he's got some beefiness

And then weird windowed feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It's a model so all they really have to do is replace the chest and leg bits (or just include optional non-thirsty ones)