Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I made cacio e pepe tonight. Never tried to make it before. I know it's notoriously tricky but I wanted a challenge. It ended up working out alright. I think I used a bit too much pepper but the sauce actually emulsified and which is the hard part. It wasn't behaving at first, but I decided to ditch the utensil I was stirring with just toss it and it just started to work.

E: I made it again and improved. Except for tossing half of it out of the pan and onto my shoes. Dog was appreciative.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Way to out yourself as an indoor shoes wearer. Weirdo.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

prayer group posted:

Way to out yourself as an indoor shoes wearer. Weirdo.

We're in the midst of remodeling (particularly the demolition stage) so the floors are a disaster zone.

Though really, come to think of it, I do pretty often have shoes on even inside. Don't blame me, it's just how I was raised...

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 19, 2020

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Resting Lich Face posted:

We're in the midst of remodeling (particularly the demolition stage) so the floors are a disaster zone.

Though really, come to think of it, I do pretty often have shoes on even inside. Don't blame me, it's just how I was raised...

I was too but when we got new carpets a few years ago my wife insisted we go shoeless (well, wear house shoes/slippers) inside, and now wearing shoes inside feels barbaric.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Outside shoes in the house is gross.

I just wandered into BYOB for some reason, and dear god those folk are so drat chill. Is everyone just high or something?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

They're ironically nice to such a degree they're p much nice nonironically

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

dino. posted:

Is everyone just high or something?
yep

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Goons over the years made me think that Japanese Kewpie mayo was amazing so I finally bought some and it's meh. It's closer to miracle whip but not as bad. I'll stick to homemade 2 minute method mayo. Fuckin goons :argh:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

@Corat: why are you trusting weebs. Just look at the sugar content to know it’ll be gross like that miracle whip crap.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Also I just realized part of Kewpie's allure is the rich yolks but I buy pasture raised bug eating chicken eggs so that's pretty much what i expect now so maybe I'm just a snob. Fine have your stupid mayo.

Also dino I'm not high! I'm at work you silly.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 20, 2020

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Kewpie mayo is perfect on top of okonomiyaki, which I make just often enough to keep a bottle in the fridge. Other than that yeah, it's too sweet and nowhere near as good as homemade. And I grew up in a miracle whip household. Mom still makes coleslaw with miracle whip, sugar, and celery seed and I can't bring myself to hate it.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

bartolimu posted:

Kewpie mayo is perfect on top of okonomiyaki, which I make just often enough to keep a bottle in the fridge. Other than that yeah, it's too sweet and nowhere near as good as homemade. And I grew up in a miracle whip household. Mom still makes coleslaw with miracle whip, sugar, and celery seed and I can't bring myself to hate it.

Oh hey yeah it's about okonomiyaki time isn't it

What are thread favorite methods of making cabbage pancakes?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I've been using some sort of korean (I think) veggie pancake mix that I just add water to. Although I also add dashi powder and sometimes start by rehydrating dried shiitakes and using the liquid for that in the pancake mix (along with the shiitakes of course).

Last time I made them, I had no okonomiyaki sauce, so I mixed up some hoisin sauce, l&p and a touch of soy. And frankly I think I liked it better than the okonomiyaki sauce. So topped with that, kewpie mayo, nori flakes and bonito flakes.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I don't know about favorite, but my usual method is cutting the cabbage too large and then loving up the flip, so I get fried cabbage chunks around an awful disk.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Croatoan posted:

Goons over the years made me think that Japanese Kewpie mayo was amazing so I finally bought some and it's meh. It's closer to miracle whip but not as bad. I'll stick to homemade 2 minute method mayo. Fuckin goons :argh:

Yeah, I noticed when ppl started talking up Kewpie, but I'd take Duke's in a second if I could get it instead.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Stringent posted:

Yeah, I noticed when ppl started talking up Kewpie, but I'd take Duke's in a second if I could get it instead.

gently caress Duke’s. Nasty rear end mayonnaise.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
drat right.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Duke's rules kill yours elf

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
All grocery mayo is garbage just like grocery tomatoes

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

As a southerner (and therefore mayonnaise expert) Dukes is fine but overhyped. Hellman’s is the best off the shelf mayo imo.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

As a southerner (and therefore mayonnaise expert) Dukes is fine but overhyped. Hellman’s is the best off the shelf mayo imo.

Wrong!

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
One of my cooks wanted me to buy Kewpie for a dish he was pitching and we added a couple egg yolks and a tsp of sugar to a pint of our house aioli and it was basically Kewpie

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Don’t forget to add msg

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I have a msg allergy

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

pile of brown posted:

I have a msg allergy
Try just skipping the cutscenes.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

My local grocery store started carrying Dukes a few months back, and I wanted to try it because of the hype. It tastes pretty much just like Hellman's to me? So now I just buy whatever one is on sale :shrug:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I agree with this statement. I usually have a jar in the fridge because it lasts for effing ever and home made only lasts a week or so before I get skeeved out. I'm sure that's more that I store it in tupperware but whatever. Store bought is still largely trash though.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mayo chat:

Hellman's is the gold standard, but the Restaurant Depot store-brand mayo is very good value in terms of quality/price.

But the only mayo I ever liked as much as Hellman's is definitely Sir Kennsingtons. They have a really good vegan mayo, too.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I buy Sir Kensington's solely because of the entertainment I got from that one Condiment Expert thing on Epicurious so their PR there definitely worked on me

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I grew up in a Hellmann's household and it was the gold standard for me, but having lived in the south for a dozen years now, I'm a Duke's man through and through. It's just a lot more pleasantly tangier than Hellmann's, which is absolutely still a top-tier mayo but just nudged down into second place.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I keep Hellman's and Kewpie around. And I make my own mayo when appropriate.

Mayo is delicious and people who act like it's gross are food babbies who should be shunned.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Ketchup is still gross with the exception of chip buttys though.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

quote:

Mayo Ketchup is delicious fine and people who act like it's gross are food babbies who should be shunned.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Probably as good a time now as any to post/repost this:

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I love mayo, I love ranch powder as a seasoning, I love buttermilk. But somehow I just can't bring myself to enjoy ranch dressing. It is always too sweet and weirds me out, or at best I just wish it were blue cheese dressing instead.

Like it's literally my one food ick. Chicken feet? Century eggs? 140f sous vide chicken? durian? I'm happy to eat any of these, but ranch dressing I just can't do. idgi

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Casu Marzu posted:

Ketchup stanning

Ketchup is an overly sweet condiment that's used to get kids to eat things they don't want to eat so say what you will. Sure there's a time and place for it but I keep thinking back to watching my 8 year old nephew put about a cup on ketchup on his entire meal and that's just gross dude.

Also, why would anyone want a sickly sweet sauce on a good burger?

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 21, 2020

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Sextro posted:

I love mayo, I love ranch powder as a seasoning, I love buttermilk. But somehow I just can't bring myself to enjoy ranch dressing. It is always too sweet and weirds me out, or at best I just wish it were blue cheese dressing instead.

Like it's literally my one food ick. Chicken feet? Century eggs? 140f sous vide chicken? durian? I'm happy to eat any of these, but ranch dressing I just can't do. idgi

Have you only tried bottled stuff or have you had a good scratch made? Any ranch in a bottle I find is kinda gross, but I love making fresh stuff, even just with Hidden Valley seasoning packets.

Croatoan posted:

Ketchup is an overly sweet condiment that's used to get kids to eat things they don't want to eat so say what you will. Sure there's a time and place for it but I keep thinking back to watching my 8 year old nephew put about a cup on ketchup on his entire meal and that's just gross dude.

Also, why would anyone want a sickly sweet sauce on a good burger?

I'm from Pittsburgh so will defend Heinz to the death. Ketchup #1. Ketchup and mayo on a good burger is great.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

these "you are LITERALLY A CHILD if you like suchandsuchfood" arguments are loving tired

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
eating meat that's lightly sweetened? unfathomable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I like a little ketchup on an omelet.

Ketchup on hot dogs is still all kinds of wrong, though.