Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Happy Thanksgiving! May your inevitable fights with in-laws be fruitful and may you destroy many a lib

It's a big Leo episode that is surprisingly deft with its handling of alcoholism, almost in contrast to the way the subject is presented in the earlier seasons of the show.

Y'all stay safe, solidarity with oppressed turkeys everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hope everyone is enjoying a good holiday/holiday weekend!

Here's a little West Wing related news tidbit from the article about the total failure of the Kamala Harris campaign for your enjoyment:

quote:

Ms. Harris is now attempting a pivot, taking a less scripted approach to campaigning. On a conference call with donors after the last debate in mid-November, Jim Margolis, a senior campaign adviser, pointed to her improved performance as a case study in letting “Kamala be Kamala,” according to one person who participated in the call — a reference to Ms. Harris’s strengths when she is listening to her competitors’ comments and reacting freely.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I don't have a source / credit for this but it definitely belongs in this thread

quote:

West Wing reboot:

Bartlett is confronted with his connections to notorious pedophile John Liebsten and answers with a quotation, in the original Greek, of the philosopher Thales on the merits of pederasty. Sam Seaborn's Pod Darn It spends months investigating Russian interference in US elections but frustratingly keeps turning up Israeli ops. Toby struggles to ratfuck the popular Gillette primary campaign. Santos deals with adrenochrome withdrawals.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
that's good as hell lol

What's NOT good almost AT ALL was this week's episode, where we have a stunted teenage boy's vision of a confused semi-romantic interaction from middle school playing out in real time between Josh and Amy.

Also some stuff about a map and the president is gonna Get A Bad Grade On His Permanent Record or something I dunno who gives a poo poo

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The pedant in me would have loved to see map enthusiast Bartlet eviscerate the map dumbasses from the Big Block episode.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
counter-point: the American President putting up a map that recognizes Palestine would loving own and Bernie should do it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

counter-point: the American President putting up a map that recognizes Palestine would loving own and Bernie should do it

:agreed: but it should be a modern one, there's nothing actually controversial about putting a 1700s map that does it

BUT :supaburn: THE OPTICS :supaburn:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Real people forcing real :decorum: standards for a loving FICTIONAL PERSON

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

WampaLord posted:

Real people forcing real :decorum: standards for a loving FICTIONAL PERSON

these loving people

i mean, i spend a lot of time Online but holy christ

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Back in high school, I had a similar fantasy of a conservative admitting hypocrisy and changing their position in a reasonable debate. It's a part of growing up to understand how none of that poo poo matters.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sarahnferris/st...ingawful.com%2F

LMAOOOOOO TOPICAL

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

gently caress I just retweeted this after I saw it in the Zone

I haven't clicked through, is there a list of names

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gunshow Poophole posted:

gently caress I just retweeted this after I saw it in the Zone

I haven't clicked through, is there a list of names

quote:

The group of about 10 members included Reps. Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.), Kurt Schrader (D-Ore.), Anthony Brindisi (D-N.Y.), and Ben McAdams (D-Utah.).

and for extra lols

quote:

And unlike when Democrats floated censure during the Clinton impeachment, Republicans in the House and Senate are not actively looking for an escape hatch like censure.

The GOP has largely parroted Trump’s argument that he did nothing wrong in trying to pressure Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden. House Republican leaders are expecting few, if any, defections on the House floor.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

trying to find a "it's a Utica expression" joke here

I've been assembling a file of succdems that my in-laws prefer and do fundraisey things for, but none of these are on the list.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
didn't read
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1211351446848978947?s=20

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
my journo buddy sent me a pic of the article in a physical paper he had picked up today. I also did not read.

PRAISE BE I believe we will be recording an episode this week after almost a month off

it will feel good to hoot and holler once more

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Oh it's a GOOD night to be gettin a fresh ep out in the wild

after my podcasting buddy UNJUSTLY probated me for daring to criticize the Prophet of Bernie herself, we buckled down and finally recorded a new ep which is not about much of anything at all.

I really had NOT figured on "war with Iran" to be the new years' gift from trejnl but hey I guess I'll take it! Proxy wars are back baby awoooo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I think I might have said this before, but whichever of y'all said that we could have completely transitioned out of fossil fuels by the 90s if we only had the political will to do so really spoke to me, when I heard it.

Y'all are good people, keep postin'.

Tewdrig
Dec 6, 2005

It's good to be the king.
Thanks for the podcast. Ya'll are doing great work and it seems like you have figured out how to lay out the plot better before moving on to the meat. Some of the earlier episodes seem to get lost in part one of the podcast going over plots and subplots, then say, "welp, another episode where NOTHING HAPPENED!" Though I guess at the end of the show you can say "welp, seven seasons where NOTHING HAPPENED!" so those episodes just killing time may in fact be the Platonic form of a West Wing episode.

I also appreciate that you go over the plot enough so I don't actually need to rewatch the show, as I don't think I could stomach it 20 years later.

Finally, the clip from the film about designing the Bradley with Toby in it as some colonel is great and thanks for the recommendation.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Hello, thank you for the kind words and for listening :3:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Also GUESS WHAT, another episode woo!

Something about today's ep has got me stoked as hell, I dunno I feel like we had some good synergy and hit the high points spot on.

ALSO it is t-minus 24 hours to the start of my hashtag Bernie Journey to the Iowa caucuses in Sioux City, where I will be volunteering to canvass/data enter/drive/gofer real staff to the best of my ability for two weeks.

Let's get this poo poo won. We won't be able to record more West Wing-related eps while I'm on the road but either Wampa or I might pop in to say hello and talk about some poo poo via podcast regardless.

WOOOO :siren::siren::siren:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Folks... We found it

Lol

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Also GUESS WHAT, another episode woo!

Something about today's ep has got me stoked as hell, I dunno I feel like we had some good synergy and hit the high points spot on.

ALSO it is t-minus 24 hours to the start of my hashtag Bernie Journey to the Iowa caucuses in Sioux City, where I will be volunteering to canvass/data enter/drive/gofer real staff to the best of my ability for two weeks.

Let's get this poo poo won. We won't be able to record more West Wing-related eps while I'm on the road but either Wampa or I might pop in to say hello and talk about some poo poo via podcast regardless.

WOOOO :siren::siren::siren:

hell yeah dude. gently caress em up!

Last week's polling numbers made me legit believe Bernie could win this thing for the first time

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
greetings I am checking in from (checks) Sergeant Bluff? wtf? Iowa?

my wife had a job interview today with Major Lib Organization Of Sorts and there was the extremely Operator "reverse question" time wherein she was encouraged to ask the interviewer things that SHE would consider asking of a new hire.

her go-to is "If you had to pick, is your office more like West Wing, or Veep?" and the woman in charge apparently laughed and said "Here's the thing, it's Veep, and also I HATE the West Wing. Problem is, my husband is one of those people who is insanely devoted to the show and can quote it chapter and verse..."

some weird yin and yang goin here, if she gets this job maybe things could get... smooth

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
hello I'm back and have recorded a few thoughts about the caucuses that aren't being emphasized elsewhere in media

incoherently as usual

but please give it a listen

Putting the FUN back in Fundamentally Antidemocratic

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i found it touching, even moving

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Doc Hawkins posted:

i found it touching, even moving

Thanks

My debrief with my wealthy family in law went poorly tonight

They just have no idea. No loving idea

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
ahhh poo poo here we go again

TALES FROM THE CONGO a place that is BAD for WHITES

boy I love straw characters!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

ahhh poo poo here we go again

TALES FROM THE CONGO a place that is BAD for WHITES

boy I love straw characters!

We're back, baby, and so is Sorkin's extremely hosed up worldview on women and feminism!

:toot:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

too much horror, not enough cosmic

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

too much horror

indeed

https://twitter.com/BradleyWhitford/status/1229997942787854337?s=20

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmfao they're really trying to make this a thing

god he's so pathetic

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

why does bernie still refuse to share his long-form colonoscopy video?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i think it's hilarious because Bernie proves he's healthier with every rally he does

the man is campaigning harder than most younger people could. please keep trying to say that bernie's is dying actually, you're literally only making him stronger, JOSH!

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
What percentage of these people had hot, :decorum: takes about anyone daring to question the health of Clinton when she kept passing out? 100% 110%?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Still not fully caught up, but topical Season 6 story detail I just remembered:
Jimmy Smits got the Democratic nomination without getting the most votes. And it was played off as not that controversial.

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005
I think the most important tie in to Season 6 will be the story coming out about Bernie and Jane smashing a hotel bed with their love making.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

Still not fully caught up, but topical Season 6 story detail I just remembered:
Jimmy Smits got the Democratic nomination without getting the most votes. And it was played off as not that controversial.

He wins the nom through the power of The Big Speech, it's the most West Wing poo poo ever despite it being a non-Sorkin year

also no need for spoiler tags on this old rear end bad show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Not a commentary on the rest of the film but I just got back from Bombshell and Allison Janney was great in it