Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I am a gamer not because I have no wife, but because I choose to have many

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Hwurmp posted:

I am a gamer not because I have no wife, but because I choose to have many

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My wife cheers on the enemy in whatever game I'm playing

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My wiiiife

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Has anyone played that Dreams game? Is it worth it? Are the various games people make cool enough to check out? Is the creation stuff easy to get into?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I play the dreams game every night in my bed!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Last time I played it a bunch of my teeth fell out 3/10

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlRBzV4Q0yA

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm still waitin' on this FF music thread VG!!!

A pending FF music thread? Now this sounds fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

This reminds me I have a dentist appointment tomorrow.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I said come in! posted:

What an awful way to spend a Saturday :(

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

I said come in! posted:

Don't need a dentist if you don't have teeth

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

What an awful way to spend a Saturday :(

True, but it shouldn't be too big of a deal, I have a pretty good dentist. Gotta keep them chompers healthy. I feel privileged to even be able to have dental insurance lol.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I killed my first invader! Then I went on to beat Capra Demon legit on the second try!!! :toot:

After a series of clownshoes maneuvers and nearly dying multiple times, of course.

Then I managed to fall down every single hole in the Depths but never got cursed by the Basilisks. I did die to the very first gotcha slime tho. I made it to the bonfire and my mental map of the place is a giant blur. Whee!

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 21, 2020

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I've been a fan of the GTA series for 15 years and I would never recommend GTA 5 to someone new to video games. The story is absolutely bursting with aggressively stupid and unpleasant macho bullshit that fulfills all the worst stereotypes of "mature" games. Franklin is an okay protagonist, but the other two guys are the same "crazy guy who loves crime" PC they've put in almost every other GTA game for the past 20+ years, except they gave one of them a wife to treat like garbage and complain about all the time. The game's vicious contempt for humanity really comes out in the minor characters where it seems like every woman is a vapid slut and every man is a sociopath. It's just so loving hateful and stupid that I'm actually embarrassed to play it in front of other people, and the worst part is that it's obviously totally convinced that it's an incredibly perceptive, sharp-edged satire about American culture that's really saying something.

On the flip side of the coin, the city of Los Santos is gorgeous, rich with detail, and assembled with obvious care and passion, the vehicle handling is tuned to perfection between the weighty realism of IV and the Hot Wheels-style handling of the earlier games, and the gunplay is better than it's ever been. Honestly, everything but the writing is unbelievably good, and were it not for that I'd be holding it up as a shining example of an expansive yet accessible contemporary action-adventure. it's a shame that their one attempt at sketching a character with slightly more complex motivations than usual (GTA 4) was so badly-received that they've apparently done a 180 and retreated into South Park-esque idiocy.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Very excited for today's release of Dungeon Defenders: Awakened, the fourth Dungeon Defenders game. It's a remake of the first game, Dungeon Defenders, but it's different from Dungeon Defenders Eternity, the third game in the series, which is also a remake of Dungeon Defenders. It has nothing to do with Dungeon Defenders 2, the second game. A new publisher bought the rights to the series after Dungeon Defenders Eternity, and so now this is the first game by the new publisher.

Weedle posted:

It's just so loving hateful and stupid that I'm actually embarrassed to play it in front of other people, and the worst part is that it's obviously totally convinced that it's an incredibly perceptive, sharp-edged satire about American culture that's really saying something.

One of the head writers who just left the company said he was really struggling to think of a way to write a GTA6 because it's always been a parody of America and he just wasn't sure how America could possibly be made a mockery of that would surpass the ridiculousness of real life.

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 21, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm going to play animal crossing with my wife too

yes her name is isabelle why do you ask

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

better hope she doesn't rip and tear your guts

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Start and end with the only good GTA

That's right, Chinatown Wars

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Cowcaster posted:

stop ruining your many wifes by introducing them to videogames

What I do with my many wives is none of your business.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

better hope she doesn't rip and tear your guts
I hope she does

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Dear Abby,

I introduced my wife to video games and now all she does is throw stuff and say the n-word a bunch. Last week she used our joint account to buy $10,000 worth of hats that as far as I can tell are not even real. I love her, but can this relationship be saved?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

GTAV's shooting and general combat is atrocious and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone if you want an action game, the thing barely has feedback for when the player is taking damage. If you want something to drive and walk around in as long as you can tune out the dialogue, sure.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cowcaster posted:

stop ruining your many wifes by introducing them to videogames

Getting married just to introduce spouses to videogames.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's crazy how GTA5 still tops sales charts constantly like 7 years after release

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

Getting married just to introduce spouses to videogames.

it's like bugchasers but worse!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
https://twitter.com/PrettyCakeMach/status/1229161082293555200?s=19

dream house

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Goddamn it, I'm ripped and torn.

I can save over $26 CAD on DOOM Eternal Deluxe Edition, but would get it in the Bethesda Launcher and not on Steam. Major dilemma...

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Start and end with the only good GTA

That's right, Chinatown Wars

this was a good game

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm actually wondering whether Vampire Bloodlines might be a good choice

She likes strong narratives and choices but I'm wondering if it's gonna feel way too archaic these days

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The first third or so of Bloodlines absolutely holds up in the modern era

Shame about the rest of the game though

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Songbearer posted:

I'm actually wondering whether Vampire Bloodlines might be a good choice

She likes strong narratives and choices but I'm wondering if it's gonna feel way too archaic these days

play Prey

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How about Walden?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
She doesn't like scifi stuff :smith:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tell her the guns are actually wizards

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
play frog detective

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Get her doom and tell her it's an animal crossing mod where you play as isabelle

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
or, if your partner is an absolute saint, play every sonic game in order

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

chase her around with a frog you found at recess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Games I’m currently juggling

- Baldur’s Gate 1 (made it to the first town)
- Icewind Dale (made it to the store one door away from the starting tavern)
- Tyranny (made it to the first encampment)
- Battle Brothers (I keep restarting)
- Europa Universalis IV (Ireland campaign, fifty years in, starting to lose steam)

I’m never going to finish any game, ever