Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Couple of series updates over the past week.

Ragna Crimson continues the battle. Honestly Starlia has stolen the show for me, her aura techniques absolutely make her the single most valuable military asset around. and this chapter brings a problem I've had with Ragna himself get spelled out for him.

The 13th volume of Radiant is being translated. Still setting up the Bome arc but of the 4 chapters released so far we're jumping into the very mysterious history of Melie.

Sufficed to say things are not going that well for anyone. But I'm enjoying this french weaboo's manga very much even during the slower times.

And for the superhero power hour SHY is continuing it's mother daughter reunion and failing to convince me that it isn't a magical girl series. Spiderman: Fake Red has reached a climax of sorts with revealing the face behind Peter's disappearance.

It's loving Mysterio so I see Marvel keeping things topical.

There have been so many false ends to this series that I'm just ready for it to finally die. Even this chapter did another fakeout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

at this point, I've wrapped back around to impressed with the amount of fakeout endings 7 deadly sins has pulled in a row

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My favourite girl in Gotoubun won so now I have to feel the karmic backlash of watching my favourite girl lose in WNL.

(She'll always have Sekijou though)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

There have been so many false ends to this series that I'm just ready for it to finally die. Even this chapter did another fakeout.

Sins is a good example of a good thing draging out for far, far too long.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
we never learn
Pretty much went as was to be expected. Still cute.

Mashle hands out creampuffs

Agravity boys introduces plot I guess?
Still funny.

Zipman....I have no idea wtf. This felt like the last chapter of something that was canceled...except it wasn't? :psyduck:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
We Never Learn is amazing. All aboard the best girl train!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Zipman feeling like it will join the u19 club

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Act-Age is my absolute favourite thing in WSJ right now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

"too"

Pour one out for the Sensei Flag.

You held on strong in the face of overwhelming odds.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 21, 2020

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

All the girls are great and good friends.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Brought To You By posted:

Zipman feeling like it will join the u19 club

It feels like it knows it doesn't have long and is rushing towards a conclusion.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I know nobody else reads it but i'm really enjoying this final Haikyuu arc. Getting to see a match after everyone's gone pro is very cool.

Also, what's happened with Zipman? Like a week or two ago everyone was loving it but now it feels like people are just waiting for it to end.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I know nobody else reads it but i'm really enjoying this final Haikyuu arc. Getting to see a match after everyone's gone pro is very cool.

I enjoy reading Haikyuu, and I agree. This is a good ending arc.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, what's happened with Zipman? Like a week or two ago everyone was loving it but now it feels like people are just waiting for it to end.

It suddenly feels like it got a cancellation notice so it's rushing to an end without any weight to things.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Between steamrolling through the Elite 4, and the chairman showing up the chapter after that. This just reads like any other series that got cancelled, but also got the benefit of having maybe 5 chapters to wrap up. It's Marry Grave all over again.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

These chapters are becoming dangerously handsome.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I was never a fan of Zipman even from the beginning. It has a cool concept, but nothing about the characters or the way they interact with each other elevates it above most series that get cancelled quickly. The brothers are some of the most dull characters I've seen in SJ lately.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That last page got a good laugh out of me.

"Expulsion? Big deal." :smug:

"...wait"

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Zipman had maybe 5 chapters to establish its set-up and stakes, so it's throwing me off how it feels like it got the axe pretty quick.

Agravity Boys keeps being fun, and I love how we're getting more dumbasses. The Higher Being is going to have so much fun messing with them. :v:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Appreantly Undead x Unluck is having it's first volume put foreward due to demand but I can't for the life of me figgure out way off of the two chapters I read.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

ConanThe3rd posted:

Appreantly Undead x Unluck is having it's first volume put foreward due to demand but I can't for the life of me figgure out way off of the two chapters I read.

The Last Saiyuki died for this...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Let's be honest though, if Uruka is being true to herself she'll find some way to fumble this

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

That last page got a good laugh out of me.

"Expulsion? Big deal." :smug:

"...wait"

Especially as he deadpans all his responses. Like that lovely exchange with a teacher last chapter.
"This is a magic school. Use magic."
"I don't think I have much talent for magic"
"Then what are you doing here?!"
"You're right. This is concerning."

ConanThe3rd posted:

Seriously? :psyduck: It looks hideous, the characters are extremely unlikeable.
I guess that means Japan digs them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I actually kinda gently caress with the art.

It's gotten better past the first 2 or 3 chapters but not particularly better if you didn't like it at all

It's distinctive, unlike Zipman where I look at it and all I see is Horikoshi.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i know chainsaw man pushes the limits of whats allowed in shounen jump but this chapter of jujutsu kaisen has got to be close

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There have been spreads that show more skin but it's all stuff like yuuna where it's hot springs or whatever and not a literal orgy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i think undead unluck is pretty good. the art is a bit odd and rough in an unrefined way rather than an interesting one, but it works and it's a fun comic.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Agronox posted:

Let's be honest though, if Uruka is being true to herself she'll find some way to fumble this

Yuiga finally creates a Facebook account (which he hadn't previously due to being poor) and after adding Uruka notices that she posts nothing but far-right memes and long screeds defending Japan's involvement in WW2.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Yuiga finally creates a Facebook account (which he hadn't previously due to being poor) and after adding Uruka notices that she posts nothing but far-right memes and long screeds defending Japan's involvement in WW2.
I would accept nothing less.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

What do you think of Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun?

I caught up to the manga vol 11 but the main problem is Nene and how every ch starts with her being kidnapped :thunk:

I have the anime but I haven't watched it yet.

Alder fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 22, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
One thing I'll give Undead Unluck is the creative and gross ways Undead uses his power are pretty good.

That said I read the explanation twice and I still have no idea what the power of the woman they're fighting now is supposed to be.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sindai posted:

One thing I'll give Undead Unluck is the creative and gross ways Undead uses his power are pretty good.

That said I read the explanation twice and I still have no idea what the power of the woman they're fighting now is supposed to be.

Sue Storm minus invisibility

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Undead Unluck is going at 1000 miles an hour and I think that's working for it. Undead's creative use of his regeneration is both gross and interesting.

The creep factor however is...eh.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Got interested in Summertime Rendering from the first 3 chapters on Mangaplus but the rest isn't on Viz's site. Is there anywhere to read the rest of it legally?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Edens Zero has certainly gone somewhere I wasn't expecting, but it's hard to get too invested in it since time manipulation has already been established so everything is probably just going to be undone.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Edens Zero has certainly gone somewhere I wasn't expecting, but it's hard to get too invested in it since time manipulation has already been established so everything is probably just going to be undone.

I did not see this coming no. It took the occasional dark swerves but it's been mostly a fun silly adventure.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Yeah, I'm interested in where this is going, reset button or not.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's probably the biggest lose I've ever seen in a Shounen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

What haopened