Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Sister Make posted:

It's okay, I appreciate Mr. Steak being abused.

whoa slow down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Podima posted:

you no longer have power here, coward

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Podima posted:

you no longer have power here, coward

i have the power to close the thread, bitch

(note: im not actually threatening this)

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Mr. Steak posted:

i have the power to close the thread, bitch

(note: im not actually threatening this)

Your failures are your own old man.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Peanut Butler posted:

whoa slow down
My bad.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
hahhahahah real funny i forgot ot laugh

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
That doesn't even make sense, NEET! The "Actually," has no context.

Did Oda sneak in and send the second message as part of his mangaka shenanigans???

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Fuckin lol

Especially as all we could see was "Can I see?"

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

masterstroke; cap doffed

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
I wonder if bring convicted of a crime holds a bunch more stigma in Japan... I can't imagine most ppl in the us freaking out if u said u served time, most would prob assume it was for marijuana or a DUI, tho even drugs are much more illegal there, at least weed.
Or is it that the word he is using in Japan denotes a more serious lvl of crime?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sprue posted:

I wonder if bring convicted of a crime holds a bunch more stigma in Japan... I can't imagine most ppl in the us freaking out if u said u served time, most would prob assume it was for marijuana or a DUI, tho even drugs are much more illegal there, at least weed.
Or is it that the word he is using in Japan denotes a more serious lvl of crime?

anything that makes you stand out is a horrible stigma in japan

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak posted:

anything that makes you stand out is a horrible stigma in japan

Nii: "I'm left-handed."
Mii: *Shudder*

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sprue posted:

If you are so much as charged with a crime everyone will assume you are the scum of the earth.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

No, stop, you'll get a 6 hour probation!

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Sprue posted:

very much the impression I'm getting

I mean, I've met various people who have done time but usually it's not the forefront of the conversation or the social reflection on them anything past "yeah, that makes sense".

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Zazi posted:

very much the impression I'm getting

I mean, I've met various people who have done time but usually it's not the forefront of the conversation or the social reflection on them anything past "yeah, that makes sense".

in the usa i think it depends on how much the listener thinks our justice system is actually just

like i've only been to jail, for about a day and a half, until i made bail, but i've learned not to bring it up around middle-class folks generally

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Peanut Butler posted:

in the usa i think it depends on how much the listener thinks our justice system is actually just

like i've only been to jail, for about a day and a half, until i made bail, but i've learned not to bring it up around middle-class folks generally

I'm Australian and staunchly middle class so really I'm the outsider

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
it can get really wild and people will have drastically different ideas about poo poo.

Like one time I walked into a bar "Dude where you been?"
"Oh you didn't hear he just got outta prison man lol" "lol snipe never'd be in prison good one"
*immediate solidarity from a stranger, knowing look type deal* "don't fuckin sweat it man gently caress those guys"

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Shadow0 posted:

Nii: "I'm left-handed."
It's not that bad, but it's probably considered a little weirder to, say, use chopsticks with your left hand in public than the equivalent in the US:
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/08/11/national/lefties-push-back-japans-righteous-spin/

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET
As no one has demanded NEET in the past 12 hours, I'll do it myself:

Fixed a typo. Thanks to Zazi for pointing it out.

Sister Make fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 22, 2020

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I would be upset too if I had a crush on a dreamboat like Tohru and he turned out to have some flaws.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

dirby posted:

It's not that bad, but it's probably considered a little weirder to, say, use chopsticks with your left hand in public than the equivalent in the US:
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/08/11/national/lefties-push-back-japans-righteous-spin/

Haha, I just meant it as a joke, but it's pretty bad. Maybe it depends where you live.

I got into a bad fight with a co-worker a couple years ago about it.

I'm glad there's some pushback now. At least according to the URL. (Sorry, I don't really want to read a whole article.)

How's this instead then:

Nii: "Sometimes instead of backing into a space, I just drive into the spot."

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 21, 2020

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dirby posted:

this was the most interesting part of the article for me. not a big sample group, but still. also, thanks for sharing!

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

lmao at Dark Oda

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Nega NEET

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

He’s actually pretty cool, maybe they should get brunch

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
u dont have to translate the thing that says he fixed a typo lol sister make u overachiever

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Chad translator Sister Make flexing on Virgin Steak with extracurricular editorial translations.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Needless Extracurricular Editorial Translations

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Mr. Steak posted:

u dont have to translate the thing that says he fixed a typo lol sister make u overachiever

Okay this is good NEET commenting but to be top tier you should really dial up the snark.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Noone Ever Even Translates

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
time spent translating margin notes is time that could have been spent on MORE NEET

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Straight White Shark posted:

time spent translating margin notes is time that could have been spent on MORE NEET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Sister Make posted:

As no one has demanded NEET in the past 12 hours, I'll do it myself:

Sister Make, I love you and you're doing god's work, but "I'm a sex offender" was the pro-tier translation of 痴漢 even if molester is more technically correct

Only registered members can see post attachments!