Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Technowolf posted:

A video rundown of all that's known about the new MK movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGKVzxODhS8

And with Nitara in the movie, is it possible she could appear in a theoretical KP2?

this video is weirdly out of date for having been made two days ago. I don't think Greg Russo is working on an RE movie anymore (I think he's now working on a Saint's Row thing? Plus maybe a Space Invaders movie), and the lack of any of the set pictures from filming is kinda weird too considering they've shared some BTS stuff on Twitter. Plus it's weird not to give a shout to the director's commercial work, since i guarantee basically no one has seen his short film but plenty of video game fans have seen the commercials he made for the PS3. I'm really excited for this though, everyone involved seems to be really passionate about MK and all of the actors they've cast are definitely capable of some rear end-kicking. The OG movie is still the best video game movie of all time and as long as you make something in that vein, with just a little more of the goofy gore and violence that the series is known for, I think you'll have success.

Also even though they haven't actually announced his role yet there's like a .1% chance that Lewis Tan isn't playing Johnny Cage. He hasn't been on any of the cast lists, but I feel like there's no way you make an MK movie without him, especially after his increased presence in the games since the reboot. Plus Lewis Tan is wicked handsome.

https://twitter.com/TheLewisTan/status/1220822070273069058?s=20

tell me that isn't Johnny Cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

DC Murderverse posted:

tell me that isn't Johnny Cage.

Why would he be Johnny Cage when he could as easily be Liu Kang or Kung Lao? It's not like this is a franchise where you have to quietly racelift a couple of the mainstays to keep it from being super white.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
looks like he could pull off the cockiness of Kung Lao rather well.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A new look at Spawn via his MK11 action figure. Has Spawn ever used a sword?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
https://imagecomics.fandom.com/wiki/Sword_of_the_Spirit

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Should have been the soulcalibur ax

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Yes, there was a Medieval Spawn story relatively early in the comic's run.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Welp, after losing another like 17 sets in a row, including one I should've won but somehow my opponent got three Krushing Blows within like 4 seconds and I don't even know how except for the third, I finally beat a Shang Tsung on WiFi by just spamming Bloodport->Back Throw and he apparently had no idea how to throw counter, or was too laggy to pull it off, so I guess I'm only the second-worst MK11 player ever :smuggo:

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Feb 29, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I find that unless you're grinding for Elder God the best way to rank up in Kombat League is to wait a couple weeks, then make some quick gains against higher ranked players on the ladder. You'll get as much as 150+ points per win drawing from a much larger pool of opponents. If you start out the season playing a ton of KL matches then you'll rank up too quickly and start getting matched against the same few EG-bound players. For whatever reason the MMR tends to favor your current bracket over strength of victory so if you climb the ladder early you'll get cut off from opponents closer to your ELL, but with much fewer games played. I just blew through Champion and Master going 14-2 in my matches this morning.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 6, 2020

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll resume being a tryhard in a few days, all though I finally got a legit victory against a Shao Khan player which felt pretty good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Skarlet is a good character and easy to abuse at low rank because of her db4. It's super oppressive at any range and most beginners don't know how to deal with it, especially when mixed up with her other projectiles. You can get a lot of free wins just slow rolling her db2 bloodball then smacking them with the tendril when they try to jump it. Another thing that's hard for opponents to deal with is her f43 into db3(amp). You get 200 damage from a 13f mid startup that leaves your opponent in throw range with Skarlet at +21. You can throw them, go into another f43 combo, 44 into db4, hit them with her overhead, just a ton of options that's extremely frustrating for your opponent.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 6, 2020

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

looks shopped though

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Looks legit to me.

If it is, then wtf Stryker out of no where.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
omg Stryker :magical:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Where the gently caress is Dairou :mad:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I barely even play this game anymore and I would buy Stryker

make him old grizzled Jeff Bridges-lookin rear end Stryker who quit the force years ago but is being pulled back in one last time

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
re Stryker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eYeS6MF1zk

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Last two are going to be guests, I wonder who. I was holding out hope for at least Takeda, RIP

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Azran posted:

Last two are going to be guests, I wonder who. I was holding out hope for at least Takeda, RIP

Was hoping for Cyrax/Sektor since their models are already in game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think most people weren’t expecting Cyrax/Sektor to be in MK11 because they weren’t in the base roster and Boon said he wouldn’t sell previous DLC characters as DLC in a sequel.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm not really for that line of thinking personally. "Not selling you a character you already purchased before!" sounds cool as hell on paper but in practice that doesn't mean you don't have to pay for Kenshi again, it just means you won't get Kenshi at all. I'd rather drop another five bucks to play as I dunno fuckin' Tremor in the version of the game that is better than all the previous ones and everyone is playing, than have to wait years in order to play him again at all, if ever.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it's also one of those 'rules' that's only a rule until the guy in charge changes his mind

i also wonder if he'd consider like, hellboy as a 'previous dlc character' even though it was for their other franchise

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I guess logistically speaking you’d probably run out of characters to sell as DLC by MK14 as so unless they start dipping hard into the 3D era.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I guess logistically speaking you’d probably run out of characters to sell as DLC by MK14 as so unless they start dipping hard into the 3D era.

So there’s still a chance for Hsu Hao.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

https://twitter.com/NRSEsports/status/1236059321793826817

So I guess LCQ was cancelled. Was looking forward to watching that this weekend. Another fatality for Koronavirus.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The thing I remember most about the PS2 roster was them dividing up Kano into three separate characters who were all significantly less cool than Kano.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

The thing I remember most about the PS2 roster was them dividing up Kano into three separate characters who were all significantly less cool than Kano.

Yeah, it was a weird decision to attempt to flesh out the Black Dragon by making them all like Kano. I think they’ve done better in the last couple games by filling them up with weirdo scumbags of different stripes, like Tremor and Erron Black.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

HMS Beagle posted:

Yeah, it was a weird decision to attempt to flesh out the Black Dragon by making them all like Kano. I think they’ve done better in the last couple games by filling them up with weirdo scumbags of different stripes, like Tremor and Erron Black.

Was Kabal always a Black Dragon or was that just a reboot thing?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Technowolf posted:

Was Kabal always a Black Dragon or was that just a reboot thing?

He always was. In MK9, he's turned away from them to become a cop.

The MK11 young Kabal is from before his face turn.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if i remember right in mk3 he was just some rando who got his face hosed up when outworld invaded and it wasn't until ps2-era where he got retconned to be a black dragon guy

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I was really hoping for the cyborgs and/or Rain tbh

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DLC wildcard picks: the Tall Man and Shredder

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Kombat Pak 2 picks:

Captain Planet

Ma (from the hit motion picture Ma)

Michael Biehn, with skins from Aliens Terminator, and Far Cry 3

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

A "tired of this poo poo" Captain Planet would unironically kick rear end.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Only if they can bring back Don Cheadle.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

NRS will allegedly premiere the Spawn trailer at Final Kombat today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEV2VywPK8Q

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

Final Kombat is on and Sonicfox just mercy'd Stabs in a 2-2 set because of course they did.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

SonicFox almost ate poo poo for that because Stabs went right into Frost's FB + overhead KB launcher but they know how to entertain.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Upgraded Jacqui is such a menace. I'm happy she's meta now though because I think it's a pretty favorable matchup for Jade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Why are all the official songs so bad?