Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I thought Emma, like Madonna, was just pretending to be british and the accent was fake. But then her brother also uses british slang? Or was it retconned that she's been british all this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, she’s definitely just from Boston.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It's all Warren Ellis' fault, he introduced the British slang to the Frosts when he took over Generation X.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
her brother, from what I can tell from his current characterization, always kinda looked up to Emma so it makes sense that he'd pick up her affectations

but yeah, she's from Boston

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I choose to believe Emma's actual accent is a strong Southie one, and she just learned to speak with British affectations and with a Mid Atlantic accent because everything about Emma is constructed, because she is able to manipulate people better when she knows how they'll react to her persona while they don't know what she's actually like.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I always remember when Astonishing started and Whedon said something about how he loved Emma being such a British villain or something similar and knew we were in for quite a time.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
GODDAMMIT folks. Now my brother and I are spitballing Emma's Boston pronunciations...

"Wes-chesta."

"Ca-law-sus"

"Aw-pawcalypse"

"Mah-vel Girl"

"Kraw-Koh-Ahh"

danbanana fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 19, 2020

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

danbanana posted:

"Ca-law-sus"

"Aw-pawcalypse"

These are way more entertaining than they should be, well done.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

rantmo posted:

These are way more entertaining than they should be, well done.

I definitely want a recording of how "Krakoa" is pronounced by a Southie.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Would Kurt be "Naight-cruller"?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

rantmo posted:

Would Kurt be "Naight-cruller"?

"Naight-crawhlah"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sort of like Floating Hands Theater's extremely Canadian Wolverine.

danbanana posted:

GODDAMMIT folks. Now my brother and I are spitballing Emma's Boston pronunciations...

"Wes-chesta."

"Ca-law-sus"

"Aw-pawcalypse"

"Mah-vel Girl"

"Kraw-Koh-Ahh"

I am picturing Emma calling things "wikked" constantly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wolverine spent his formative years in northern Alberta. He absolutely would have a Canadian as gently caress accent at least as a child.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

This might seem silly but is there somewhere I can see a definitive up to date release schedule? The marvel app is piss poor at this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Diamond website has everything.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm going to play the fight game from New mutants when I get home tonight, including the deathbird shout.

Is that it for new mutants? I noticed it wasn't on the latest release schedule at the back of the issue.

Love Wolverine, and marauders continues to maraud.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
New Mutants #7 was just glorious. Oh, Roberto. :allears:

Really enjoyed the emotions in Marauders, running from hot to very, very cold. The plot continues to be interesting, and, with Emma's quality one-page story in Marvel Voices, it's been a great week for her.

And therefore a wicked awesome week for me.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Kingtheninja posted:

Is that it for new mutants? I noticed it wasn't on the latest release schedule at the back of the issue.

No idea why it's not on the schedule, but maybe it had something to do with #7 being delayed? #8 is still scheduled for next week at least.

My Official X-Book Tier List has firmly placed New Mutants in SS++ tier, though. What a loving great time. :allears:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Very good X-books this week. It's great to see a coherent X-Men line.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

X-Men is getting a Empyre four part mini. First two issues are advertised with each one having three of the current X writers on it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

X-Men is getting a Empyre four part mini. First two issues are advertised with each one having three of the current X writers on it.

gently caress.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

God drat that was a great issue of New Mutants. That whole false recap page made me think I had missed an issue until Dani came in and spoke to Robert and clued in what happened.. I thought I missed an issue like 3 months ago.

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
What's with Rahne licking balls?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
I believe that, given the wink in the next panel, that she's flirting with or into the Imperatrix.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 20, 2020

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Goddamn, Marauders is on fire. What a run so far. New Mutants? Delightful as hell! Bobby is so gleefully terrible and for some reason I really want him and Deathbird to work out. What a time to be an X-reader. All-New Wolverine and X-Men: Red notwithstanding, I can't think of how long it's been since the line was firing on all cylinders like this (Fallen Angels never happened.)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Fallen Angels was of course wretched but I wonder if I'm the only person who also strongly dislikes the non-Hickman months of New Mutants. It started off fine but it feels mean-spirited in a way that none of the other books do except perhaps X-Force which works as pitch-black comedy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How Wonderful! posted:

Fallen Angels was of course wretched but I wonder if I'm the only person who also strongly dislikes the non-Hickman months of New Mutants. It started off fine but it feels mean-spirited in a way that none of the other books do except perhaps X-Force which works as pitch-black comedy.

I felt the same way about the first few issues of Ed Brisson's X-Force from last year but that series managed to recover itself and ended up one of the highlights of the immediately pre-Hickman reboot X-line for me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I don't know about mean spirited, but the last issue certainly took a dark turn.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

How Wonderful! posted:

I feel it might be better if it wasn't the same book as Hickman's which is infinitely superior.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm biased against it because I want an actual book about the non-New Mutants young mutants, not just Ed Brisson's b-plot starring the five characters he's decided he wants to be in everything

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so, they resurrected vulcan. and now there's a portal to chandilar. they probably shouldn't mention this to, well, anyone really.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Blockhouse posted:

I'm biased against it because I want an actual book about the non-New Mutants young mutants, not just Ed Brisson's b-plot starring the five characters he's decided he wants to be in everything

do you mean brand new new mutants or just newer new mutants, like the new x-men?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Any of them. The campus map in that one issue is full of potential.

Nobody has any thoughts on Wolverine #1. I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet.

Also, I finally got my hands on one of the HoX/PoX comic boxes. When I pack everything into it I’ll do a count to see how crazy this thing has gotten.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nobody has any thoughts on Wolverine #1. I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet.

how do you feel about My Boy Omega Red

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i read wolverine #1 yesterday but it took me a few minutes to remember what it was even about. it just wasn't very interesting.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Alaois posted:

how do you feel about My Boy Omega Red

There’s potential, maybe? I liked the Omegas alright in Uncanny X-Force.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
If Wolverine #1 had been normal price I probably would have picked it up on a whim but the high price point put me off.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

55 total issues in the current X-Men line. And I just now noticed that after the first six issues, there is no longer a reading order page in the books.

Slipped the card with the Krakoan alphabet into a bag and board and put it in the box, so I don’t have to rely on my phone when reading in the future.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

55 total issues in the current X-Men line. And I just now noticed that after the first six issues, there is no longer a reading order page in the books.

Slipped the card with the Krakoan alphabet into a bag and board and put it in the box, so I don’t have to rely on my phone when reading in the future.

I think they had one in New Mutants this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you didn't put the effort to learn how to read krakoan can you say you're really reading the books???