Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The political spectrum in the US is shifted hard right. The middle between the two parties is still fairly mid-right so that makes it kind of hard to gauge what Americans are talking about with left, right and center

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hell dimension, nothing matters. Pedophiles are beyond saving, they're never going to be trustworthy in society. These weren't 18 year olds loving 16 year olds, they were 40-odd and 60-odd years and they were going after kids under 14. They were in for life, with possibility of parole.

I agree, the justice system is exceedingly poo poo, but pedos in for life are not people worth trying to save. That does sound cruel, but hell dimension, nothing matters.

On the plus side, I'm not seeing any easily findable variety of "Church of Bigfoot" so I guess I have a project.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Godholio posted:

He's the big anti-gun guy from NYC. If that's all you know about him, he's obviously a liberal champion.

He's also following the Avenatti model of being seen as sticking it to Trump in public, mainly from his non-stop ads and occasional weak rear end burns.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hell dimension, nothing matters. Pedophiles are beyond saving, they're never going to be trustworthy in society. These weren't 18 year olds loving 16 year olds, they were 40-odd and 60-odd years and they were going after kids under 14. They were in for life, with possibility of parole.

I agree, the justice system is exceedingly poo poo, but pedos in for life are not people worth trying to save. That does sound cruel, but hell dimension, nothing matters.

On the plus side, I'm not seeing any easily findable variety of "Church of Bigfoot" so I guess I have a project.

You know it's a success when it's a dogtag option.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Desiring that prison be ever more brutal is really bad if one also thinks the cops and justice system railroad innocent people into prison for inordinate amounts of time.

Also bad if you think that a gladiatorial murder-zone is not what prison should be.

I’ll take a just approach to rehabilitation all day over “hehe, sometimes a bad person gets extra-judicially murdered, yay!”

First they came for the child rapists, and mlmp08 spoke up for them because maybe they can be rehabilitated and returned to the streets of our cities as productive citizens.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's a huge long list of things you can have typed on your dog tags now. I saw the list a couple months ago, there's like two dozen Quaker denominations on there. Of course if the people who run the machine are nice they'll put whatever you want on there.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hero we need and all that jazz:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/inmate-confesses-to-beating-two-child-molesters-to-death-in-prison-2020-02-21/

Both the subhuman pieces of poo poo he killed were in for life for molesting kids under 14.

Kind of sick but is there like a Patreon-like platform where you can directly add money to a prisoner's commissary account? I could see people totally misusing it for perverted purposes

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Do you have a stance on voluntary sterilization for pedos?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/studentactivism/status/1231001625436749825

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

First they came for the child rapists, and mlmp08 spoke up for them because maybe they can be rehabilitated and returned to the streets of our cities as productive citizens.

This is the cop who brags about being opposed to the death penalty but simultaneously crows about supporting the cops arresting people, putting them in jail, and then cheering when some of those people kill each other under the lack-of-watch of law enforcement.

Godholio posted:

Let people enjoy the fact that there are two fewer child molesters in the world.

This is the line of reasoning that supports all sorts of bad poo poo. "Hey, our system is awful, but sometimes it happens to get bad people killed."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Suicide Watch posted:

Kind of sick but is there like a Patreon-like platform where you can directly add money to a prisoner's commissary account? I could see people totally misusing it for perverted purposes

You just need the inmate's ID number. It is how their families put money on their books.

https://www.jpay.com/Facility-Details/California-Department-of-Corrections--Rehabilitation/CSP-Corcoran.aspx

mlmp08 posted:

This is the cop who brags about being opposed to the death penalty but simultaneously crows about supporting the cops arresting people, putting them in jail, and then cheering when some of those people kill each other under the lack-of-watch of law enforcement.

I believe there are crimes a person can commit that remove them from moral consideration. Raping children, being a billionaire (but I repeat myself :imunfunny:), and corporate crimes against the environment all qualify for that, in my opinion.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

I believe there are crimes a person can commit that remove them from moral consideration. Raping children, being a billionaire (but I repeat myself :imunfunny:), and corporate crimes against the environment all qualify for that, in my opinion.

Om the one hand, this show you are now capable
of changing your views.

On the other, it’s a change in favor of the government jailing people and then condoning those people murdering one another as a direct result of governmental neglect and complicity.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm not sad about the pedos.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
It’s not being “sad about pedos” to think law enforcement should not be applauded for abdicating their responsibilities and cheering when prisons are so lawless that murders take place.

The logical conclusion is cheering when vigilante murderers happen to kill the people you dislike while cops look the other way. Historically, that behavior is not a net positive.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 22, 2020

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Om the one hand, this show you are now capable
of changing your views.

What views are you talking about? I'm still against the death penalty. I'm just not crying for a chomo.

quote:

On the other, it’s a change in favor of the government jailing people and then condoning those people murdering one another as a direct result of governmental neglect and complicity.

First off, what governmental neglect and complicity was there in this? The only way to truly stop something like this in a prison is solitary confinement, which is inhumane. At the end of the day, people with violent pasts will have to be exposed to one another in prison if you want to afford them the opportunity to socialize with people.

Second, what do you propose we do with the serial child molester and the murderer?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Prisons have fairly variable rates pf inmate on inmate murder. Lower murder rates are better!

Striving for minimal or no murder is best. Spending government funds and training time to achieve that is better than loling about prison violence and justifying prison lawlessness by blaming murder victims.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Prisons have fairly variable rates pf inmate on inmate murder. Lower murder rates are better!

Striving for minimal or no murder is best. Spending government funds and training time to achieve that is better than loling about prison violence and justifying prison lawlessness by blaming murder victims.

Why not both?

Also, since when have you been against lawlessness?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

Why not both?

Also, since when have you been against lawlessness?

What?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Suicide Watch posted:

Do you have a stance on voluntary sterilization for pedos?

I really, really wanted to post goatse to this.

Not particularly. I suppose it would depend on the severity of the charges, age of the offender, lots of variables that do make it more difficult to dole out punishments reasonably. And I'm stoned so grain of salt.

I realize I shouldn't cheerlead for a racist murderer, but I don't disagree with what he did.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Laranzu posted:

I bet it's mostly defeated sighing and wishing your super secure 10th floor SCIF window opened far enough to jump out.

Probably not nearly as bad as the EPA though. I think they are putting up netting.
being in the IC right now feels like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Hopefully things change after the election (if Trump gets the boot) but if it doesn't, haha holy hell the country won't survive a further 4 years.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 22, 2020

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So is the "liberal" category a catch-all for both liberals and leftists? At this point it seems like American liberals are just centrists.

In the US mainstream, yes, more liberal=more left, which makes it very confusing when both the right-wing and leftists shout out "loving liberals" while meaning completely opposite things.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
lol all these hot takes are why we need fewer veterans in government

edit: maybe next we can argue the morality of killing abortion doctors

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Kill the pedos. Jail everyone defending them (mainly religious organisations).

There is no excuse, if you are a pedophile and you kill yourself you are doing the world a favour, you are irredeemably broken and a net minus to society.

Try looking a rape victim in the face and telling them their abuser was misguided or had a lapse of judgement or control.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kawasaki Nun posted:

lol all these hot takes are why we need fewer veterans in government

edit: maybe next we can argue the morality of killing abortion doctors

Abortion doctors provide a health service to people who need it.

Pedophiles do not provide a service to anyone. I do not see the line of argument/why you are defending the right of a convicted pedophile to continue breathing.

Jail violence/murders are not good but I will not shed a single tear about a pedophile getting their just desserts while in jail on a life sentence.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

I have only so many fucks to give on a daily basis and buddy the number reserved for the deaths of convicted pedophiles is waaaaaaaaaaaaay down there with Trump's loving morals.

We know murder is bad, lighten up with the finger-wagging.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Then just sentence them to death, beatings and prison rape and be done with it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Then just sentence them to death, beatings and prison rape and be done with it.

Despite the concept that such a punishment would be cruel and unusual because it's disproportionate to the crime (basically they didn't kill someone, so the state killing them is excessive), I'm ok with making an exception for a couple of crimes.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
who's asked anyone to cry about anything? Murders happening in jail is not a laudable development, regardless of who the ultimate target of the violence was. Beyond that we as a society don't need white power lifers making decisions about who gets to live and who dies in our prisons.

Saying the convicted murderer who's in for life is doing gods work because he committed two more brutal murders for the crime of watching PBS is a categorically loving stupid opinion.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress it non

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 22, 2020

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
yeah the abortion doctor thing was a joke but I guess not a very good one

edit: the local police flavor arguing for inmate murders being good is a nice bright reminder of why people think they suck

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 22, 2020

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

i too wish for the death of prisoners where a non-zero number of them are innocent

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I was molested as a child.

I feel like I should get that out front before I go stunting on motherfuckers. Pedophiles. Plural. hosed my world up before I was able to loving read.

You motherfuckers know that but my own father doesn’t. See, my moms and pops we’re both sailors. They both were sent overseas and I got left with a trusted chiefs family, and the absolute worst poo poo you could ever imagine wouldn’t add up to what went down when I was just a loving barely able to form memories kid. Molestation, beatings, indoctrination, name it. By the time I was 4 I was barely verbal. I was in special ed until 5th grade because they thought I was retarded when in reality I was suffering from horrific trauma.

So let me be clear and on the record: I want this inmates DOC number so I can make sure his commissary account doesn’t go dry in 2020. He did the right thing, and I laud him for it.

gently caress you half wits bemoaning the death of pedophiles.

Seriously gently caress you, forever.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm sorry, murder is bad, but I literally am unable to feel compassion for kiddy diddlers. I guess I'm just an evil person then.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kawasaki Nun posted:

yeah the abortion doctor thing was a joke but I guess not a very good one

edit: the local police flavor arguing for inmate murders being good is a nice bright reminder of why people think they suck

Didn’t mean to be a dick to you in particular or anything that’s why I edited my post to a gently caress it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
It's cool man its a hosed up topic and its not so much that I don't think pedophiles are terrible people as much as the way that guy told 2 guards he was gonna kill someone before following up on his word is incredibly hosed up for a variety of reasons.

Its probably not my place to begrudge people their opinions on a topic as pointed as what appropriate punishment for sex offenders looks like so I think I'm gonna call it a night.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Pull up thread pull up

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kawasaki Nun posted:

It's cool man its a hosed up topic and its not so much that I don't think pedophiles are terrible people as much as the way that guy told 2 guards he was gonna kill someone before following up on his word is incredibly hosed up for a variety of reasons.

Its probably not my place to begrudge people their opinions on a topic as pointed as what appropriate punishment for sex offenders looks like so I think I'm gonna call it a night.

A case study in why we need better folks at the helm at most D.O.C’s for sure. There’s some institutional failings out in the open in this instance. You’ll just never see me so eager to lick the rear end of new think to bemoan the death of pedophiles.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Delayed double post

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Fallom posted:

The political spectrum in the US is shifted hard right. The middle between the two parties is still fairly mid-right so that makes it kind of hard to gauge what Americans are talking about with left, right and center

We're righter than we were when we were right! The left left is right of right! But compared to when, the 80s? the 50s? the 20s? The 1880s? On what topics--Free markets vs central planning? Communists vs Nationalists? Collectivist or Authoritarian? Ultraloyalists or constitutionals? Trotsky, Tomsky or Comintern? I think people say these things a nearly always without remotely establishing a frame of reference. The center is whatever the speaker thinks is the most ground they'd be willing to give. Or whatever was popular among their friends when they were 20. The statement is made with the authority of historical fact but without specifics that would render the statement assailable.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddamnit page 69 no. What has become of you.

This is not nice.

Burning the midnight hash oil thinking about the 'squatch and how I'm gonna word his holy works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pXFktAbx5Y