Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I watched The Mandalorian for the first time today on a flight. It was amazing and now I want my first star wars LEGO set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I really dig 20x20 stud microscale cities made by Jeff Friesen. Not 20x20 buildings or blocks, 20x20 cities.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

His book is really good: https://nostarch.com/legomicrocities. Basically more photos like that plus suggestions for how to make your own.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Unfortunately microscale and the like don't do much for me... I need minifig scale :smith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I like both. Microscale can do crazy architecture that would be impossible or very difficult in minifig scale, but I’m also a sucker for a well-built and detailed building interior.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Those don't look bad and the brick built minions are pretty decent figures. I like how the eye can "look around" by twirling the pupil disc around the eyeball.

Also, red bananas

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jamie Faith posted:

Unfortunately microscale and the like don't do much for me... I need minifig scale :smith:

Get some Godzilla minifigs and then you can use microscale.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Captain Invictus posted:

Also, red bananas

The red pumpkins too

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
I upgraded my storage yesterday...
http://imgur.com/gallery/NEEbNbh

We'll see how sorting goes with the new system.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Lightmybricks put out a minifig display case with lighting. Looks cool but the cheapest one is $135 (holds 42 figs tho)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

All the parts for the Eclipse Super Star Destroyer delivered. I have no idea why I put myself through this after the McLaren P1 MoC. If I don't post here within four weeks, send help and/or more parts!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Series 20 CMFs revealed! 10 years they’ve been going!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CodfishCartographer posted:

I really dig 20x20 stud microscale cities made by Jeff Friesen. Not 20x20 buildings or blocks, 20x20 cities.

This is my loving jam!!! Look at these!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The_Doctor posted:

Series 20 CMFs revealed! 10 years they’ve been going!

That drone is pretty awesome

Edit: snap the rocket girl has the galaxy explorer on her shirt, nice touch

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Life-size D-0(the droid with Very Firm Boundaries) coming in April, and honestly looking amazing.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The Viking, Raven Knight and Pirate lass are extremely my jam. I also like green brick guy and space girl. The turtle is also neat, but I don't find the diver particularly compelling. I'm sort of over "suit guys" now, both vegetal and animal related.

I'm glad they are still making these, though they are a lot pricer than 10 years ago (used to be £1.50 in the UK, now £2.99). I usually just cherry pick a few that I like on bricklink and accept paying a bit more. I guess it evens out that I used to buy many more blind bags to get the ones I want.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty big step down from S19. A lot of it is slight remakes of previous figs. Some are pretty cute, though.

S19 was a high point, I think.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Kamen Rider looking one is sweet

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

The_Doctor posted:

Life-size D-0(the droid with Very Firm Boundaries) coming in April, and honestly looking amazing.

Does he come with the UCS-style stand? I guess even if his part count is smaller they want to keep in step with R2 and BB-8.

e: price seems like $70 US

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It's right there in the picture

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A good build of the lamest droid

Dogen
May 5, 2002

:mad:

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's right there in the picture

Yeah it wasn't on the box so I wasn't sure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

A good build of the lamest droid

D-0 did nothing wrong.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Do you think Lego will ever continue the Mini Modeler set? That is probably my favorite set from Lego and I'm sad that they didn't finish the rest of the buildings.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The_Doctor posted:

This is wonderful. So down for this.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

That Kamen Rider looking one is sweet

Yeah I really dig that one, Keytar dude, rocket girl, and nunchuk guy. Even some of the mediocre ones have great accessories, like the little sea turtle.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Holy poo poo are those nunchucks chains with 2L bars? I would be extremely thrilled about 2L bars.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I overlooked him the first time but the viking is really good too.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

mitochondritom posted:

The Viking, Raven Knight and Pirate lass are extremely my jam.

Definitely going to need these 3 for my D&D Lego collection.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Does anyone know of a good website or program where you can make your own minifig using official lego minifig pieces?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I wonder how many iterations the sentai ranger had to go through to not be copyright infringing.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Jamie Faith posted:

Does anyone know of a good website or program where you can make your own minifig using official lego minifig pieces?

Are you looking for full custom printing? https://minifig.me can do that. I've got no idea about the quality or resolution though.

Or are you just looking to mix and match existing pieces? I use bricklink for that.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Didn’t realize I bookmarked this until I looked for a Lego thread and saw it right there :downs:

During Christmas shopping last year I got my nephew the Mando AT-ST set, and while (last second) shopping around for that I came across the Speed Champions Mini Cooper set. I have a Mini that I’m probably trading in this year so figured it was something neat to remember it by so eventually picked it up. Then I looked up the rest of the Speed Champions stuff and kinda got sucked back in.

I’m slowly in the middle of moving and while shopping for various home stuff I’ve walked by the Lego aisle and have also picked up the funky looking Lambo pair, Ferrari F8, and Audi Quattro rally car. I’d probably have the Nissan GT-R too if it wasn’t sold out when I walked by last time.

And at some point I got the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander to class up the joint. I don’t see myself getting any other more expensive sets any time soon...particularly since I haven’t even had a chance to build anything yet :doh:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

japtor posted:

Didn’t realize I bookmarked this until I looked for a Lego thread and saw it right there :downs:

During Christmas shopping last year I got my nephew the Mando AT-ST set, and while (last second) shopping around for that I came across the Speed Champions Mini Cooper set. I have a Mini that I’m probably trading in this year so figured it was something neat to remember it by so eventually picked it up. Then I looked up the rest of the Speed Champions stuff and kinda got sucked back in.

I’m slowly in the middle of moving and while shopping for various home stuff I’ve walked by the Lego aisle and have also picked up the funky looking Lambo pair, Ferrari F8, and Audi Quattro rally car. I’d probably have the Nissan GT-R too if it wasn’t sold out when I walked by last time.

And at some point I got the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander to class up the joint. I don’t see myself getting any other more expensive sets any time soon...particularly since I haven’t even had a chance to build anything yet :doh:

You are me 6 years ago except for me it was with Lego Star Wars. Now I am buried in like 10 grand worth of Lego SW crap.

"I'm Xmas shopping for everyone else, and that little snowspeeder is kind of neat. Think I'll treat myself..."

Good luck.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

You are me 6 years ago except for me it was with Lego Star Wars. Now I am buried in like 10 grand worth of Lego SW crap.

"I'm Xmas shopping for everyone else, and that little snowspeeder is kind of neat. Think I'll treat myself..."

Good luck.

Luckily my cheapness has saved me from going down that rabbit hole :v:. The cars are just cheap enough to sucker me in...multiple times a year.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I said the same thing :v:

You'd be shocked how fast you can go from "who would pay $50 for a Lego toy?" to "for $600 that's a pretty good price to part ratio" lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

With how the Star Wars Tax is now that's only about 4 sets.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I said the same thing :v:

You'd be shocked how fast you can go from "who would pay $50 for a Lego toy?" to "for $600 that's a pretty good price to part ratio" lol
Pretty sure the only sets that cost $600+ are Star Wars sets, so I'm guessing nobody has ever said that second sentence non-sarcastically.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was mostly exaggerating for comedic effect. I have actually found myself putting less thought than I should into a few $200 sets though.

Ninjago City and the docks are $530 and tons of us commented on what a good price/part ratio it was including myself though, so it's not total hyperbole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

veni veni veni posted:

Good luck.

Or me but add in scanning Craigslist and Letgo for used sets or collections. “Hey that bucket looks like it has a snowspeeder canopy in it mixed in with ninjago. Let me see if I can get it cheap enough.” Buy it, sort it, rebuild sets, sell superfluous stuff, keep the stuff I want. That’s I wound up with 8 snowspeeders and 50 Hoth minifigs.