Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

The grind wasn't that bad. The tanks are a bit underwhelming for the most part and really depend on being able to constantly put rounds into people. However, the Type-61 was one of my favorite tier 9s. I don't know what exactly it was about it, but I was able to do pretty well in it. It has a good gun, with good pen, and can bounce a stray shot now and again despite not having any armor to speak of. It kind of felt like how I remembered the Pershing being from back in the day.

Really? That is good to know. Might need to go down it one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Slaapaav posted:

on paper it doesnt look so bad?

tier 6 has good dpm and amazing dispersion values for its tier with decent shell velocity. probably lacking in agility?

tier 7 looks wierd with the super fast 3 shot autoloader with 1,6 aimtime and amazing gun handling. this might be the worst part of the grind? poor mobility but huge and without armor?

tier 8 looks amazing on paper. does it have best in tier dpm and gun handling while being quite agile, 390 viewrange and -10?

The Chi-To was fine; it's perfectly playable and basically has an effective gun with good depression on a mediocre chassis.

I skipped the Chi-Ri because it's basically the previous tank but fatter (and even more fragile, considering it sees tier 9s,) with the same gun except it has an autoloader. Pen is the same (i.e. mediocre at tier 7) and you have to pen all 3 shots to do the same amount of damage an IS is going to do to you and he'll pen you with every shot all day long.

The STA-1 is more or less a Pershing type tank. Good gun, no armor.

I'm on the tier 9 now, and it seems to be like a more paper Patton (less armor, but a much better gun.)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5240734#mountain_pass-mariuslecter-amx_13_75

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear
Battle Pass UI Screens from the Test Server:

https://imgur.com/a/VLNk8Nd

Initial assessment:
Standard gets Daily Missions added, adds Battle Pass Rewards.
Premium is almost unchanged, adds Battle Pass Rewards.
One more Pay Tier added (unicum whales only!), gets Improved Battle Pass Rewards and option to buy Stage Completions.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So is battle pass the replacement system for their current veni vedi vici missions that premium accounts get or something else?

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear
Something else. Premium Accounts keep those missions, but Standard Accounts now get them, albeit with lesser rewards. Everyone gets the Battle Pass, but you can opt to buy an Improved Rewards version.

Omar_Comin fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Feb 21, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So the whole Premium+/Super Premium?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im having a great game but some of my team is complaining about a player on our team who is griefing. then i end up doing melee in my su130pm and suddenly the same player goes out of his way to ram me so the enemy tier 10 progetto has time to reload his last shell and i die to him instead of the other way around :(

then we lose the game despite having an amazing position and tank lead :(

Slaapaav fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Feb 21, 2020

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its one thing to do 400 damage while playing in a tier 9 medium tank but do you have to sabotage your team on purpose? i could have an amazing game there but instead i end up with 900 xp because of the early death

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Open a ticket, submit a replay. The in game report settings are worthless but WG does have people who watch replays for griefers.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Doesn't look like it touches the Premium account at all. This is just another new monetization option straight up like the battlepass of other games. Seems most similar to the COD one to me.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Slaapaav posted:

then we lose the game despite having an amazing position and tank lead :(

wot.txt. sorry.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am fine with a battlepass system that has cool cosmetic rewards and things like that, however, with WGing you probably will have to log into their website each day to activate a code to keep progressing down it and they will probably reward things for $ that give you more power.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
airfield is not a fun map

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

yeah you should probably have that map banned

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

i almost wanna keep going

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Aced the IS-2 again.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5241855#ensk-mariuslecter-is-2

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
you aced it with 6k and still came in second.

What a world.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

you aced it with 6k and still came in second.

What a world.

premium tanks too strong

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Had a win a couple days in which me (amx 30) and a 183 did 6.5k each while the rest of our team did 9k total.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Finally hit over 46% victories in this game :toot:

Time to bring that number back down for the weekend tank marathon! :smith:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can't even get into battle in the common test. It's minutes of trying to get into a game for every tier spread.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

RandomPauI posted:

I can't even get into battle in the common test. It's minutes of trying to get into a game for every tier spread.

It's only ever Tier X on CT. It's absolutely not worth a loving wank if you actually want to test anything.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/4ak0wbr.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/TgjKdYd.mp4

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Had a very good game this morning playing the Renegade:

Went south on paris with my double barrel friend and immedietly discovered the enemy team needed to be punished for not bringing enough backup. So once we easily took out their first lines our north flank started pushing hard leading to the infamous steam roll effect.

Shout out to Leo00032 for catching my plans as they were happening.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
expected performance on the renegade is pretty insane. on eu you need almost 1600 base xp for the ace tanker.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
hey i got the first mark on it but the game was sadly ruined by cappers. the enemy was seconds from capping so some players panicked. there was still enemy capfasters left to slaughter!!!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Basically the Renegade is good and more people should be playing it.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its also very pay2win

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I imagine this being added to the game if people keep asking Wargaming for a more immersive experience. :v:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/407130/Tank_Mechanic_Simulator/

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Rincewinds posted:

I imagine this being added to the game if people keep asking Wargaming for a more immersive experience. :v:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/407130/Tank_Mechanic_Simulator/

Wargaming would implement it so you have to play it after every battle to use your tank again. Or you can pay gold to have it fixed.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

McGavin posted:

Wargaming would implement it so you have to play it after every battle to use your tank again. Or you can pay gold to have it fixed.

"Did you go to St. Petersburg Upstairs Business College too?"

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
so whats the most op tier 8 tech tree tanks?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Slaapaav posted:

Whoo boy. Tech tree wise I have a couple:

IS-3 Is a very nice break on the road to the IS-7. It basically boasts a very large 122mm cannon and holds a very newb friendly hull down position with the upgraded turret. You are an assult tank with some sass but you are not suited to playing right at the front lines unless you have to.

Lynx 6X6 plays a lot similar to the EBR 75 and is totally worth it to get. Wheel tanks are fun and have a fun and engaguing mechanic for being absolutely annoying and flipping if blown up.

P.44 Pantera is also extremely good but if you already own the progetto 46 you can sell it in my opinion. If not keep it to reap in credits anyways with its 3 shot auto loader.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slaapaav posted:

Caer, M40/43, 53tp, Pantera, IS-3 and uh yeah idk

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
caernarvon is like a better centurion right?

i just played this tier 10 game right now. sometimes you get the tier 10 that does 6k on your team other times you dont :)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
No tech tree tier 8 is OP compared to the OP premiums.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slaapaav posted:

caernarvon is like a better centurion right?

i just played this tier 10 game right now. sometimes you get the tier 10 that does 6k on your team other times you dont :)

Take my opinion with a grain of salt because I enjoyed it before the buffs.

But yes, it shits damage.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i feel like ive figured out some of the tier 7 mediums but i havent quite cracked the code on the tier 8s. im very inconsistent in the centurion and t44.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
WoWS Blitz has a Battle Pass already. They’ve cut the rewards every month.