Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Finally finished assembling my Cawdor Cabal. One champion with a long rifle still unassembled, but I think I'll assemble after painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Xlorp posted:

Anyone looking to get into Blood Bowl and needs teams? I have an old WHFB box with classic Bloodbowl, plus some Deathzone stuff.
5 metal teams, plus the two base plastic ones. No star players, painting status is mixed from none to three colors neat.
* Norse, metal
* Skaven, metal
* Dark elves, metal
* Dwarves. metal
* Wood Elves, metal
* Orc, plastic
* Human, plastic
Could this go to all one place? Lotta house and storage purging has to move forward.

I'd certainly be interested, depending on location/shipping!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I think Warp Missiles might be something that is only really useful when you make it a cornerstone of your strategy. One probably won't do anything. Two or three fired at the same target at the start of the game though?

The best way to guarantee rolling 1's is to fit a one-shot weapon.

I normally take them on two melta/melee Reavers. At least with Gryphonicus you can often get a reroll for the missile with their trait.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Thanks for the input on the Orcs. Added some more colours to them, thinking about calling this pretty much done (except for the sides on the bases):

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
The extra white and the red highlights definitely work. They look great!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

The extra white and the red highlights definitely work. They look great!

Thanks! It was a pretty fun quick side project overall. I might pick up some more of these warbands now and then, or maybe another GW "boxed game". It's nice to be able to just try out something and not be locked in for painting hundreds of minis in the same style.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Finally finished assembling my Cawdor Cabal. One champion with a long rifle still unassembled, but I think I'll assemble after painting.

This is really cool.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

lilljonas posted:

Thanks for the input on the Orcs. Added some more colours to them, thinking about calling this pretty much done (except for the sides on the bases):

That poo poo looks tight.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

lilljonas posted:

Thanks! It was a pretty fun quick side project overall. I might pick up some more of these warbands now and then, or maybe another GW "boxed game". It's nice to be able to just try out something and not be locked in for painting hundreds of minis in the same style.

Warhammer Underworlds is brilliant for exactly this. Also it’s a good game.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

lilljonas posted:

Oh yeah, that's the stuff. :dance:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

lilljonas posted:

Looks so much better, it slaps. What's the cape supposed to be?

hooman posted:

Can't wait to see it painted.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Field azure, fleurs de lys en or is the flag of the ancient Kingdom of France, which is what that resembles most. Can’t quite make out the writing.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah it looks like Gurzag there is wearing a looted Bretonnian banner as a cape.

Which is intensely rad.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ineptmule posted:

Yeah it looks like Gurzag there is wearing a looted Bretonnian banner as a cape.

Which is intensely rad.

Yeah, I'd hate to imagine what happened to the original standard bearer, though! :D

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

lilljonas posted:

Those checks and patterns are beautiful.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Crossposting - definitely left in the dust by those orcs though!

The Deleter posted:

Just got done on these fellows except for the bases. Definitely going to buy some Black Templar next month - the game color black I have is a hateful substance.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am a complete sucker for that color scheme, nice job!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Thanks! I'm too poor for a Bonereapers army but I've definitely found a scheme for a possible army :)

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Thanks for the kind replies!

Yes, the cape is an attempt at freehand fleur de lis, i.e. a bretonnian flag draped over his back as a cape. Could have ended up better, but I really need to practice freehand so this was a start. I wanted the boss to stand out in the gang, so I have him black instead of white secondary colour on his armour and the blue cape.

Now I have to decide what next to get. We don't have a starting pack yet, would picking up Beastgrave be the natural thing to do? I have another clubmate who might want the beastmen if so, and I'm not 100% sold on the look of the centaur/faun stuff. But maybe I'd like them more in a different paint scheme.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

lilljonas posted:

Thanks for the kind replies!

Yes, the cape is an attempt at freehand fleur de lis, i.e. a bretonnian flag draped over his back as a cape. Could have ended up better, but I really need to practice freehand so this was a start. I wanted the boss to stand out in the gang, so I have him black instead of white secondary colour on his armour and the blue cape.

Now I have to decide what next to get. We don't have a starting pack yet, would picking up Beastgrave be the natural thing to do? I have another clubmate who might want the beastmen if so, and I'm not 100% sold on the look of the centaur/faun stuff. But maybe I'd like them more in a different paint scheme.

Beastgrave is a good start, since it's the most recent core set and Nightvault universals will (presumably) be deprecated around October. Even if you're not 100% sold on the warbands, both core decks are pretty decent and you'll get a feel of how the game currently stands. Plus, you'll have boards and tokens to use.

If you really decide that you hate the Wild Hunt, you can sell the sprue and core warband cards on Ebay for like $30 and pick up another warband that you like more.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lilljonas posted:

There aren't really any new tokens in Beastgrave, that can't be proxyed using Nightvault, so get the set you think has the coolest warbands. The updated rules is the only really important thing in Beastgrave.
The Nightvault universals are also in the Beastgrave set, except 4 or 5 cards, so they'll work fine in a tournament setting.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
“ Get the ultimate guide to the youngest of the six clan houses on Necromunda. This 160-page hardback book features the definitive history of the House and rules for fielding the six different types of fighters available to House Goliath – Forge Tyrants, Forge Bosses, Stimmers, Forge-born, Bruisers and Bullies. It is ideal for fans of House Goliath or anyone who wants to delve deeper into the dark side of the underhive.”

Is it just me, or does this read like post-House of Chains, Goliath won’t have “juves” at all, and juves is just becoming a general term for gang newbies with each specific gang getting their own named juve type, of which Forge-born are Goliath’s?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah, that is unambiguously how that reads.

I'm guessing that means all the gangs will get a similar complexification, and Gangs of the Underhive will be obsolete by 2022.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Stephenls posted:

“ Get the ultimate guide to the youngest of the six clan houses on Necromunda. This 160-page hardback book features the definitive history of the House and rules for fielding the six different types of fighters available to House Goliath – Forge Tyrants, Forge Bosses, Stimmers, Forge-born, Bruisers and Bullies. It is ideal for fans of House Goliath or anyone who wants to delve deeper into the dark side of the underhive.”

Is it just me, or does this read like post-House of Chains, Goliath won’t have “juves” at all, and juves is just becoming a general term for gang newbies with each specific gang getting their own named juve type, of which Forge-born are Goliath’s?

I saw someone of FB got his early and he said:

All the types are getting gang-specific names. So for Goliaths, Forge Tyrant = Leader, Forge Boss = Champion, Bruiser = Ganger, Bully = Juve.

The stats, cost etc of the pre-existing types don't appear to be changing (probably to maintain the older books as valid). Unknown how Stimmers and Forge Born will fit into the current rules for gang composition, but I guess they will be one-for-one champ/juve alternatives, so you could start your gang with 1 Champ and 1 Stimmer, or 2 Stimmers.

I think it's nuts tbh. They should have just done an update/replacement. It also really weird me out that the leader in a Goliath gang won't be the biggest model any more!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
hahaha that sucks loving poo poo

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Just built the skeleton for the Warbringer kit. It's definitely an enjoyable kit to build, but it's obvious they intend to build it with straight legs. I cut the tabs off to give a slight bend to the knees and you need to snip the ankle pistons to fit the piston shield on. (they split the piston in half rather than doing the sliding ball like on the Warlord)

Also, it says not to glue the elevation on the Quake cannon, but it is very front heavy and will become flaccid if you don't.

Hell of an awesome kit though.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

jadebullet posted:

Also, it says not to glue the elevation on the Quake cannon, but it is very front heavy and will become flaccid if you don't.

same

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

So I've been writing more game reports for blood bowl in the narrative way and god drat did my local scene explode. I'm not sure if it was because of me but I'm super happy with all the new players.

They really dig Sports Scry with Chet Cantrip.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

jadebullet posted:

Hell of an awesome kit though.

If you have any spare disc magnets, you can fit two inside the cannon mount so it moves but stays in place on its own. I reopened one side to do that as it looks much better.

Or just see what your doctor recommends.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Hihohe posted:

So I've been writing more game reports for blood bowl in the narrative way and god drat did my local scene explode. I'm not sure if it was because of me but I'm super happy with all the new players.

They really dig Sports Scry with Chet Cantrip.

This sounds great! Can you share your stuff?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

ineptmule posted:

This sounds great! Can you share your stuff?

Sure, this is my most recent one

quote:

Im Chet Cantrip and this is a Sports Scry update!

The **Sad Mountain White Eyes** had a quick skirmish game with the **Gorkland Deffjawz** this evening.

Thanks to the weapons the goblins obviously were gonna sneak onto the pitch the White eyes managed to pull off a 1-1 tie between the orcs. The orc at the last second were just barely able to sneak their own goblin with the ball to their end zone.

Overall not a very bloody game but mid way through an orc fan tossed a huge rock at one of the White Eye players and he had to be sent home on a stretcher. The White Eyes coach says hell have to miss a game or two.

This is Chet Cantrip, SIGNING OFF!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Put together a couple 1000pt lists to try minigeddon with my kid. Loosely followed some suggested lists, but dropped some walkers and stuff (warhound an stompas) for a couple reasons; keeping it to infantry, vehicles, and bikes simplifies the rules we'll need to start out with, and make it match more closely to our current 40k games that they're used to. Having said that, anything seem terrible about this matchup? I'm not concerned about making the most competitive lists, as long as they mostly align and don't have any crazy issues with each other I'm not predicting. I figure we can build on these with other choices like walkers and fliers as we go:

Space Marines (Astrates):
Tactical Detachment
(Land Raider, 3 Rhinos, Captain )
Scout Detachment
Predator Detachment
Land Speeder Detachment

Orks (War Horde):
Big Warband
(Warlord)
Kult of Speed
Kommando Warhorde
Blitz Brigade
Stormboyz Warhorde

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Also my coach for the Sad Mountain White Eyes is this fella. Grom Landree.

And heres a thing some other guys teams

quote:

Hello everybody and welcome. This is Sports Scry. I'm your host and sports wizard , Chet Cantrip, bringing you the hottest coverage of the worlds greatest sport, Blood Bowl.

Last night, two teams made thier debut and clashed on the Astro-granite. The Gorkland Deffjaws(an Orc team) vs The Green Pond Slackers(a Human team). An absolutely brutal game which saw both teams putting about half of thier lineup back in the dugout. The Deffjaws had one of thier Blitzers seriously injured. The orcs necked seemed like it was jutting in a weird way and he was rushed to the apocethery.

One play of note was when the Deffjaws tried to pin down the Slackers Catcher. This guy was prancing all over the orcs, deftly dodge every punch, tackle, and at one point the orc tried to bite him I think.

The game ended 1-1, with the Slackers scoring in the first half and the Deffjaws scoring in the last half, just barely pulling off a tie.

A glorious game and exactly why the Legacy Valley arenas are starting to sell out on tickets.

Sports Scry is brought to you by McMurtys!

McMurtys!
When ya gotta eat. Its Gotta Be McMurtys.

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 22, 2020

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Hihohe posted:

Also my coach for the Sad Mountain White Eyes is this fella. Grom Landree.

And heres a thing some other guys teams

Love it. These are great.

In other BB news, a guy from my club won:
1st place
Best Stunty
Most casualties
Most touchdowns
Best painted

With Halflings

At a tournament in London today :allears:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

ineptmule posted:

1st place
Best Stunty
Most casualties
Most touchdowns
Best painted

With Halflings

:vince:

A blood bowl god.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

:vince:

A blood bowl god.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

ineptmule posted:

1st place
Best Stunty
Most casualties
Most touchdowns
Best painted

With Halflings

They checked his dice after, right!

Seriously though, that’s incredible!

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Got to try out the Warbringer today. I ran a 2000 point list consisting of a Fortidus maniple and the new Arcus Maniple and kitted out the Warbringer with the Quake cannon and 2 Volcano cannons.

The Arcus maniple is brutal when you play with lots of terrain. Being able to essentially shoot volcano cannons straight through a building and hit the Titan on the other side is good enough when you get hits, but only scattering 6" is so strong. I just waited to activate the Warbringer until a shield went down. Lobbing a shell on first fire orders is also pretty nice.

Also, the new Warp Displacement strategem is pretty interesting. While it is less reliable, due to having to roll 2d6 for how far you can move, it is useful as a backup escape move, or in my case, being able to teleport a power claw armed warlord 10" toward the enemy Titans.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Finished up my first titan, turned out decent I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Hell yeah, that's a striking green. Not a color I've seen on too many Titans, looks good.