Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This came out on PS4 today so I'm downloading it now. Been waiting for it for a while. Never played it but i"ve enjoyed watching videos.

One question. I usually play games in private parties. Is it a better idea to stay out of them to use prox chat in this? Or alternatively, better to be in a party and having enemy teams unable to hear you talking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I play on PC but have always used live chat. It can get really funny if the teams start poo poo talking.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

veni veni veni posted:

This came out on PS4 today so I'm downloading it now. Been waiting for it for a while. Never played it but i"ve enjoyed watching videos.

One question. I usually play games in private parties. Is it a better idea to stay out of them to use prox chat in this? Or alternatively, better to be in a party and having enemy teams unable to hear you talking?

The latter. When you become a try-hard, you generally avoid using the in-game chat except for trash talk and banter with other teams.

I've had folks new to the game totally give away their presence by using voice comms, while my buds are regularly communicating in Discord.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks for the tips. If anyone is playing on PS4 please add me

Psn: monostat7

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/voswt

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What exactly did this legendary edition get me and how do I access it?

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

What exactly did this legendary edition get me and how do I access it?

"Includes 2 items: Hunt: Showdown, Hunt: Showdown - Legends of the Bayou"

Looks like you just got the base game and one of the DLCs that includes 2 Legendary Hunters and 2 weapon skins. You should be able to recruit the new hunters at any time via: Recruitment-> Legendary Hunters (each time for 300 hunt dollars). For the weapons, I think you get a one-time instance of the weapons added to your inventory upon unlock. After that, you should be able to purchase the alternate versions of the weapons if you've unlocked the normal variant.

One of the weapon skins is for the Nagant Pistol and the other is for the knife.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Varkas posted:

"Includes 2 items: Hunt: Showdown, Hunt: Showdown - Legends of the Bayou"

Looks like you just got the base game and one of the DLCs that includes 2 Legendary Hunters and 2 weapon skins. You should be able to recruit the new hunters at any time via: Recruitment-> Legendary Hunters (each time for 300 hunt dollars). For the weapons, I think you get a one-time instance of the weapons added to your inventory upon unlock. After that, you should be able to purchase the alternate versions of the weapons if you've unlocked the normal variant.

One of the weapon skins is for the Nagant Pistol and the other is for the knife.

Thanks.

Trying to hit moving targets in this game is astoundingly frustrating. I have no idea how these motherfuckers are headshotting me at full sprint when even the slightest player side steps gently caress my shot up.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
I don't know who thought enabling crossplay between consoles and PC was a good idea, but it's wildly unfair to the console players.
Like, to the point that I'd tell people don't buy this game on console at all right now.
I can tell console players instantly from range because they have no 'snap' reflexes. They run in straight lines and their heads don't twitch around constantly. I end up headshotting whole teams one after another at 100m+.
If you play this on console I'm sorry but you just cant compete unless you have a mouse adapter.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Rysithusiku posted:

I don't know who thought enabling crossplay between consoles and PC was a good idea, but it's wildly unfair to the console players.
Like, to the point that I'd tell people don't buy this game on console at all right now.
I can tell console players instantly from range because they have no 'snap' reflexes. They run in straight lines and their heads don't twitch around constantly. I end up headshotting whole teams one after another at 100m+.
If you play this on console I'm sorry but you just cant compete unless you have a mouse adapter.

What are you even talking about? There is currently no crossplay and the only thing they're planning is PS4/Xbox One crossplay.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was gonna just be a dick and use my XIM on PS4 but the controller support is so loving bad it's actually worse with a mouse lol.

With a controller the controls remind me a lot of Metro Exodus. Pretty jank but serviceable enough against AI that I'm not gonna sweat it too hard since I like the game. Unfortunately Hunt has more than just AI and shooting at enemy players feels just awful. It's just utterly frustrating trying to hit stuff that moves faster than the most basic zombie.

In general for as much as they are charging for this game the PS4 port is sort of inexcusable. Don't get me wrong it's not totally game ruining bad. I've already gotten probably 7 hours out of it and I'm having fun. But the textures look like something from 20 years ago. The worst textures I've ever seen in a console game next to console PUBG. There's all sorts of terrible graphical bugs, server issues. In general I haven't really seen any info about Crytek supporting and updating it. I'm starting to worry I just paid nearly $50 for a pump and dump scheme.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 23, 2020

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

From what I'm seeing the console meta is bomb Lance melee all day every day since aiming is so bad

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s so loving whack that using a gun that comes equipped on a hunter doesn’t count towards gun unlock progression.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

veni veni veni posted:

It’s so loving whack that using a gun that comes equipped on a hunter doesn’t count towards gun unlock progression.

It does (unless that's a bug on the ps4 version), but you need the first gun in a tree unlocked before you start a match for it to count.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Count Uvula posted:

It does (unless that's a bug on the ps4 version), but you need the first gun in a tree unlocked before you start a match for it to count.

Hmm. Maybe it's a bug then. I just had the original shorty unlocked and was using the hatchet version that came with a hunter, and it wasn't counting towards progress for the purchasable hatchet version. So I had to go back and use the crappy version for a while just to unlock it. I haven't checked the other guns since I assumed it was like that across the board.

So, can you carry more than one bounty if it's from 2 bosses? Can you get greedy and try to take everything? Or is there no point in bothering with both bosses when there is two of them?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Hmm. Maybe it's a bug then. I just had the original shorty unlocked and was using the hatchet version that came with a hunter, and it wasn't counting towards progress for the purchasable hatchet version. So I had to go back and use the crappy version for a while just to unlock it. I haven't checked the other guns since I assumed it was like that across the board.

So, can you carry more than one bounty if it's from 2 bosses? Can you get greedy and try to take everything? Or is there no point in bothering with both bosses when there is two of them?

:clint: That's called Running the Gauntlet, and it makes you a real cowboy 🤠

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

To see where you stand with unlock progress, you need to check out the book of weapons in the Library section (or whatever it is). Advancing in Bloodline will unlock the first item in a category, and then you need to use any item in that category to unlock further items within it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Started playing with another goon bud who is generally pretty drat good at shooters last night, and tried to explain all the ins and outs of the game to him, kept telling him that he was being too loud etc. and how it was really important to blah blah blah.

But we just ended up effortlessly wasting everyone we crossed paths with and taking the bounty in every round and he was like “this game seems way too easy”

PS4 players are really bad at this game right now lol. Like, I suck at it and I’m starting to win 80% of shootouts just by hip firing while everyone else is trying to pull off ADS shots from 10 feet away. I’ve run into a few people who are ridiculously good shots and have been able to headshot me while I’m sprinting from a mile away but for the most part everyone just panics and starts firing wildly when they see another player.

Also I’m becoming too lazy too kill the bosses. Feels way easier and more fun to just wait for someone else to do it and just piss in their Cheerios while they are trying to escape.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Can I say I boot up this game just to listen to the main menu music

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They updated the roadmap. https://www.huntshowdown.com/roadmap
Curious what the avtomat rework will be. I also kind of wonder about the customizable ammunition, not sure the ballistics in Hunt are complicated enough for it.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

RattiRatto posted:

Can I say I boot up this game just to listen to the main menu music

You need to hear the true glory.

https://youtu.be/zz2Aa7cputY

Yes, that is real.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What the gently caress where they thinking with the loving dogs in this game. Just absolutely awful enemies.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

What the gently caress where they thinking with the loving dogs in this game. Just absolutely awful enemies.

I was okay with them until they added the one with the helmet, aka, the Hell Mutt.

Dog packs force you to reconsider your positioning even further since you may draw them in when you start firing at other teams.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

veni veni veni posted:

Started playing with another goon bud who is generally pretty drat good at shooters last night, and tried to explain all the ins and outs of the game to him, kept telling him that he was being too loud etc. and how it was really important to blah blah blah.

But we just ended up effortlessly wasting everyone we crossed paths with and taking the bounty in every round and he was like “this game seems way too easy”

PS4 players are really bad at this game right now lol. Like, I suck at it and I’m starting to win 80% of shootouts just by hip firing while everyone else is trying to pull off ADS shots from 10 feet away. I’ve run into a few people who are ridiculously good shots and have been able to headshot me while I’m sprinting from a mile away but for the most part everyone just panics and starts firing wildly when they see another player.

Also I’m becoming too lazy too kill the bosses. Feels way easier and more fun to just wait for someone else to do it and just piss in their Cheerios while they are trying to escape.

Lmao, yeah once you get good at popping people it doesn't matter who hears you, in just about every game you play.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

dogstile posted:

Lmao, yeah once you get good at popping people it doesn't matter who hears you, in just about every game you play.

Element of surprise can still be really good. I play pretty much only eco and only use good weapons if I steal them off a body and the amount of solo v trio wipes I have gotten because I was sneaky sneaky is significant.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Am I wrong in feeling like scopes are more of a hindrance than an advantage? Feels easier to land rifle shots with iron sights. The extra zoom to look around feels invaluable though.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Scopes have always been a trade off between precision and awareness, and that hasn't really changed in Hunt.
If anything, Hunt in particular really takes away your situational awareness while scoping so it is even more of a trade-off than some other games.
I like the short scopes in this, not the sniper variants at all.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 1, 2020

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Am I wrong in feeling like scopes are more of a hindrance than an advantage? Feels easier to land rifle shots with iron sights. The extra zoom to look around feels invaluable though.

You're not wrong. Lately I've been going with the Lebel Marksman, but only when I pair it with a Dolch--which gets used for anything close to mid range.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does getting a melee kill with a weapon count towards weapon XP for that variant?

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

veni veni veni posted:

Does getting a melee kill with a weapon count towards weapon XP for that variant?

Yes

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/gxicn

:negative:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hunt.wmv

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/HuntShowdo...tm_source=share

Hunt is popular enough now that wallhacks are a thing and apparently a theres a thing that lets you change the time of day locally (this would definitely explain some of the times my entire team has been wiped out by sparks snipers in pitch blackness)

:tif:

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

fuckin lol, both of these things have been widely used now for many months.
there's also ones that tell you exactly where the boss compound is, where resupply points are, and straight up aimbots you can toggle on and off at will. there are videos of prominent streamers using them too.
these have all been brought to the devs' attention and they seem uninterested or incapable of doing poo poo besides banning the super obvious ones that are 400/0 KD on top of the leaderboards

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

How about some really terrible ideas from the Hunt Discord?

quote:

Title: Mounted Grunt: What do you guys think of a Grunt riding an Undead Horse? Maybe the Grunt is Holding a Shovel, Pitchfork, Axe Or hammer. Some thing with a Bit more reach compared to normal Grunts. Both the undead Horse and Riding Grunt can be Killed Seperately. They Have Better Vision compared to Most other Grunts. and Instead of staying in one place. They Roam around Randomly. But once they see you. they never let up. Unless you Run in to a Building. or some other place where they can't go. Because of their large Size. The Mounted Grunt may do run by attacks. Then turn around. and come at you again. But once the Undead Horse under him dies. He is just a normal Grunt with a longer/Bigger weapon.

And then from the same poster, just hours later...

quote:

Title: Undead Headless Horsemen Centar.
So I made a Suggestion ealier about a Mounted Grunt. But what do you guys think of an Undead Headless Horsemen Centar with a PitchFork? He would have the Agro Range of an immolator. But instead of staying in one place. they would roam the Map Freely. I was thinking they would fallow Roads, Trails and Bridges. Also when you kill them. they drop their head. Which acts like a Bear Trap. Biting the feet of any hunting that Walks on it. The Head can be Killed Seperately from the Centar Body.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

Rysithusiku posted:

fuckin lol, both of these things have been widely used now for many months.
there's also ones that tell you exactly where the boss compound is, where resupply points are, and straight up aimbots you can toggle on and off at will. there are videos of prominent streamers using them too.
these have all been brought to the devs' attention and they seem uninterested or incapable of doing poo poo besides banning the super obvious ones that are 400/0 KD on top of the leaderboards

Where are these videos of streamers cheating? I wouldn't be surprised if cheats were more common but I haven't seen videos myself for at least year.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I logically know there are cheaters. I’ve maybe seen one or two. I put couple hours every night on NA servers, and it never basically even registers that mind that someone could be cheating.

Just because you get domed repeatedly doesn’t mean cheats are rampant.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game is such a goddamn rollercoaster. We keep having these good streaks, and then we get complacent and we'll just get murked out of nowhere 10 times in a row and I'm sitting there building lvl 1 hunters over and over in the god awful menus and I just want to delete it. Then we actually start trying again and wipe the server and get out with the bounty and it's so loving satisfying. You really just can't play lazy at all. Assuming there is no immediate threat at any point is always a tactical failure.

Also I don't know wtf happened with the PS4 port, but they haven't released a single patch but the horrible texture loading issues seem to have fixed themselves out of nowhere and it looks really nice now.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/sz26y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game probably has the most impressive lighting I have ever seen in a game. Sometimes some random poo poo will happen like an immolator blowing off in the middle of a nearby forest and it looks/sounds so real it kind of fucks with me.