Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

I’ve often thought about that but can’t make much sense of it

My hunch is that the not on air writers are paid under some different arrangement which precludes on air work

Right, but some of them do a LOT of stuff that gets on the air, including live stuff, but it's all through characters and impressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Whether they are on air or not, the show is either non-union or all writers/performers are SAG-AFTRA. I actually wouldn't be shocked if they were non-union as that would make the replays a budgeting nightmare.

In the past they seemed to not give names and instead call them things like "the lump" and "hulk" to try to distance the performers from the characters, but it definitely is odd that they rarely get their names on the air. I assume this is a "the people that should know, know" thing and these performers/writers are OK with the lack of name recognition, but it does seem like they would want a plug every once in a while.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Lifespan posted:

Whether they are on air or not, the show is either non-union or all writers/performers are SAG-AFTRA. I actually wouldn't be shocked if they were non-union as that would make the replays a budgeting nightmare.

In the past they seemed to not give names and instead call them things like "the lump" and "hulk" to try to distance the performers from the characters, but it definitely is odd that they rarely get their names on the air. I assume this is a "the people that should know, know" thing and these performers/writers are OK with the lack of name recognition, but it does seem like they would want a plug every once in a while.

They'd probably want to plug their Twitter or IG account which would results in a 2 hour derail from Howard

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

MrMidnight posted:

Anyone know who does the fake Jesse Ventura voice? Its pretty spot on.

James Adomian

He's a standup who does a ton of impressions and used to be on Comedy Bang Bang a lot.

His Tom Leykis is great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x34ZW2bR0dQ

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
I think he got tired of people in the office becoming personalities and not doing their actual jobs. That started to turn around when he shut down Ronnie's Block Party.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Mexican Radio posted:

I think he got tired of people in the office becoming personalities and not doing their actual jobs. That started to turn around when he shut down Ronnie's Block Party.

I thought it was JD that did that, or was that Ronnie's car show?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
That was Ronnie's car show.

That said, I didn't know that Ronnie's block party was shut down. When did that happen?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ronnie Car topics are always the best https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjj3POxlcGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuF5cMbG3Wc

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm glad ronnie became such a big deal because he helped smash the stereotype that all jews are smart and cultured

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm randomly reminded of one of my favourite Artie bits, and it's not even a bit, just one thing he said once. Eric's on the phone, and Howard says something like "I don't even think <Dianna Diguarmo/Kelly Clarkson/Katherine Mcphee/whomever ETA was lusting after at the time> is that hot."

Eric: "You have to be kidding me..."

Artie: (in the weirdest Eric impression ever, almost like a robot) "You. Have. To. Be. Kidding. Me."

I love that little throwaway jab, and I remember it being so different than all the other Eric impressions.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm randomly reminded of one of my favourite Artie bits, and it's not even a bit, just one thing he said once. Eric's on the phone, and Howard says something like "I don't even think <Dianna Diguarmo/Kelly Clarkson/Katherine Mcphee/whomever ETA was lusting after at the time> is that hot."

Eric: "You have to be kidding me..."

Artie: (in the weirdest Eric impression ever, almost like a robot) "You. Have. To. Be. Kidding. Me."

I love that little throwaway jab, and I remember it being so different than all the other Eric impressions.

I never liked that. Artie was picking the lowest hanging branch and mocking the way Eric spoke. A toddler would do that trying to make fun of someone.

I loved the ones where Howard would let Eric finish making his point and in the awkward silence that followed Artie would very calmly say "Eric, why don't you take that club foot and shove it up your rear end."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

lynch_69 posted:

I never liked that. Artie was picking the lowest hanging branch and mocking the way Eric spoke. A toddler would do that trying to make fun of someone.

Am I in crazy town or something? That's 90% of what the interactions between Eric and literally everyone on staff consisted of. Low hanging fruit or not, I can't help but hear Artie's way of saying that when the phrase comes up.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

lynch_69 posted:

Yeah because literally no one else made fun of his speech when they introduced him with the Mars Attacks drop and all the "ack acks".

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
My favorite bit was when Artie would start to say goodbye to Eric in the middle of him talking.

“Bye Eric”

“Ok buddy we’ll see you later”

“Take care Eric”

“Ok go gently caress yourself Eric.”

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Percelus posted:

i'm glad ronnie became such a big deal because he helped smash the stereotype that all jews are smart and cultured

What's yaw PRAWBLEM, duuu? :mad:

Two Kings posted:

My favorite bit was when Artie would start to say goodbye to Eric in the middle of him talking.

“Bye Eric”

“Take care Eric”

Same

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

lynch_69 posted:

I loved the ones where Howard would let Eric finish making his point and in the awkward silence that followed Artie would very calmly say "Eric, why don't you take that club foot and shove it up your rear end."

Fred used to do this with John the Stutterer and it used to drive me insane; I hated it so much. It was so much funnier when they just let him try to get a sentence out. Artie with Eric didn't bother me as much though. I didn't really feel like Artie was interrupting him.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Well, Artie interrupted him in the "okay bye, go gently caress yourself" way more than he interrupted by making fun of his speech pattern.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"Take caya, brush your haya"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mexican Radio posted:

I think that is definitely it

Or part of it

Limits the amount of people asking Jason to go on the air with their personal bits

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Two Kings posted:

“Bye Eric”

“Take care Eric”

I remember when they were talking about a boa constrictor, or a python or something that Eric The Midget had been hanging out with or whatever, and he was trying to say something and Artie was all "bye snake food".

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Some writers and staff members eventually got on the air, like Chris Wilding who started calling in with bits like Lee King Snatch when he still lived in Canada, and Steve Nowicki who of course does Alex Jones and Sal's Dad. Poor Mike Trainor (The Lump and Hulk) still can't get his name out there.

It still must be a sweet gig because you barely have to do any work during the week and after the show you do standup or smoke weed with Brent and feel up his wife.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

wesleywillis posted:

I remember when they were talking about a boa constrictor, or a python or something that Eric The Midget had been hanging out with or whatever, and he was trying to say something and Artie was all "bye snake food".

hahahahahaahha, I don't remember that; that's hilarious

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I actually forgot until one of the recent replays that last year they were considering putting "golden tickets" in his book to feel up Brent's wife. That's actually pretty funny and would have definitely been something the Howard of 20+ years ago would have done in a heartbeat.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I wish Eric was still alive so he could mock Artie for looking as freakish as him.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Artie's nose is bad but let's be fair, Eric looked FAR more freakish.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Eric explains some odd request or complaint.

There's a pause.

Artie: Okay well we'll see ya, buddy.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I wish Eric was still alive so he could mock Artie for looking as freakish as him.

And now I wonder just how drilled the rest of the less cognizance members of the wack pack to not talk about Artie.

Thank god Sour Shoes is uncontrollable.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Do you have barbecue pork?
Gooood.
Do you have broccoli and rice?
Gooood.
Do you have fried chicken?
Gooood.
Do you have grilled chicken?
Gooood.
Do you have meat loaf?
Gooood.
Do you have pizza?
Gooood.
Do you have pork roast?
Gooood.
Do you have fish filet?
Gooood.
Do you have cabbage?
Gooood.
Do you have carrots?
Gooood.
Do you have cauliflower?
Gooood.
Do you have green beans?
Gooood.
*click*

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Apropos of nothing I remembered Gary saying that the show's Twitter account had 12 grand followers and fell into a giggle fit.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Former Human posted:

Do you have barbecue pork?
Gooood.
Do you have broccoli and rice?
Gooood.
Do you have fried chicken?
Gooood.
Do you have grilled chicken?
Gooood.
Do you have meat loaf?
Gooood.
Do you have pizza?
Gooood.
Do you have pork roast?
Gooood.
Do you have fish filet?
Gooood.
Do you have cabbage?
Gooood.
Do you have carrots?
Gooood.
Do you have cauliflower?
Gooood.
Do you have green beans?
Gooood.
*click*

You forgot that she flips out and names every single item they offer

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I didn't forget, I'm just not typing all that!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you, Patrick Mahomes

*cries*

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Howard on fire today. Pissed about Bloomberg

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MrMidnight posted:

Howard on fire today. Pissed about Bloomberg

In general, or about Warren putting the screws to him?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Going full CHUD for Bloomberg. Says Bernie can't beat Trump.

Is referring to Bernie as "Carl Marx Junior" most of the time.

Is replaying the debate in his mind as to how Bloomberg could/should have won.

Quivers is onboard 100%.

EDIT:
Just justified the NDAs as normal business stuff.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

"Don't get me wrong, I like Bernie, I just don't think he can win!"

Howard's most OK, Boomer moment in a while.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thank you for the heads up about what to skip through

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

Thank you for the heads up about what to skip through

Great phoney phone call with Sal's dad right in the middle, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clambake
Aug 30, 2007

Former Human posted:

I didn't forget, I'm just not typing all that!

Hi ma’am

, how are you?

I was going to come down there with my grandson, and I just wanted to see what you guys have on the buffet today.

OK, Do you have barbeque pork Gooooood
Do you have broccoli and rice goood
Do you got Fried Chicken Goooood
Do you have grilled chicken Goooood
Do you have meatloaf Goooood
Pizza Goooood
Pork roast Goooood
Fish filet
Me and my grandson are coming in. He’s a heavy boy
Do you have cabbage Goooood
Do you have carrots
Oh just a few
Do you have cauliflower Goooood
Green beans Goooood
Do you have roast herb pork chops Goooood
Do you have ham
Hi, do you have chili Good, that’s good
Oh Good Uh-huh Oh, that’s good
Beets are good Mmmm, bacon
Oh, Timmy likes those
Oh, mmmm, ahhh, yeah, gooooood.
I like sauce, uh huh, good.
Oh potato’s good, Uh-huh
Oh onion rings are good, good,
Timmy likes… uh huh, good, mmmmm.
Yeah, ah, yeah.
Cupcakes are good. Yeah, ah, yeah. Mmmm.
Gummy bears.
Could I grab a pen and write that down. Hold on, did you say….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOB4j3D_mD0