Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

Should be the top option on the head page:

Then you can choose between the big hat and the mini hat below.

Okay so I can have a whole team of Gorn in tuxedos and top hats and tommyguns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
I like to get back into this now and then and feel like starting from scratch but the wesley wiki seems to be down. Is there any good up to date build/money guides so I can be less of a scrub?

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1253865/being-harassed-and-bullied-not-getting-help

snowwolf posted:

Hello,

So for a while now I have been almost constantly harassed and bullied in the game. The first thing I did was put the player in question on ignore, however the ignore function does not prevent them from seeing me when we are on the same map and instance.

While ignore does stop me from receiving private messages and mail, and also prevents me from seeing zone and local chat from the player. There are other problems.

The player continues to do various emotes against my character in an inappropriate fashion, constantly throw unmelting snowballs at me and using various party poopers. They also walk and bump into me on purpose, they often do this using a hologram disguise or some other gimmick in order to change their appearance to a Tholian or Undine. The larger hit-/collision box allows them to much more easily push my character around in order to trap me or push me of ledges etc.

I have made numerous reports to Perfect World Entertainment with screenshots, these have not helped.

I am not certain on what to do, I feel like I should be able to visit all public places in the game without the fear of this childish harassment. But now it’s come to the point where I will refrain from visiting certain places in the game.

The fact that Perfect World Entertainment have not helped me is disappointing, as they have helped me out a ton of times before with lost and accidently deleted items and characters so I always considered their customer support rather good.

I know making a public post about this on the forum is not a very good idea, but I’ve tried reaching out and making the appropriate reports and tickets but nothing has helped.

Having to restrict my gameplay to avoid the player in question is not enjoyable, and it’s making me lean towards no longer playing the game.

Mod response:

greasythepirate fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 17, 2020

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Any lurking pubbies take note: This is a very simple dilemma to solve becuse this is a Chinese MMO.

Spend more money than the other person you don't like and get your preferential treatment from the company that way.

No no, spend more than that. Way more. Like an order of magnitude more.

Also who is the troll fleet these days? Our own fleet activity is practically a ghost town tourism office.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 17, 2020

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Any lurking pubbies take note: This is a very simple dilemma to solve becuse this is a Chinese MMO.

Spend more money than the other person you don't like and get your preferential treatment from the company that way.

No no, spend more than that. Way more. Like an order of magnitude more.

Also who is the troll fleet these days? Our own fleet activity is practically a ghost town tourism office.

I don't know, someone decided to point out in /say that 'Starfleet Mental is here' when I was idling in ESD today. We really did a number on the pubbies, if just standing there, not even looking obnoxious with a hosed up character, is enough to trigger someone.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Lmao, I know trolls really exist, but this whole snowwolf story sounds more like a gangstalking delusion manifested in an MMO. "The Andorians are trying to control my thoughts with microwave beams. And I left a 1/2 empty jar of peanut butter sitting on my command deck. Now it's only 1/4 full. Explain that!"

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Lmao, I know trolls really exist, but this whole snowwolf story sounds more like a gangstalking delusion manifested in an MMO. "The Andorians are trying to control my thoughts with microwave beams. And I left a 1/2 empty jar of peanut butter sitting on my command deck. Now it's only 1/4 full. Explain that!"

Sto has a lot of those people

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Well this is annoying. Outside the patrols included in the revamped list, does anyone know if there’s a way to access the other patrols that used to be around the Delta Quadrant? I wanted to include a couple in the LP, but the one that actually introduces the Borg Cooperative is missing. It’s supposed to be in the Jarleth system, near Argala.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please
The newest member of Starfleet Dental / NOP who doesn't have a SA Account was in the tailor making a skimpy catgirl outfit when I shoved her out. She cussed me out and called me a trole, then took to discord to whine about Rahhmi being annoying. Was p funny and the local erpists started laughing that someone in Dental was bitching about trolling.

Sad times we live in.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Butternubs posted:

I like to get back into this now and then and feel like starting from scratch but the wesley wiki seems to be down. Is there any good up to date build/money guides so I can be less of a scrub?

Diss. I need my goon approved knowledge.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hope you like your wikis over half a decade out of date.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

DancingShade posted:

I hope you like your wikis over half a decade out of date.

I don't care where it's hosted or who is making it, just that someone who isn't as awful as me at the game looked at it and went "This isn't useless".

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Cynic Jester posted:

I don't care where it's hosted or who is making it, just that someone who isn't as awful as me at the game looked at it and went "This isn't useless".
Then you're in luck! For only $24.99 (+ shipping) you can buy this 121 page comprehensive guide on the "intricacies of creating a character". You heard that right, for the meager sum of $24.99 (+ shipping) you'll be trekking though the character creator like a real star.

:signings:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ages ago I wrote like a third of a 'welcome to STO this game is obtuse as hell here's the poo poo you should know as you play' guide on google docs and gave up. It's very out of date now anyway.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

andurilprime
Nov 4, 2009
Anyone know who I can PM to talk about the WWiki? i used to have access, and i lapsed, and i'd like to read it again.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Watching Picard brought me back to this game, but my spacebar macro isn't working anymore. Did something change?

Here's what I was using, as suggested by our (former) wiki:
code:
Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root Firephaserstorps $$ +Power_Exec Distribute_Shields $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 5 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 6 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 7 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 8 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 9"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Reload your spacebar.txt but don't call it .txt when you load it, if that makes sense. So load spacebar without the .txt in your string but do call it that in the file system.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The traffic the wiki was receiving did not even begin to justify the cost in hosting and we're not going to ask people to donate to something like that so it is gone. No one was banned or kicked but the dream is over!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
RIP ultimate STO tanking guide.

In case anyone here never saw it, imagine "get hosed" in extra large sparkling font.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Welp. Cryptic account logins are dead. Now you need to make an all-new 'Arc' account and beg customer service to link your old Cryptic account to it in order to play the game.

Honestly, I'm tempted to not bother.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Cythereal posted:

Welp. Cryptic account logins are dead. Now you need to make an all-new 'Arc' account and beg customer service to link your old Cryptic account to it in order to play the game.

is this like if you got the game before PWE bought it and never bothered doing anything to get into PWE's website ever or something?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

dafuk?

andurilprime
Nov 4, 2009

DancingShade posted:

Aw, dang, i just wanted expanded access to space barbie. i did it before, but that was ages ago. Thanks for the heads up.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

oh, you're poo poo outa luck then they overhauled the tailor a while back and the unrestricted tricks don't work anymore

Maybe there are new ones that do work, but the poo poo in the guide was busted anyway

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Mondian posted:

oh, you're poo poo outa luck then they overhauled the tailor a while back and the unrestricted tricks don't work anymore

Maybe there are new ones that do work, but the poo poo in the guide was busted anyway

Yeah anything useful in the Wiki was patched out years ago.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

Yeah 2011 was a while back.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
I heard it's nearly time for the celebration of Leonard Nemoy's life again

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

DancingShade posted:

In case anyone here never saw it, imagine "get hosed" in extra large sparkling font.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DancingShade posted:

Yeah 2011 was a while back.

It never made me do this until last night. So, can't log into the game until customer service on their website links my Cryptic account with the brand new account I had to make on their site.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Can I get a fleet invite please.

Ernesto@butternubs777

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Mods rename thread to Sto Wiki Offline

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Do boff trait bonuses apply for all the boffs you have in your roster (max of 50 if you buy tons of slots) or just the ones slotted to use active abilities?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hello Sailor posted:

Do boff trait bonuses apply for all the boffs you have in your roster (max of 50 if you buy tons of slots) or just the ones slotted to use active abilities?

Only the ones assigned to stations on the ship, or away team for ground.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Well, got a workaround that's letting me play STO again. For the moment.

Since the Delta patrols got revamped (nerfed), what's the best way to grind out ship XP these days?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I think "The Ninth Rule" is fairly efficient for it, I managed to get the Borg Juggernaut up pretty quickly just by doing that.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think doing the argala one + the 9th rule one will master a ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Butternubs posted:

Can I get a fleet invite please.

Ernesto@butternubs777

Your best bet would be to track down an online SFD in-game for that and channel invite. I posted twice to no avail before trying that with success.