Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Lots of folk who haven’t watched one of the best shows on television itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Duck-billed platymapuses also don't have tits so they literally aren't mammal despite being mammals.

Most human men are also not mammals by this definition.

fwiw that's sort of what the guy who invented the term "mammal" said at first. Also at the time people thought the term mammal was too lewd.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Feb 23, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Smurfette wasn't born a Smurf, by the by. Well they weren't born at all as they were technically a golem.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Eh! Frank posted:

To be fair, maybe they transferred from University of California to San Francisco State University?

San Francisco is a peninsula surrounded on three sides by water and one side by the state of California.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TK-42-1 posted:

Theres one female serviced by a large population of males. That implies that they lay eggs otherwise shed be pregnant like all the time!

Smurfette isnt a real smurf, she's a smurf-shaped homunculus created by Gargamel to lure other Smurfs to him, but her mind was turned to good by Papa Smurf's magic. Smurfs reporduce asexually via spores.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I sure hope whoever wrote that bit for the Venture Bros got fired for that blunder!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TK-42-1 posted:

Lots of folk who haven’t watched one of the best shows on television itt.

Man this isn't what I was hoping would happen

(it's better)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
There's a system of state universities called the University of California but nobody is going to refer to a particular University in it as the University of California. There is also California State University system which is less prestigious and nobody is going to brag about moving from the UC to it. It's probably a joke or a typo or something.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I mean... he's not wrong

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The guy who plays Chandler has done some pretty good acting in The Good Fight/Wife. I hate him so much but that's just good acting

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

There's a system of state universities called the University of California but nobody is going to refer to a particular University in it as the University of California. There is also California State University system which is less prestigious and nobody is going to brag about moving from the UC to it. It's probably a joke or a typo or something.

A lot of people outside of California do refer to Berkeley as the University of California. It's much more prominent than any of the other campuses so that makes sense.

mllaneza posted:

San Francisco is a peninsula surrounded on three sides by water and one side by reality.

Fixed that for you.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Who What Now posted:

I sure hope whoever wrote that bit for the Venture Bros got fired for that blunder!

They have blundered for the last time

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lol at thinking lisa kudrow isn't talented.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

They have blundered for the last time

I can hear this post

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Parallelwoody posted:

Lol at thinking lisa kudrow isn't talented.

She's a better Gwyneth Paltrow, she does similar parts I think (I'm not intimately familiar with either one of their filmographies) but without the literal crazy

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

alexandriao posted:

The guy who plays Chandler has done a ton of percocet.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:same:

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LeBlanc's history on Top Gear shows he's talented at burnouts. The only valid criticism against him is Lost in Space and not even Heather Graham doing a full frontal could have saved that one.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is there an actual FRIENDS reunion or just the actors/resses getting together for unrelated reasons?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

alexandriao posted:

The guy who plays Chandler has done some pretty good acting in The Good Fight/Wife. I hate him so much but that's just good acting

Yeah and he was in Fallout: New Vegas leave him alone

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Is there an actual FRIENDS reunion or just the actors/resses getting together for unrelated reasons?

They're supposedly doing a reunion for the WB/HBO new streaming service HBO Max.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
I googled Schwimmer, cause I knew he had kept busy. Almost everything he's done has the words 'with mixed reviews ' attached to it. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

Yeah and he was in Fallout: New Vegas leave him alone

Where he did a pretty terrible job, tbh

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Randaconda posted:

I don't know. He shot me in the head. Just too lazy to double tap.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Randaconda posted:

What in the goddamn

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alaois posted:

What in the goddamn :effort:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The cast of Friends really don't have to work again because by the last two seasons they were all making a million per episode and and they also get hella residuals. Kind of like how after Seinfeld ended Jerry went strictly low key, doing one animated movie and more recently an interview show because he got out of that show mad rich and has only made more money from it since.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Shut up Meg posted:

I googled Schwimmer, cause I knew he had kept busy. Almost everything he's done has the words 'with mixed reviews ' attached to it. :smith:

He was pretty good as Robert Kardashian in that OJ Simpson series. Really nailed the role of "sniveling wiener with an incredibly punchable face"

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

muscles like this! posted:

The cast of Friends really don't have to work again because by the last two seasons they were all making a million per episode and and they also get hella residuals. Kind of like how after Seinfeld ended Jerry went strictly low key, doing one animated movie and more recently an interview show because he got out of that show mad rich and has only made more money from it since.

Cosmopolitan says they are each pulling in $20M per year on just residuals alone.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've also seen people get into actual turn-red-in-the-face shouting matches trying to argue that monotremes like platypuses aren't mammals
"THEY LAY EGGS!! MAMMALS DON'T LAY EGGS!!!"

Yeah, it was IN ALL CAPS so I just naturally assumed it was true.

That's usually the best way to judge these things, isn't it?

ISN'T IT?!?!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Think about what you could do in life, if you were getting 20 M a year stuff in your pockets.

But hey, I guess they need their California mansions and 5 Million Vroom Vroom cars.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Shut up Meg posted:

Cosmopolitan says they are each pulling in $20M per year on just residuals alone.

eat the rich :sigh:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

Think about what you could do in life, if you were getting 20 M a year stuff in your pockets.

But hey, I guess they need their California mansions and 5 Million Vroom Vroom cars.

Hell yeah. I’d do two chicks at once.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Say what you want, I'm 100% going to watch their reunion episode.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

canyoneer posted:

He was pretty good as Robert Kardashian in that OJ Simpson series. Really nailed the role of "sniveling wiener with an incredibly punchable face"

He did a good job being a huge prick in Band if Brothers too.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bike tory posted:

Say what you want, I'm 100% going to watch their reunion episode. for free in 5 years or some poo poo
:same:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/wiki_tmnt/status/1231701480312360960

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Shut up Meg posted:

He loving crushes it on Band of Brothers. His character is an annoying fuckup, but Schwimmer acts it perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

He loving crushes it on Band of Brothers. His character is an annoying fuckup, but Schwimmer acts it perfectly.

Well he had ten years of previous experience