Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mdemone posted:

Taxonomy gets worse the more you know about it. Really the whole tree of life is just this huge bramble bush of bullshit.

The best way I've ever heard someone define a fish is "these are the things that are on the seafood page at the restaurant"

And the scene where Major Winters tells Captain Sobel that you salute the rank, not the man, is pure gold.

I'm going to watch that show again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh believe me, there's no way I'm paying for HBO:Max or whatever it's called.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Schwimmer killed it in band of brothers, Perry/chandler was great in the whole nine yards, Le blanc did a bunch of great stuff too. The only ones who never did anything of note are kudrow and Monica whatever her name is and who cares frankly

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

I mean... he's not wrong

Except where they imply Jennifer Aniston has talent.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ace Ventura :colbert:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Oh and Scream was ok. I don't really have anything against Courtney Cox....the rest of them are talentless assclowns who made a literal fortune due to the stupidity of american TV watchers. Also Cox has 150million and Aniston has 200million...just let that sink in...ugh.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I was going to say the Scream movies were pretty good but I guess they actually all came out before Friends finished airing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
TBH the smart money was taking those residuals and getting the f out of hollywood

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Memento posted:

I was going to say the Scream movies were pretty good but I guess they actually all came out before Friends finished airing.

I think the discussion is equal parts "are they talented" and "did they have any success post-Friends"

I was going to say "Didn't Cox have a couple of well-received shows in recent years?" but realized I was getting her confused with Julia Louis-Dreyfus*. Though apparently Cougar Town was on for a number of years so maybe it qualifies? I never watched it and forgot it existed

* Dreyfus also happens to the the only one of the main four on Seinfeld with any actual talent

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
imagine making 20mil a year and just living in like Bellingham, WA, or something and living a normal life where bryan singer can't find your kids

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pick posted:

imagine making 20mil a year and just living in like Bellingham, WA, or something and living a normal life where bryan singer can't find your kids

I mean you've still got to put up with goobers gawking at you whenever you get a coffee or run to Home Depot, so it's a bit of a monkey's paw.

Also my friend once said he got a table with his friends at some burger joint in Manhattan right after Schwimmer, and Schwimmer wanted to come back but was told no and actually pulled the "Do you know who I am?" card. Was still told no because this was like 2006 and a Bougie Manhattan joint too rich to give a gently caress. That's my Schwimmer story.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

I mean you've still got to put up with goobers gawking at you whenever you get a coffee or run to Home Depot, so it's a bit of a monkey's paw.

for 20 mil/annum I will bear this terrible curse

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Courtney Cox married David Arquette and they run a production company now

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eh! Frank posted:

* Dreyfus also happens to the the only one of the main four on Seinfeld with any actual talent

Jason Alexander is pretty drat funny on the new Harley Quinn cartoon

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

NtotheTC posted:

Schwimmer killed it in band of brothers, Perry/chandler was great in the whole nine yards, Le blanc did a bunch of great stuff too. The only ones who never did anything of note are kudrow and Monica whatever her name is and who cares frankly

Kudrow has The Comeback in HBO which I heard was good.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Randaconda posted:

Didn't he also voice Duckman?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this! posted:

The cast of Friends really don't have to work again because by the last two seasons they were all making a million per episode and and they also get hella residuals. Kind of like how after Seinfeld ended Jerry went strictly low key, doing one animated movie and more recently an interview show because he got out of that show mad rich and has only made more money from it since.

Yeah but there's the important difference that Seinfeld was never funny.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The only actually funny tv episode ever aired was the episode of Adventure Time "Mystery Dungeon"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I will also accept Ugly Americans episode "Kill Mark, Kill"

The General
Mar 4, 2007

gbut posted:

And he aced it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brute Hole Force posted:

Yeah but there's the important difference that Seinfeld was never funny.

:hai:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

mind the walrus posted:

Also my friend once said he got a table with his friends at some burger joint in Manhattan right after Schwimmer, and Schwimmer wanted to come back but was told no and actually pulled the "Do you know who I am?" card. Was still told no because this was like 2006 and a Bougie Manhattan joint too rich to give a gently caress. That's my Schwimmer story.

Wait,, so he had a burger, left, decided he wanted a 2nd burger and tried to get the table back?

What?

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Randaconda posted:

gbut posted:

Ok, I'll concede that Alexander is great at voice-work, even though I personally can't stand his voice.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Eh! Frank posted:

I think the discussion is equal parts "are they talented" and "did they have any success post-Friends"

I was going to say "Didn't Cox have a couple of well-received shows in recent years?" but realized I was getting her confused with Julia Louis-Dreyfus*. Though apparently Cougar Town was on for a number of years so maybe it qualifies? I never watched it and forgot it existed

Cougar Town was great after the first half season and ABC loosed the reins on Bill Lawrence letting him do what he wanted with the show. Even let him advertise the show with the tagline 'Great Show, Terrible Name.'

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Johnny Aztec posted:

Wait,, so he had a burger, left, decided he wanted a 2nd burger and tried to get the table back?

What?

He had some burger and was gonna come back for the rest.

HE WAS ON A BREAK

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/jinpaynus/status/1231500269550092288?s=19

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Replies raise some excellent points

https://twitter.com/nos_junk_music/status/1231512462073176065

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Randaconda posted:

He was also a pretty good villain in an episode of Criminal Minds. Even if he did look weird with long hair.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Eh! Frank posted:

I’m heading down to DC tomorrow to spend a week staying at a hotel where they have offered me a (extra cost) upgrade to what they call their “Selina Meyer Suite”, all dressed like a set from Veep

Work is paying. I am conflicted

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Feb 24, 2020

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

I’m heading down to DC tomorrow to spend a week staying at a hotel where they have offered me a (extra cost) upgrade to what they call their “Selina Meyer Suite”, all dressed like a set from Veep

If the ambiance will help with your job then it's all good

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Smurfette wasn't born a Smurf, by the by. Well they weren't born at all as they were technically a golem.

So Smurfs are pretty much Transformers? Everyone is male and Smurfette and Arcee were created by insane assholes.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Data Graham posted:

Work pays for that? Holy gently caress.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Work pays for that? Holy gently caress.

To be clear, they're paying for the hotel already, but I'm not sure they'll be amused if I go for the upgrade

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

i'm the coke on the phone.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Kheldarn posted:

He was also a pretty good villain in an episode of Criminal Minds. Even if he did look weird with long hair.

https://twitter.com/thejessgoodwin/status/1197658383136034817

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pick posted:

I will also accept Ugly Americans episode "Kill Mark, Kill"

Ugly Americans both ended precisely when it should have and should have had more episodes.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Ugly Americans both ended precisely when it should have and should have had more episodes.

^

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This was also the first time I saw a hi-res version of this Bernie image, and was horrified to find Bernie has a snot-trail draining out of his nose.

mother i am once again asking you to tell your children not to walk my way.

i am once again asking you to *punched in the face noise*

snergle has a new favorite as of 03:28 on Feb 24, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pastry of the Year posted:

Ugly Americans is a weird show in that I cannot recommend it to anyone, and I'm not sure if it's good, or it was ever good, but I watched the crap out of it and some lines still make me laugh.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The guy who played Mark now voices Kite Man on the Harley Quinn cartoon show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The Harley Quinn show is just so much better than it has any right to be.

And Nthing that Ugly Americans ended at just the right time - with people still wanting more.