Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It is me. But I want to be Godzilla, not the tornado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's set to turn the hydrogen generator right next to it on. Is it likely that the draw, whatever it is, is more than one hydro generator can supply? (probably the jukebot. It is always the jukebot.)
Exactly - that is my guess. The jukebot draws 960w which is more than one hydro generator, at least if you don't tune it up.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Tune Up is a bit of a waste too.

Sanguinaire
Feb 10, 2003
A waste in terms of refined metal or dupe labor? I just tell them to use lead, which I have over a hundred tons of.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
How do I use the airborne critter lure? Will a critter trap actually trap a flying critter that has been lured by it?

insta
Jan 28, 2009
Here is my whole save_files folder zipped up.

"Gimmie Shelter" was the base as I received it.
* I then skill-scrubbed and adjusted priorities -- every dupe now has up through Exosuit Training. Roles are more specialized.
* Then bedrooms and bathrooms.
* Then a SPOM for the base, chilled by an AETN.
* Then 12x atmosuits, and a non-chilled SPOM for filling the dock.

That's labelled as "MIDGAME". There were a few auto-saves after that where I just start wholesale coring out the map, but at this point I'll probably leave it up to others to continue on it. Arsenic, if there's any builds you'd like me to actually put in, please let me know. It's one thing to watch a YouTube video, it's another thing to see it happening on your own map. This map is in a state where you can let it run unattended for an hour or so. The only critical thing is that the base oxygen is coming from a pool of finite water, rather than the renewing sources. There are two salt-water geysers down low, you can desalinate forever. The base-providing SPOM will accept 95C water and still keep it under control.

Now that the priorities are readjusted, look at what I did to them and do that in your next map :) I deprioritized nearly everything, or disallowed it completely. The important tasks are set to "normal" -- I don't think I set anything above that. I don't really differentiate between builders & diggers anymore either, they both get lumped into "front-line infantry". To continue on this map, I would suggest making big rows of ladders and coring out the map. Don't worry about storage, that's mostly taken care of (there is an ore dropper in the left of the base on low priority for your janitors (the "t." dupes) to handle. Before you start a big build (industrial brick is next), plunk down 5 storage containers near where you want to build and set them to hold your building materials. Maybe 10T of gold amalgam for buildings, 50T of igneous rock (for insulated walls), 20T of granite (for uninsulated pipes & floor tiles). Disable the ore dropper, allow dupes through the screen door below it, and just leave for a few minutes while they fill the containers. The map is stable, you can leave it :) Then, when the buildings are full, pause, queue up your build (use priority 6), and watch the stupid speed these guys build.

I want to get back to my Oaisse map, so I'll leave it at that :) ("making dinner" is the most recent one for that if anybody wants to load that up).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NwSKXM5fX16Rclj938FMigBf0RZ3RA-N/view

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sanguinaire posted:

A waste in terms of refined metal or dupe labor? I just tell them to use lead, which I have over a hundred tons of.
Space, actually, but labour would be my next point. I like to keep my generator spaces small and build large battery banks, so the refined metal is a fixed cost rather than variable. Plus I'm about to build a proper steam powerplant that should power my oil biome until long after this save will blackhole itself.

Nektu posted:

How do I use the airborne critter lure? Will a critter trap actually trap a flying critter that has been lured by it?
There's a Wrangle Airborne Critters mod that will let you get on with actually doing interesting work instead of whatever they meant lures to be.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Nektu posted:

I don't think critter traps work on flying things. Lures are mostly pointless, the best way to catch a flying critter is to build a stable where they are and use the autowrangle to move them to where you want them to be.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Don't ask how many things I saw as liquids for the first time when building this. Also, dupes will gladly dig abyssalite from below. In magma.

Not only did I put out enough heat to overwhelm the aquatuner and start scalding dupes in the area, but my reservoir started to overheat and I had to swap it out for gold amalgam. Now the coolant can flow between smelting runs instead of sitting around at 200ºC.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 23, 2020

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

insta posted:

Here is my whole save_files folder zipped up.

"Gimmie Shelter" was the base as I received it.
* I then skill-scrubbed and adjusted priorities -- every dupe now has up through Exosuit Training. Roles are more specialized.
* Then bedrooms and bathrooms.
* Then a SPOM for the base, chilled by an AETN.
* Then 12x atmosuits, and a non-chilled SPOM for filling the dock.

That's labelled as "MIDGAME". There were a few auto-saves after that where I just start wholesale coring out the map, but at this point I'll probably leave it up to others to continue on it. Arsenic, if there's any builds you'd like me to actually put in, please let me know. It's one thing to watch a YouTube video, it's another thing to see it happening on your own map. This map is in a state where you can let it run unattended for an hour or so. The only critical thing is that the base oxygen is coming from a pool of finite water, rather than the renewing sources. There are two salt-water geysers down low, you can desalinate forever. The base-providing SPOM will accept 95C water and still keep it under control.

Now that the priorities are readjusted, look at what I did to them and do that in your next map :) I deprioritized nearly everything, or disallowed it completely. The important tasks are set to "normal" -- I don't think I set anything above that. I don't really differentiate between builders & diggers anymore either, they both get lumped into "front-line infantry". To continue on this map, I would suggest making big rows of ladders and coring out the map. Don't worry about storage, that's mostly taken care of (there is an ore dropper in the left of the base on low priority for your janitors (the "t." dupes) to handle. Before you start a big build (industrial brick is next), plunk down 5 storage containers near where you want to build and set them to hold your building materials. Maybe 10T of gold amalgam for buildings, 50T of igneous rock (for insulated walls), 20T of granite (for uninsulated pipes & floor tiles). Disable the ore dropper, allow dupes through the screen door below it, and just leave for a few minutes while they fill the containers. The map is stable, you can leave it :) Then, when the buildings are full, pause, queue up your build (use priority 6), and watch the stupid speed these guys build.

I want to get back to my Oaisse map, so I'll leave it at that :) ("making dinner" is the most recent one for that if anybody wants to load that up).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NwSKXM5fX16Rclj938FMigBf0RZ3RA-N/view

Splendid. I'm going to go see what's up.

Is there any way to tell the egg cracker which eggs to crack? Like, the equivalent of "sweep only"?

insta
Jan 28, 2009
What's your use case? The usual method is incubators (unpowered) with a priority level one higher than your cracker. Dupes will fill the incubator first, and crack what's left.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Ugh building this condenser with room for only one thermo regulator suuuuuuucks. Now I know why the channel I found this design on used four.

insta posted:

What's your use case? The usual method is incubators (unpowered) with a priority level one higher than your cracker. Dupes will fill the incubator first, and crack what's left.
That doesn't always work when you want animals in a nature preserve (i.e. pips planting stuff so my surplus deckos can eat).

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

insta posted:

Aha! Thanks.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
This might be a use-case to help people struggling with getting their dupes to do things (especially if you're yellow/red alerting all the time) ...

The priority system is unintuitive, but makes total sense when it's finally explained (or clicks). Everything a dupe does in the base is a "task". Tasks are generated by the engine in response to things (usually you ordering a dig or build), and a dupe will take a task in the order it thinks it should, assuming the skill permits it and the "Priority" tab isn't disabled for them.

Each dupe has an internal list of tasks they will do, sorted from most important to least important. The sort criteria is actually numeric. I know somebody will correct me on the actual numbers, but it seems to behave like:

* Tens place: priority in the "Priorities" window. "Very Low" = 10, "Very High" = 50.
* Ones place: priority on the task itself, from 1-9. This is the "why the gently caress won't you do it now" selector when you're prioritizing digs or whatever, that most people end up ratcheting slowly to 9 & yellow alert.

The priority selector itself is very weak vs. the Priorities window, which is the unintuitive part IMO. But, computers don't "maybe" numbers. A 49 is absolutely smaller than a 51, so a dupe will happily run to the other side of the map to harvest mealwood vs. the priority 9 tile-build right next to them, if the Priorities window. If you reset all priorities to "standard", then set one dupe to "high" for digging, then issue a "priority 1" (lowest) dig across the whole map, that one dupe will mine the whole map before they look for another task to do. This applies to anything that dupes do, and in your case "Store Egg" is the task. The incubator will always win over the cracker, if it's available and the types match.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Shumagorath posted:

Don't ask how many things I saw as liquids for the first time when building this. Also, dupes will gladly dig abyssalite from below. In magma.

Ha, tapping the core is always an adventure. I built one just to see if I could, but cooled with an aquatuner it's barely power positive. It just powers a single gas shutoff for my slickster ranch now :v:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Now with temperature-controled valves that prevent the coolant from bypassing the refineries when it's below 125ºC. That way all of the aquatuner area-cooling energy goes into the steam instead of the petroleum.

Yes it's sandbox mode but honestly this is past the point where I can leave anything up to dupes.

Dezinus posted:

Ha, tapping the core is always an adventure. I built one just to see if I could, but cooled with an aquatuner it's barely power positive. It just powers a single gas shutoff for my slickster ranch now :v:
Hmmm, good point. I'm capping that steam at 200ºC using that thermo sensor and only turning them on according to the 90-50 on the batteries. The aquatuner is helping that box and the thermo regulator that's cooling the condensor plate in my sour gas tower (screenshots when it finally works, but hey I found ~800 tonnes of sour gas for free!). When that comes online, the aquatuner has a section of radiant liquid pipe running over it that will pre-heat the oil bound for the sour gas boiler.

Anyway... those turbines are powering the entire oil biome handily but I have petroleum and coal as emergency backups even though my power draw will rarely burst over their combined 2550W.

Oh, and in case anyone thought CO2 had weak thermal conductivity: It will still melt lead five tiles away from magma if there's ~9kg per tile.

Winter can't be over soon enough.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 23, 2020

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Dezinus posted:

To really get power out of steam turbines, you have to make them self-cooling, which means keeping your steam temperature low enough that each turbine is only running at like 35% power. Also, filling their room with hydrogen helps them exchange heat with their pipes a bit better.

There's also a weird bug where dropping water into the steam chamber magically deletes some heat, with the amount proportional to how dense the steam is. That means that you'll burn through your supply of hot magma sooner than is necessary, which is more relevant if you're running this off of a volcano. Putting a layer of petroleum/crude oil on the floor of the steam chamber and placing the liquid vent right at the floor supposedly prevents that from happening.

There's another bug where sometimes heat just doesn't want to conduct through the doors and into the steam chamber. Building any kind of bridges (say, liquid bridges) such that one end of the bridge is on the doors and the other is in the steam chamber seems to help with that.

In my latest colony I decided to forgo solar power and try to get most of my sustainable power from volcanoes, and I experimented with a bunch of different setups to learn these things. Another thing I learned: definitely build double-thickness insulated walls when isolating a magma chamber, or the heat will eventually make its way through and suddenly all your steam is 1000F and the turbines are overheating and your power turns off.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Triarii posted:

To really get power out of steam turbines, you have to make them self-cooling, which means keeping your steam temperature low enough that each turbine is only running at like 35% power. Also, filling their room with hydrogen helps them exchange heat with their pipes a bit better.

There's also a weird bug where dropping water into the steam chamber magically deletes some heat, with the amount proportional to how dense the steam is. That means that you'll burn through your supply of hot magma sooner than is necessary, which is more relevant if you're running this off of a volcano. Putting a layer of petroleum/crude oil on the floor of the steam chamber and placing the liquid vent right at the floor supposedly prevents that from happening.

There's another bug where sometimes heat just doesn't want to conduct through the doors and into the steam chamber. Building any kind of bridges (say, liquid bridges) such that one end of the bridge is on the doors and the other is in the steam chamber seems to help with that.

In my latest colony I decided to forgo solar power and try to get most of my sustainable power from volcanoes, and I experimented with a bunch of different setups to learn these things. Another thing I learned: definitely build double-thickness insulated walls when isolating a magma chamber, or the heat will eventually make its way through and suddenly all your steam is 1000F and the turbines are overheating and your power turns off.
Thanks! One of my aquaturbines doesn't have the vent on the floor but that one is only there to cool the building anyway, so it's not a huge deal if I don't recover maximum power from it poo poo, fixing that refinery again. You'll notice when building that geothermal plant I kept as much abyssalite as possible and I've been doing this all over the map, slapping insulated tile into any breaks map-wide. In another case I hope is ready to show off soon (already over cycle 600, gotta move on from ONI eventually) I wasted a lot of ceramic that could have just been more vacuum, but I left myself just enough room to fix that.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 23, 2020

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

insta posted:

The priority selector itself is very weak vs. the Priorities window, which is the unintuitive part IMO. But, computers don't "maybe" numbers. A 49 is absolutely smaller than a 51, so a dupe will happily run to the other side of the map to harvest mealwood vs. the priority 9 tile-build right next to them, if the Priorities window. If you reset all priorities to "standard", then set one dupe to "high" for digging, then issue a "priority 1" (lowest) dig across the whole map, that one dupe will mine the whole map before they look for another task to do. This applies to anything that dupes do, and in your case "Store Egg" is the task. The incubator will always win over the cracker, if it's available and the types match.

Wow, that was useful, thank you. That would be why there were so many weird priorities in that save; I was playing WHAT THE gently caress DUPES a lot. In fact, I'd gotten so twisted up in priorities that I had to set tasks to 6 to get them done at all.

The thing I'm confused by in my current build is that it's possible to set up dupes so that their assigned tasks are more important than eating, even without hitting the !! button. I'm going to try to set everything other than life support (and moving slime and bleachstone) to 5, and see if that helps.

e: Do you want to talk about skills, and how you use them once you're past the "need somebody to build, somebody to dig, oh whoops that guy can cook and tidy" mode?

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The thing I'm confused by in my current build is that it's possible to set up dupes so that their assigned tasks are more important than eating, even without hitting the !! button.

I'm pretty sure that's not possible, since dupes have dedicated downtime in their schedules where they won't even consider doing tasks. Sometimes you'll get a notification that someone is starving, but that tends to be because their last task before they went to eat ended up being miles away and their calorie count ticked below the starvation notification threshold before they could get to the dining hall. I've never seen anything bad happen as a result of that, unless of course they were actually starving because they trapped themselves in a pit or something.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I wish they would at least finish carrying errands. I've had ice and snow dropped in the middle of the base and not noticed it until it was a puddle.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I have a heck of a lot of muckroot my dupes will never eat, stored early in the game. Is there anything useful to do with the stuff other than feed it to sage hatches?

Muckroot never rots. Keep it as a reserve in case you have to smash your farms apart to use the space for something or accidentally run out of slime.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

insta posted:

This might be a use-case to help people struggling with getting their dupes to do things (especially if you're yellow/red alerting all the time) ...

The priority system is unintuitive, but makes total sense when it's finally explained (or clicks). Everything a dupe does in the base is a "task". Tasks are generated by the engine in response to things (usually you ordering a dig or build), and a dupe will take a task in the order it thinks it should, assuming the skill permits it and the "Priority" tab isn't disabled for them.

Each dupe has an internal list of tasks they will do, sorted from most important to least important. The sort criteria is actually numeric. I know somebody will correct me on the actual numbers, but it seems to behave like:

* Tens place: priority in the "Priorities" window. "Very Low" = 10, "Very High" = 50.
* Ones place: priority on the task itself, from 1-9. This is the "why the gently caress won't you do it now" selector when you're prioritizing digs or whatever, that most people end up ratcheting slowly to 9 & yellow alert.

I honestly can't word right now well enough to explain the other problem people constantly run into - that dupes reserve a task when they are idle, and in the case of a dig order of a 3-high tunnel and four miners, there's going to be a lot of dupes running across the map as someone else reserves the task they're actually close to.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Triarii posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not possible, since dupes have dedicated downtime in their schedules where they won't even consider doing tasks. Sometimes you'll get a notification that someone is starving, but that tends to be because their last task before they went to eat ended up being miles away and their calorie count ticked below the starvation notification threshold before they could get to the dining hall. I've never seen anything bad happen as a result of that, unless of course they were actually starving because they trapped themselves in a pit or something.

It's not possible but you can get a very similar-looking effect when the dupes get their eat task interrupted, 99% of the time because they can't breathe.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Wow, that was useful, thank you. That would be why there were so many weird priorities in that save; I was playing WHAT THE gently caress DUPES a lot. In fact, I'd gotten so twisted up in priorities that I had to set tasks to 6 to get them done at all.

The thing I'm confused by in my current build is that it's possible to set up dupes so that their assigned tasks are more important than eating, even without hitting the !! button. I'm going to try to set everything other than life support (and moving slime and bleachstone) to 5, and see if that helps.

e: Do you want to talk about skills, and how you use them once you're past the "need somebody to build, somebody to dig, oh whoops that guy can cook and tidy" mode?

The skills mechanic is a lot more straightforward. Skilling up a dupe gives them either the ability to do a particular task (super-hard digging), or a bonus to it (+2 construction), at the cost of morale requirements. More skills = more morale.

I put builders & diggers on the same priority, because the guys up front digging out the wall of igneous are the same guys I want building the igneous ladder segments. It makes everything so much faster. The only difference is I skill them up in their preferred tree first, but all "front line" dupes get both digging & building. Later-game I will usually make my diggers up through superduperhard & medium construction, and my builders superhard digging, max construction, and mechatronics engineering. All dupes no exception get exosuit training, and I get exosuits running ASAP.

Choose new dupes based on their interests vs colony needs. Prioritize them based on their interests. Skill them based on their priorities. You understood the skills part just fine, you just prioritized dupes to do too many things. You can absolutely skill them in every interest they have, just make sure the priorities are appropriate for what your colony needs, and respect the morale requirements. It's easier to keep skills low than add morale past about 20.

The assigned tasks vs. eating is not enough downtime. Give them more downtime, more bathtime, and less bedtime. There is no downside to more bathtime, as they will go to work when they're done peeing even if they're not in their work schedule yet. If they have enough downtime to get to the base & eat, their bed is right there and they can get by with 2 segments of bedtime.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Shumagorath posted:

There's a Wrangle Airborne Critters mod that will let you get on with actually doing interesting work instead of whatever they meant lures to be.
Lol, I just installed a mod because a shinebug got into my sleeping quarters.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I had to modify that geothermal plant posted earlier because the left side was 300+ and the right side < 200. The temperature also shot up well over 200 when the conductor doors closed. Adding an eighth door on the right didn't help much so I split the exhaust water outlets into three spouts and we'll see how it goes.

I need the sour gas boiler online faster so the oil headed in can cool the aquatuner, so I added two more thermo regulators... which make the aquatuner work harder :psyduck: Petroleum power is now coming online infrequently and the turbines are running 24/7.

Anyway there's my blog about the oil biome going to poo poo because my reach exceeds my grasp.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Uh, I think something went wrong... :psyduck:

Map just generated nothing but solid Abyssalite.

Edit: turns out there's a bug where some "Slime Mold" maps just implode and generate null worlds.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 23, 2020

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Cycle 1 - colony lost

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

<Chaos Space Marine voice> IT IS DONE!

(yes some of that ceramic is the telltale 20ºC of magic but my initial math was off, sue me)

Methane liquefication at the bottom still isn't constant so I might have to set that thermo sensor lower yet again. Like the geothermal plant, the temperature surges way too fast up top and shoots north of 700ºC in an instant, so I've powered the heat exchange doors to see if I can limit the time they're closed.

If they ever change the 1Kg pipe volume concession this whole thing falls apart, including the extra cooling I'm extracting from liquefying the sulfur by passing it over the aquatuner and out of the biome.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 23, 2020

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

What's the zoom way out command? I can't find it in the menus.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
Screenshot mode (Alt+S by default) then the zoom is uncapped.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

There's also a mod that lets you zoom all the way out.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Brothgar going over the upcoming automation changes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CEa5Y-bpF4

Excited about the changes. Lots of cool stuff in there. That new timer sensor is going to make stuff so much simpler.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I love Sweepy and want a plushie. Klei are just geniuses at making games that are not only taxing but cute. As Brothgar said, those animations are wonderful.

I went down the YouTube hole and started watching Francis John "nuggets", which I really appreciate because you can learn one thing and not have to watch an entire 30-minute production. He did one on why comfy beds and showers aren't necessary, and I was pleased to see lots of other people in the comments saying "But I want my dupes to be happy!" Me, too. Not just have high Morale, but lead a comfortable life when they aren't walling themselves into volcanos.

e: Oh, my God, Klei makes animated shorts purely for fun. This one doesn't demonstrate any new features, it's just a comedy gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV1rZerf31Q

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 23, 2020

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Han Nehi posted:

Brothgar going over the upcoming automation changes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CEa5Y-bpF4

Excited about the changes. Lots of cool stuff in there. That new timer sensor is going to make stuff so much simpler.
imagining your avatar as the narrator made watching this video better

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I think I finally fixed the insane thermal swings of both the sour gas boiler and the geothermal power by using obsidian tiles on the side of the heat exchange that contacts the working fluid. Diamond or even steel on the cold side was heating up far too fast even with a diamond plate behind the temperature sensor. Powered exchanger doors are also a must.

Edit:
SERIAL CHILLA
SERIOUS DISTILLA

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 23, 2020

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Insta, do you happen to have a Rodriguez blueprint? I see what is going on, but it looks tedious to build by hand. There isn't one on Blueprints Not INcluded.

In "priorities" I see that everybody has Tidy and Operate as raised priorities, with everything else Normal. Much simpler.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
When looking at the priorities tab, sort by duplicant name. The way you prefaced the names with their job helps to keep them together. I just loaded your map up again, and apparently I goobered one set of priorities (s.Ashkan, he's now a tidier), but most of them are good. Only the tidiers have tidy boosted, and it's only "high" because their order is:

Life Support > Tidy > Store > Supply > Everything else. Usually I never have to go above "normal" on any priority, since I drop everything so low.

I don't have a blueprint to make the Rodriguez. I'd just suggest building the horizontal layers first, getting it all wired / plumbed in, then building the vertical walls. That's how I build them. You will trap a dupe in one, it's a rite of passage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Here's my blueprint. I copied it from someone else, possibly FJ himself.
Full Rodriguez

This one is for hydro rockets when you only want the hydrogen and you let the oxygen vent to space.
Naked Rodriguez