Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

gh0stpinballa posted:

annibale from war nerd was talking gladio on the TL the other day, one of his replies mentioned a book called 20 days of turin. i figured what the hell, bought it on kindle. absolutely amazing horror/occult history type book, highly recommend for its eerie anticipation of epstein brain vibes. about a third of the way in. a bit kafka, a bit marquez, creepy af.

Thank you for recommending this. I'm about a third of the way through it now and thoroughly enjoying the Kafka meets Lovecraft vibe the book gives off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

whats your pod?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

whats your pod?

ghost stories for the end of the world

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

papa horny michael posted:

the alab podcast did an entire episode about this guy, so now i follow him

https://twitter.com/isamuel

Pinned tweet:
https://twitter.com/isamuel/status/1160194929588486145

I like the cut of this guy's jib.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

exmarx posted:

i recently realised who amber's live show mannerisms/tone remind me of: greg proops

Greg Proops is the most lib-brained man in existence

If you don't believe me look at his Twitter it reads like parody

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
going to the chapo show tonight and I’m now looking forward to some good orb content

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Hoot and hollor to the point you get told to settle down like people did in Dublin

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Zoran posted:

going to the chapo show tonight and I’m now looking forward to some good orb content

same

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
We need to come up with something goons can scream at live shows. Kind of like Baba Booey with Howard Stern.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
something something smooth bernie.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

MizPiz posted:

We need to come up with something goons can scream at live shows. Kind of like Baba Booey with Howard Stern.

this is why nobody wants to do goonmeets anymore

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
listened to some of the more recent true anons about like the democratic primary, is their back catalog more poo poo like that or is it mostly epstein

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

listened to some of the more recent true anons about like the democratic primary, is their back catalog more poo poo like that or is it mostly epstein

trueanon is the best podcast and will always be relevant

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm gonna scream "pizza follow me!" At the Chapo show in Sac

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"be gay do crimes" is the only acceptable thing to yell imo

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"fire! Fire!!!" Is usually fun too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Siljmonster posted:

Psycho Soldier?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Will frustratedly trying to nip the "who was the most anhedonic president?" derail in the bud is one of my favorite lowkey moments in the whole show

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Siljmonster posted:

:roflolmao:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
can confirm that the chapo show owned

they were going to go over the fail jail candidates in 4th-6th in Nevada but used all that time just clowning on warren and forgot about the others. lmao

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

prefect posted:

Pinned tweet:
https://twitter.com/isamuel/status/1160194929588486145

I like the cut of this guy's jib.

he's a serial sexual harasser, who attempts to grift using progressive and woke language

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
ezra klein interviewed Ehrenreich on his podcast

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i could never listen to an ezra klein podcast because i'm sure i'd start lashing out at my loved ones as a result

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Bro Dad posted:

Greg Proops is the most lib-brained man in existence

If you don't believe me look at his Twitter it reads like parody

Proops blocked me and it hurts worse than when Adomian did.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

papa horny michael posted:

he's a serial sexual harasser, who attempts to grift using progressive and woke language

Well, poo poo.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the alab episode is real good.

https://twitter.com/_FleerUltra/status/1225510785465622529?s=19

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

T-man posted:

"be gay do crimes" is the only acceptable thing to yell imo

i wasn't expecting an endorsement of ed buck when i opened this thread ten seconds ago but here we are

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Gripweed posted:

Will frustratedly trying to nip the "who was the most anhedonic president?" derail in the bud is one of my favorite lowkey moments in the whole show

his clear distaste for matt singing is my fave ongoing subplot

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Percelus posted:

i could never listen to an ezra klein podcast because i'm sure i'd start lashing out at my loved ones as a result
I listened to him interview Angela Nagle, because I have a powerful brain.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

i wasn't expecting an endorsement of ed buck when i opened this thread ten seconds ago but here we are

more like dead gently caress amirite

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

even if you're not a big legal nerd or otherwise interested in ALAB, their ep on Ian Samuel is loving amazing and an absolutely mandatory listen, because the guy is a Divorced Dad Energy elemental and his rise and fall are absolutely loving hilarious. also listen to ALAB anyway

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Been well established that libs are terrified of Amber because an apologetically leftist woman who ticks all their woke kween boxes without actually being a wokelib is their worst nightmare who could shatter them with a word

its this, the core Animus of libs hating leftists comes from the fact that leftists represent a repudiation of all the moral compromises they've ever made in service of success, and Amber - a poor white woman who fought against the odds to become a successful professional in a traditionally liberal field - should be a shining example of the #girlboss liberal archetype, but instead she refused to give in on her ideals and thus is an uncompromising Marxist hellraiser.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Finicums Wake posted:

ezra klein interviewed Ehrenreich on his podcast

Matt's Ehrenreich interview almost made me hate Chapo. I can't imagine I would much enjoy Ezra's version of it.

Ehrenreich sucks as an interviewee, is what I'm saying.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

its this, the core Animus of libs hating leftists comes from the fact that leftists represent a repudiation of all the moral compromises they've ever made in service of success, and Amber - a poor white woman who fought against the odds to become a successful professional in a traditionally liberal field - should be a shining example of the #girlboss liberal archetype, but instead she refused to give in on her ideals and thus is an uncompromising Marxist hellraiser.
amber rocks because i identify with going to community college because your family was on the poor side and then being surrounded by a bunch of well-off liberals in university and grad school who have no loving clue what it's like to be poor

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Megadittoes.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ehrenreich owns and im glad everyone dies

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

yep same reason trueanon liz gets so much flak, powerful soviet queens attacked by losers. i hate it guys.

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019
LOL I bet that I could loving name the bar that Ian Samuel (allegedly) groped those students at

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

THS posted:

ehrenreich owns

She does, she just sucks as an interviewee.

Shipon posted:

amber rocks because i identify with going to community college because your family was on the poor side and then being surrounded by a bunch of well-off liberals in university and grad school who have no loving clue what it's like to be poor

Did you hear that a shitposter who happens to be disabled said she wasn't 100% courteous to him a couple years ago? Hah, she doesn't rock so much now, does she?:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
seeing the way people defend her online completely unbidden does make me empathize with amber's utter disdain for keyboard touchers