Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

The art book has so much gorgeous artwork in it. Absolutely worth the $40 I put into the kickstarter on its own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I definitely pledged artbook level on the KS but never got it. I figured it hadn’t shipped yet. gently caress. What the hell?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Did you sign up for their external reward fulfillment site thing? I got a download option from there when the game shipped

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

ninjewtsu posted:

Did you sign up for their external reward fulfillment site thing? I got a download option from there when the game shipped

I think so? I’ll have to go check. poo poo. I certainly got my Steam codes / etc from somewhere...

Did they ever send out physical rewards? That hasn’t actually happened yet, right?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Pathos posted:

I think so? I’ll have to go check. poo poo. I certainly got my Steam codes / etc from somewhere...

Did they ever send out physical rewards? That hasn’t actually happened yet, right?

I bought it from Steam personally, it's DLC. I assume if you backed at high enough tier you should get the code though, dunno. I haven't backed the game myself.

There's so much great artwork in there I'm having trouble picking what to print as a poster :supaburn:

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 18, 2020

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Bholder posted:

Do statuses increase faster as days go on since time flows faster and everything?

I believe so.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I printed like 12 posters personally

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pathos posted:

I definitely pledged artbook level on the KS but never got it. I figured it hadn’t shipped yet. gently caress. What the hell?
You can probably download the digital version whenever (haven't tried myself), but the physical swag hasn't been sent out yet afaik

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

I printed like 12 posters personally

I don't particularly wanna turn my gooncave into a pathologic 2 mural

Wait, what am I saying? Of course I wanna do that!

edit; settled on: the polyhedron at night, the Twyre combinations poster from the Lair, and the art-deco-ish theathre poster with broken mirror and lots of tragedians/clocks

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 18, 2020

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Well, I'm done with a playthrough and I think we have established that I'm bad at video games. I didn't find Taya until day 10 and basically missed the whole story with the kin. I could have sworn I looked at every door on all the levels, but apparently not. Also I thought I needed an army coat for the third level of inventory upgrade. So much unnecessary hassle.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Polyhedron at day and polyhedron at night are excellent companion posters

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

genericnick posted:

Well, I'm done with a playthrough and I think we have established that I'm bad at video games. I didn't find Taya until day 10 and basically missed the whole story with the kin. I could have sworn I looked at every door on all the levels, but apparently not. Also I thought I needed an army coat for the third level of inventory upgrade. So much unnecessary hassle.

are you planning on doing another playthrough? what ending did you choose?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

youcallthatatwist posted:

are you planning on doing another playthrough? what ending did you choose?

I think I'll go for another round once my new PC arrives. There seem to be a lot of character interactions I missed the first time. I blew the polyhedron up. Mostly because it felt like doing something.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
P2: Big Vlad has gone to the termitary and Commander Block has come to town. Should I check up on Vlad in the termitary? When I tried to go during the night after he first went I wasn't able to talk to anyone (or missed something). I definitely need to go to the abbatoir but I don't know how to trigger that.

Also I want to say that I really like the attention to how characters are named.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Gotta say if you haven’t played this game yet, now would be a timely opportunity to get into it!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pathos posted:

Gotta say if you haven’t played this game yet, now would be a timely opportunity to get into it!

I wonder if they're still selling the executor mask and robes

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/foxlesbian/status/1233546280481193984?s=19

Unless there's been an error P2 is coming out on PS4 on March 6th

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

youcallthatatwist posted:

https://twitter.com/foxlesbian/status/1233546280481193984?s=19

Unless there's been an error P2 is coming out on PS4 on March 6th

good because I'm not getting my fatass off the couch to restart this fucker (gave up around day 8 on the last attempt)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Finally! I cannot wait!

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
The hospital quest expecting you to burn a schmowder on a random dude for the sake of the changeling is insane. I'm not sure I'd even get properly paid for it since the army's taken over.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This might be a bit frivolous, but I'd be interested to know whether the genuine global pandemic has caused sales of this game to go up or down.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Rand Brittain posted:

This might be a bit frivolous, but I'd be interested to know whether the genuine global pandemic has caused sales of this game to go up or down.

I feel like it would be hard to figure out what was the virus and what was it being put on PS4 last Friday

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I had no idea it came to PS4. Maybe now I can actually play it! I backed it because I wanted to support them, but my computer turned out to be...not quite up to snuff.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I had no idea it came to PS4. Maybe now I can actually play it! I backed it because I wanted to support them, but my computer turned out to be...not quite up to snuff.

When did you try playing it? It had some memory leak/performance issues for a while after release but they've patched it since then and apparently it's better now (I haven't played since that patch so I can't confirm personally).

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Pathos posted:

I actually did buy this last Friday, and played through to the 4th day last weekend. The parallels are absolutely terrifying. Sometimes I hear people irl saying poo poo that could come from Big Vlad or somebody at the bar. Especially when reading accounts from people living through the quarantine in Italy. The class conflict, the personal risk taken to preserve normalcy... it's at once soothing and completely awful. On March 12, I felt like I was entering the 2nd day, when there was a known body count but little direct conversation, just insinuation, blame, and ignorance.

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 14, 2020

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Stark Fist posted:

I actually did buy this last Friday, and played through to the 4th day last weekend. The parallels are absolutely terrifying. Sometimes I hear people irl saying poo poo that could come from Big Vlad or somebody at the bar. Especially when reading accounts from people living through the quarantine in Italy. The class conflict, the personal risk taken to preserve normalcy... it's at once soothing and completely awful. On March 12, I felt like I was entering the 2nd day, when there was a known body count but little direct conversation, just insinuation, blame, and ignorance.

Haha, that's awesome. I keep thinking about the game's experiences these days, so I'm glad I'm not the only one that resonated with. I mean, yeah, we don't have steppe creatures running around, but maybe we should!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I have to admit that I started before we had local cases. And since causes have to precede effects....
Good work on the immersion though!

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Someone should change the thread title to indicate that the game is now real life and we're all Artemy

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pathos posted:

Someone should change the thread title to indicate that the game is now real life and we're all Artemy

Nah, I'm clearly Dankovsky. Highly educated and utterly useless.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

genericnick posted:

Nah, I'm clearly Dankovsky. Highly educated and utterly useless.

Nah, you're not enough of an rear end in a top hat to be Danny.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Nah, you're not enough of an rear end in a top hat to be Danny.

gently caress you.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

genericnick posted:

gently caress you.

Better, better.... not getting the total disdain for steppe culture and customs yet, but that's better.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The Cheshire Cat posted:

When did you try playing it? It had some memory leak/performance issues for a while after release but they've patched it since then and apparently it's better now (I haven't played since that patch so I can't confirm personally).

My video card is showing its age is more the issue.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stark Fist posted:

Day Eight: In which the Haruspex realizes he forgot the toilet paper

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

genericnick posted:

gently caress you.

Not enough latin.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

StrixNebulosa posted:

Better, better.... not getting the total disdain for steppe culture and customs yet, but that's better.

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo, as my good friend Catullus says.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Learn how to survive coronavirus with some buttons and marbles: Pathologic 2 Thread

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Shotgunning lemons down my throat as I type

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It would be extremely on-brand for Icepick if their sales spiked because of a real world plague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I'm on day 10 and wondering if I should use my cures (that I'm lucky to have enough of) to cure as many of the infected kids as I can or if I should try to treat them so they don't just get infected again. But I don't have enough tinctures or infected organs to really cure all of them.