Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Chev posted:

There's a reason those CDs were called CD-roms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WamkRSDeD8&t=169s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla

GUI posted:

The Scarface game was much better than it had any right to be.

Kinda related: I loved the 2 Godfather games that EA made. They were so fun

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

GeauxSteve posted:

Kinda related: I loved the 2 Godfather games that EA made. They were so fun

Was playing the second yesterday. It was really fun.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

the next evolution of gacha games is just getting random games that self destruct

ooh you wanted animal crossing sorry that's a double decker ultra rare, here's your copy of BMXXX, good for 2 hours

I guess it would solve the backlog problem some people have if the games just exploded

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Battle pass model, you keep getting a new gamebox to open as long as you beat the last game in under 2 weeks

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

sharrrk posted:

think he still lives in japan atm so probably not

Isn't he Canadian anyway?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Khanstant posted:

.Are you emulating a Playstation on your PC to play FF7 ROM instead of playing one of the PC versions? Or are you playing on a modded nGage or something?

Emulating on my Samsung S10. This is the only time I've ever had problems strangely.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I got Dying Light on a 20$ sale and I was having a lot of fun with it until mmmmmmmmm exactly this moment where I had to do the first mission where you fight five humans at the pharmacy. I was playing on Nightmare (you get double EXP, thought it was worth it) and I used all four of my active weapons bludgeoning a single guy and didn't kill him. Dropped it to Hard and literally slammed a single guy in the head forty times and didn't kill him. Just chainstunning him on the ground and continually getting back up. I died like 20 times to the encounter DESPITE if you kill one they stay dead. You can't change your active weapon slots during a paused game, so I was just like "well it's one guy even if the weapon is broken I need to finish this guy off before I can swap out" and this was the result. I think the game might be significantly more loot-based than I thought

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

games thread i am going to confide in you my great secret, i've gotten too drunk for a sunday and know i will not be feeling well tomorrow and so i have used a "sick day" to take time off of work, and intend to get even more drunk and play a bunch of videogames. i tell you this to assuage my own internal guilt and my one hope is that none of you doxx me and tell my employer and get me fired

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
lmao at guilt for taking a day off

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Disposable Scud posted:

lmao at guilt for taking a day off

my days in the service industry side of things have coached me not to look at my phone, lest i get three strikes and be fired, most expertly

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Relax Or DIE posted:

the next evolution of gacha games is just getting random games that self destruct

ooh you wanted animal crossing sorry that's a double decker ultra rare, here's your copy of BMXXX, good for 2 hours

game durability

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I got Dying Light on a 20$ sale and I was having a lot of fun with it until mmmmmmmmm exactly this moment where I had to do the first mission where you fight five humans at the pharmacy. I was playing on Nightmare (you get double EXP, thought it was worth it) and I used all four of my active weapons bludgeoning a single guy and didn't kill him. Dropped it to Hard and literally slammed a single guy in the head forty times and didn't kill him. Just chainstunning him on the ground and continually getting back up. I died like 20 times to the encounter DESPITE if you kill one they stay dead. You can't change your active weapon slots during a paused game, so I was just like "well it's one guy even if the weapon is broken I need to finish this guy off before I can swap out" and this was the result. I think the game might be significantly more loot-based than I thought

Use molotovs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My dying light campaign was almost entirely bow headshots and that sick jumpkick

(At least until the expansion when you get a buggy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjMr4ZGp-ZQ

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is the Nintendo 64 version of Animal Crossing (it was only released in Japan)? Is it pretty dated and not really worth playing?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

How is the Nintendo 64 version of Animal Crossing (it was only released in Japan)? Is it pretty dated and not really worth playing?

the gamecube one is just an updated version of it released a year later

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A Sometimes Food posted:

Isn't he Canadian anyway?

Aren't we all Canadian, really

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Which site do you guys use to check upcoming games? I’m like who has a clean layout of all the games coming out each month?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
What if you made hummus with coffee beans instead of garbanzos

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The OP of the monthly chat threads is where it get all my news

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah okay the Bow has significantly improved my ability to kill stuff good. I still don't like how janky some of the combat is though. You have basically a parry where you can throw enemies as they attack you and it's very useful. However, more than a few times now I've gotten the prompt, hit the button, and the animation starts to play and I even get a little achievement popup that I successfully did the counter, but the guy just does his attack anyways and I die with no way to bail out of the judo throw. Really kind of bumming me out on what has otherwise been pretty fun

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Housh posted:

Which site do you guys use to check upcoming games? I’m like who has a clean layout of all the games coming out each month?

Chat thread

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Turky_Bacon/status/1231572289558392838

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't posted :shittydog: in awhile. She got a bath last week but needs another one because she poops on herself. True loving goon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

For those asking if Dreams is any good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rezzjJ4NtK0

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Finally the net yaroze is fully realized.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
I played FFXIV all day yesterday and Divinity OS2 with my little bro who lives across the country all day today. It was a good weekend. I don't wanna go back to work :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Infinitum posted:

For those asking if Dreams is any good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rezzjJ4NtK0

I enjoyed seeing "Big Chungus"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIKqpxf8bGQ&t=8498s

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

games thread i am going to confide in you my great secret, i've gotten too drunk for a sunday and know i will not be feeling well tomorrow and so i have used a "sick day" to take time off of work, and intend to get even more drunk and play a bunch of videogames. i tell you this to assuage my own internal guilt and my one hope is that none of you doxx me and tell my employer and get me fired

Never feel guilty for taking time off. You are more important than a companies profit margins, no matter what they tell you or make you think!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Only got 4 more chapters in Yakuza Kiwami 2 to go, hopefully gonna crack those this week and then get my teeth into dmc5

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Good morning

It feels like spring is coming with less than a month away until Animal Crossing Eternal

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One month until vacation juice

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Either going to watch a film tonight or play a game while Lady VG does the night shift. Gotta be a game or a movie she is not into/wants to see either. No idea what to pick yet!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Either going to watch a film tonight or play a game while Lady VG does the night shift. Gotta be a game or a movie she is not into/wants to see either. No idea what to pick yet!

Do you have Netflix? If so watch Uncut Gems

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I accidentally read a spoiler for the end of uncut gems and now i want to watch it even more

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

His acceptance speech was v.good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihalG3Rw_QA

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I spent yesterday being sick and it kinda rolled over into today so what up sick day buddy

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I've been riding planes most of my life and I've still never gotten over the fear. Getting to fly out to see family for the first time in 5 years and all i can do is literally think about my will, and if i should make it an open Google doc I send to myself. Do modern wills give out passwords?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Convex posted:

Do you have Netflix? If so watch Uncut Gems

This is the movie that is at the top of my list for solo viewing. I have no idea what it is about but I do not mind watching it and then watching it again with Lady VG if I think she will dig it :D (I have been showing her many, many films lately as she was never really into movies and I have a whole list of good and great stuff I think she would enjoy and so far I have been batting 1000 with recommendations! We watched Ferris Bueller's Day off on Saturday afternoon and Snatch on Sunday afternoon. :D)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hype for weekend where I will be drugged out of my mind playing vidya games in bed while recovering from the very much non-hype 'having a bunch of teeth removed'