Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think it's unkind to rats personally

I had pet rats growing up, and they were cute, smart and friendly. The short lifespan is a heartbreaker though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I just don't understand how the establishment Democrat is the "safer" pick when they have been losing for two decades outside of 2008 and have lost total control of the government to conservative interests. That line made more sense in 2000 before Gore blew it. Biden isn't even doing well enough to justify him being safe even in the context that the Democratic brand wins elections.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the concept of “electability” seems to be mostly ideology without empirical support

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Old people are bad at changing their opinion once their world view solidifies and all of that happened after a lot of these supporters decided dem supporter was part of their identity.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Old people are bad at changing their opinion once their world view solidifies and all of that happened after a lot of these supporters decided dem supporter was part of their identity.

yuuuuup. my uncle proved this by jumping on the Boomerberg train. can't wait for him to get destroyed, BERNIE to win, then i'm literally only going to wear BERNIE clothes around my uncle

:fuckoff:
:berninator:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Radish posted:

I just don't understand how the establishment Democrat is the "safer" pick when they have been losing for two decades outside of 2008 and have lost total control of the government to conservative interests. That line made more sense in 2000 before Gore blew it. Biden isn't even doing well enough to justify him being safe even in the context that the Democratic brand wins elections.

it didn't make much sense before then either. the dems have been stumbling around since fdr; the gains since then have been despite the establishment, not because of it

e: probably more correct to say since lbj, since he did the great society and kept up the support for civil rights. but he also did war crimes in vietnam so Many Sides to that poo poo

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 15:42 on Feb 24, 2020

nah
Mar 16, 2009

one thing's for sure, if Bernie loses South Carolina even by one vote, the media will act like this is the beginning of the end for his campaign, he should drop out now etc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nah posted:

one thing's for sure, if Bernie loses South Carolina even by one vote, the media will act like this is the beginning of the end for his campaign, he should drop out now etc

100%

“the people have spoken!!”

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

nah posted:

yeah this is going to be really annoying

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
nice

Serf
May 5, 2011

nah posted:

if bernie wins sc by one vote they'll say the same thing

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I still think it’s highly unlikely that Bernie will win SC. I’m predicting Biden 30% Bloomberg 20% Butt 15%

Bernie might not win SC but he'll at least come second. Bloomberg isn't on the ballot and Buttigieg probably won't hit viability. If polls hold, it'll probably be Biden first, Bernie second, Steyer third, everyone else below viability. If Biden dips any more then flip Biden and Bernie, because they're not too far apart in polling averages.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

at least that narrative will only last 3 days

Somber Ragweed
Feb 11, 2020

nah posted:

The three days between SC and Super Tuesday are going to be silly season x 10. If not for the Orb Mother's amplification of our aura resonances we would surely go mad.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Tetracube posted:

The Hillary staffers, having devoured Kamala and Warren, move on to their third and most bountiful feast

RIP in piss, Bloomberg campaign

Hillary staffers are El Cuco

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rauros posted:

at least that narrative will only last 3 days

the “Russia wants bernie to win!!” didn’t even last that long

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bernie is top two of every primary so far: "This is bad for the Sanders campaign"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Serf posted:

if bernie wins sc by one vote they'll say the same thing

yeah, it's this, the media is always going to try to spin everything as anti-bernie

it won't matter though people just pay attention to see the image of the state with the candidate's head next to it and maybe they watch 2 minutes of the winner's acceptance speech

but you get millions and millions of non politics nerds watching those moments, which is why the early states matter

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

the concept of “electability” seems to be mostly ideology without empirical support

see also “lanes”

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Harrow posted:

Bernie might not win SC but he'll at least come second. Bloomberg isn't on the ballot and Buttigieg probably won't hit viability. If polls hold, it'll probably be Biden first, Bernie second, Steyer third, everyone else below viability. If Biden dips any more then flip Biden and Bernie, because they're not too far apart in polling averages.

The last poll had Bernie behind by 4%, and that's before the brutal Nevada caucus. That's going to have a week to sit with the people of SC. It's why Clyburn endorsing Biden is leaking early, to try and blunt impact from Bernie's win.

The Tuesday debate will probably knock Bernie around, but I don't think it will change things up that much for Bernie tbh

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
I mean if someone says Bernie can’t beat trump you just gotta say “why? will you not vote for him? you want trump to win? what’s wrong with you you sicko”

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

After ST it's gonna winnow down to Bernie, Biden, and Bloomberg.

Warren will run out of money and excuses for being "Ms. Fourth Place". Bloomberg will stay in simply because he can self fund forever, ego, and the dream of rat loving Bernie at a contested convention. Biden will get first or a very close second in SC and that will be enough for the party flacks to convince their corporate donors to keep this Weekend at (haha) Bernie's situation with old sleepy Joe going until at least May.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the media is going to spend hours and hours after sc going on about how bernie is too racesexist to win, and when he sweeps california and texas they're going to to say the same thing. the media doesn't have a stranglehold on the populace, and bernie has huge support and word of mouth. his supporters are the angriest and the most involved, and you can't buy that kind of energy

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Assuming Pete stays below 15% in NV, what happens to his two delegates? Are they unbound immediately for the convention?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mrmcd posted:

After ST it's gonna winnow down to Bernie, Biden, and Bloomberg.

Warren will run out of money and excuses for being "Ms. Fourth Place". Bloomberg will stay in simply because he can self fund forever, ego, and the dream of rat loving Bernie at a contested convention. Biden will get first or a very close second in SC and that will be enough for the party flacks to convince their corporate donors to keep this Weekend at (haha) Bernie's situation with old sleepy Joe going until at least May.
I don't see Klob and Pete going anywhere anytime soon, unless Klob loses Minnesota, which lol might actually happen.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I still think it’s highly unlikely that Bernie will win SC. I’m predicting Biden 30% Bloomberg 20% Butt 15%

Zero chance Butt is viable in SC.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Relevant Tangent posted:

Assuming Pete stays below 15% in NV, what happens to his two delegates? Are they unbound immediately for the convention?

He will get two bound delegates from CD-2 and one bound delegate from CD-3 (probably). He will get no at large or PLEO delegates.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

It's pretty clear that was a joke/troll prediction.

Bernie is definitely getting either first or second.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vox Nihili posted:

yeah the N.H. and Iowa hyoe got him....three percent

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Joementum posted:

He will get two bound delegates from CD-2 and one bound delegate from CD-3 (probably). He will get no at large or PLEO delegates.

i hope someone can free those bound delegates from their chains

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I don't see Klob and Pete going anywhere anytime soon, unless Klob loses Minnesota, which lol might actually happen.

Ratboy has enough of an ego I could see it despite not winning poo poo, but he seems like the corporate donors version of Warren. If Biden wins SC his handlers are probably pulling his funding.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
also how is Biden’s ground game in SC. I know he has been focusing on it but his ground game has been anemic even in Iowa

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

The last poll had Bernie behind by 4%, and that's before the brutal Nevada caucus. That's going to have a week to sit with the people of SC. It's why Clyburn endorsing Biden is leaking early, to try and blunt impact from Bernie's win.

The Tuesday debate will probably knock Bernie around, but I don't think it will change things up that much for Bernie tbh

Whats the early voting situation in SC?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1231957131508752384

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

also how is Biden’s ground game in SC. I know he has been focusing on it but his ground game has been anemic even in Iowa

lmao what ground game

where are the Biden volunteers? I never see any

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

WampaLord posted:

lmao what ground game

where are the Biden volunteers? I never see any

I wonder that because that’s basically how you underperm in polls.

What people say on a poll don’t mean poo poo if you don’t get them to the booth as Hilary and Biden should know

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1231949774561193987

Florida goes after Super Tuesday, Bernie is absolutely winning Florida in the primary

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

The Clyburn Clock

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Every morning I make a Pete. It's always a relief after I've cleansed myself and flushed it away. My day always improves after Pete has left me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Gumball Gumption posted:

Bernie is top two of every primary so far: "This is bad for the Sanders campaign"

he's first in every primary